Is it possible to change gonial angle without implants?

D

Deleted member 5385

Truth seeker
I noticed that masculine men have taller ramus because of smaller distance between condyle and coronoid.
Schema showing the gross anatomy of the mandible

Masculine Men(or women with smaller gonial angle) tend to have small distance between condyle and coronoid.
1 2 Skull comparison lateral preview 850x5892

That also affected longer ramus.
B701ceee9a7c4872657d66f764408156

And now is there any osteotomy/DO which is able to decrease distance between condyle and coronoid? In my personal opinion ideal gonial angle is between 100-110 degrees and give from profile that robust,masculine look.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I think the distance between condyle and coronoid just look smaller on men skulls because everything else is bigger than in females skulls.

I am pretty sure that you can change your gonial angle and lengthen your ramus with a Side Wing Osteotomy.

• +1
Bimax

• +1
chewing/mastication for a long enough time could by increasing your ramus length, but that wont really have much of an effect if your gonial angle is already really high/ur jaw is downward grown

• +1
chewing/mastication for a long enough time could by increasing your ramus length, but that wont really have much of an effect if your gonial angle is already really high/ur jaw is downward grown
Chewing could only work if your masseters are already low set

This was a pretty dumb post. Lowering the gonial angle doesn’t lengthen the ramus, and I see no evidence that the distance between those landmarks affects ramus height.

• +1
Reactions: athnico