is extracting premolars for decompensation just fucking cope?

M

MD_Hopeful69

Kraken
It’s not just cope its a looksmin

• +1
Reactions: Stallone, N1c, Incoming and 2 others
obv not if you can do larger movements

• +1
Reactions: MeinChadf, mewcoper and Gaia262
@Sergio-OMS @RealSurgerymax thoughts?

i am mild class 3 so probably domt even need to remove premolars

do not extract premolars.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 14280, N1c, Incoming and 2 others
are there other options?

do not extract premolars.
ok sounds good. i am mild class 3 that is compensated with previous ortho by tipping maxillary incisors . probably dont need much bsso movement

ok sounds good. i am mild class 3 that is compensated with previous ortho by tipping maxillary incisors . probably dont need much bsso movement

I think you should clarify to Sergio that you are decompensating for jaw surgery.

I think he is assuming you mean normal retraction orthodontics without surgery.

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper
I think you should clarify to Sergio that you are decompensating for jaw surgery.

You’re coping if you think pre molars extractions do shit
Maybe if you’re a class 2 cel but not for class 3 moggers

Decompensation insinuates you still get surgery

then what the fuck is point of decompensating jfl

Decompensation insinuates you still get surgery

then what the fuck is point of decompensating jfl
I understood that you were getting jaw surgery. I don’t know the details of your case and, no offence, I don’t want to.

My answer is still the same. I don’t advice extractions of premolars, in general, when preparing for jaw surgery,

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14280 and ascentium
I understood that you were getting jaw surgery. I don’t know the details of your case and, no offence, I don’t want to.

My answer is still the same. I don’t advice extractions of premolars, in general, when preparing for jaw surgery,
But doc my case is quite interesting. If this goes right I could become chadlite

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14280, Incoming, ascentium and 1 other person
You might need malar implants or a bimax and a previous MSE / SARME, but it is better than extracting teeth, in my opinion.

You might need malar implants or a bimax and a previous MSE / SARME, but it is better than extracting teeth, in my opinion.
Can I send you a picture of my palate ?

Is it possible so salvage wisdom teeth? I know Coceancig routinely extracts them as do other maxfac surgeons. Mine are partially erupted

and with a jaw surgery there surely would be enough space for them. I just do not want more extractions. Your thoughts? Is it possible not to extract them?

• +1
Reactions: Trynaascend
Is it possible so salvage wisdom teeth? I know Coceancig routinely extracts them as do other maxfac surgeons. Mine are partially erupted
View attachment 1029053

and with a jaw surgery there surely would be enough space for them. I just do not want more extractions. Your thoughts? Is it possible not to extract them?

In some patients it is possible to keep them, but rarely. Just follow your surgeon's advice. With IMDO it is more probable to be able to keep them, as it creates bone, but wisdom teeth are normally in the middle of the BSSO lines.

Wisdom teeth are not that important. It is good to have them erupted and in a good occlusion as it means that your jaws have developed correctly, but once they are out (or once you see that they can't get out)...

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32, mewcoper and spark
In some patients it is possible to keep them, but rarely. Just follow your surgeon's advice. With IMDO it is more probable to be able to keep them, as it creates bone, but wisdom teeth are normally in the middle of the BSSO lines.

Wisdom teeth are not that important. It is good to have them erupted and in a good occlusion as it means that your jaws have developed correctly, but once they are out (or once you see that they can't get out)...
I got removed my premolars + i will removed my wisdom teeths soon either for surgery, is that really bad ? My ortho conviced me for more advencement.

could you explain more can it cause bone resorption ?

@ascentium

@Sergio-OMS what do you think about imdo then do a procedure like aso but extracting the newly grown gum area instead of teeth?

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
Sorry I don’t understand this
you know when you do imdo there is new gum space created between the two molars(i believe?)
this is ASO

can you do a procedure like that but instead of extracting teeth you cut off that new gum space
result would be like bimax w/o extraction

• JFL
Reactions: Boldandbeautiful and BobbyJindalsTwin
you know when you do imdo there is new gum space created between the two molars(i believe?)
this is ASO
View attachment 1182594
can you do a procedure like that but instead of extracting teeth you cut off that new gum space
result would be like bimax w/o extraction
Why would you want to create bone and gum and then remove that new tissues ?

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
Why would you want to create bone and gum and then remove that new tissues ?
for the aesthetic benefit. i just want a more projected jaw without moving the teeth

if you want bigger movement, compensate with CCW, like Arnett do

He goes up to 25degree CCW in some of his case,

That's why he's top 0.1% surgeon

CCW is everything to get bigger movement

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Also never listen to surgeon plan, never believe them

Trust ur knowledge u learn:
For great bimax u need:
SNA at 85-87 degree
SNB at 83 - 85 degree
Occlusal plane 4 to 6 degree
Upper incisor 4.5mm under upper lip

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834
Legend. I had no idea an actual surgeon browses these aspie retard forums :feelskek:

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
if you want bigger movement, compensate with CCW, like Arnett do

He goes up to 25degree CCW in some of his case,

That's why he's top 0.1% surgeon

CCW is everything to get bigger movement
Mate do you like him more then alfaro?

Also never listen to surgeon plan, never believe them

Trust ur knowledge u learn:
For great bimax u need:
SNA at 85-87 degree
SNB at 83 - 85 degree