is it really a bad idea to get genio instead of bsso ? (6-7mm)

A

agoostis

Master
just got out of the surgeon he told me to stfu and get bsso

here’s my jaw https://looksmax.org/threads/is-my-maxilla-recessed.496507/ as u can see it’s not that bad i just need a few mm + fill the mentolabial fold

i wanted to cope and get genio + bone graft, i did a simulation it looks like this:

fr what is wrong with coping with genio ? is bsso really that much better ? i dnt want to wait 1,5 years of braces to ascend :feelswah:

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
forgot to mention they will extract 3 teeth for bsso

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19499
hard to comment just 1, false angled photo but you can ascend with only genio.

i’ve posted few pics in the thead i linked

but yeah 6-7mm bsso and 6-7 mm genio is kinda the same right?

i’ve posted few pics in the thead i linked

but yeah 6-7mm bsso and 6-7 mm genio is kinda the same right?

even tho there’s extraction?
If you look better jutting then do BSSO. Although jutting is actually more like bimaxillary surgery with downgrafting. I think that genio just worsens things aesthetically with recession that long. Do you have more side profile pics?

Ok I saw other pics/thread. Hard to tell. But extractions suck lol. Maybe genio and graft then. Consult another surgeon.

Ok I saw other pics/thread. Hard to tell. But extractions suck lol. Maybe genio and graft then. Consult another surgeon.
what does extraction do to the face ? he wants to remove 3 teeth

also he told me that i should get extraction even if i dont do the bsso, because the teeth are useless and could get infected some day

is he bluepilled ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18301
are they wisdom teeth? If so they’re not that important. I got mine removed.

also he told me that i should get extraction even if i dont do the bsso, because the teeth are useless and could get infected some day

is he bluepilled ?
Don’t do any extraction without jaw surgery, it will ruin your bone growth specially if you are younger. Dunno how it works for older ones

Ok based on the ceph you 100% need BSSO. Your teeth are fucked because your jaw is too short. It will look much better after BSSO and braces. And the extractions are just for wisdom teeth which is fine, so they can do the BSSO cut.

Your doctor isn’t blue pilled.

is he bluepilled ?
How long will you have to wait after getting teeth pulled to get the surgery? If the surgeon pulls premolars and shit you will be more recessed but can get a larger movement.

Wisdom teeth are required to get removed as I believe that’s where the cut for bsso is done but removing wisdom teeth wont noticeably descend you.

But tbh you don’t look bad already have good jaw. Unless you’re having function problems bimax might not even worth the squeeze.

How long will you have to wait after getting teeth pulled to get the surgery? If the surgeon pulls premolars and shit you will be more recessed but can get a larger movement.

Wisdom teeth are required to get removed as I believe that’s where the cut for bsso is done but removing wisdom teeth wont noticeably descend you.

But tbh you don’t look bad already have good jaw. Unless you’re having function problems bimax might not even worth the squeeze.
i’ll have to ask to my ortho, i think it’s either at the beginning of the treatment or just before the bsso

but i’ll tell them i want to keep my premolars

yeah i think my jaw is decent that’s why i don’t really want to go to the jaw surgery path, it’s long and cost more than just genio

but if i really need it ..

Last edited:
Ok based on the ceph you 100% need BSSO. Your teeth are fucked because your jaw is too short. It will look much better after BSSO and braces. And the extractions are just for wisdom teeth which is fine, so they can do the BSSO cut.

Your doctor isn’t blue pilled.
1.5 more years of recession :feelswhy:
i hope it’ll make a good difference, 6-7mm don’t seem a lot

1.5 more years of recession :feelswhy:
i hope it’ll make a good difference, 6-7mm don’t seem a lot
6-7mm is huge lol. Remove wisdoms and get BSSO 100%.

If he says you need bsso you need bsso go see another surgeon if you want to make sure.

• +1
Reactions: Halloweener
6-7mm is huge lol. Remove wisdoms and get BSSO 100%.
and elastic, does it have any impact on face after puberty ? i’ll probably have to wear them for month to push my teeth back

How to know if I need BSSO or genio?

Also how can you get BSSO without some upper jaw movement to match the bite?

How to know if I need BSSO or genio?
Lets not forget that all of these orthognatic surgery movements are done first and foremost for FUNCTION.
The only way to know for sure is:
1) Get a consultation with an ortho/maxfac
2) Get a CT scan and do the analysis yourself or get someone else to do it.

you could need BSSO for a lot of reasons, here are a couple:
1) Your lower jaw is too far back/too small for your upper jaw so you need to bring it forward. There are multiple ways to tell this, but I assume you know how to google and use youtube. For example Op had a post with a ceph would need to move his lower jaw forward a bit to get a perfect class 1 bite.
2) You need it in conjunction with a lefort to get a good bite.
3) You are a PSL autist who wants to rearrange his already good bite to ascend.

You could need genio for a lot of reasons, here are a couple:
1) Your bite is good and the deficiency is only in your chin/mentalis region. (THIS IS HARD TO TELL WITHOUT A CEPH/PROFESSIONAL, I WAS CONVINCED I HAD A RECCESED LOWER JAW UNTILL MY SURGEON SHOWED ME MY CEPHS AND EXPLAINED WHY I AM RETARDED AND THAT ONLY MY CHIN IS THE PROBLEM)
2) Your bite is not optimal and it wont get worse, so you and you surgeon decide to go the less invasive route and just do genio (BSSO is pretty intense, it is the most dangerous movement in bimax and causes the most complications)
3) You want fast results with less recovery time, and no change in your bite function.
Also how can you get BSSO without some upper jaw movement to match the bite?
There are cases where the deficiency is in only one jaw or moving just one jaw is enough. Again CT scan/professional.

An example would be some overbite cases where the upper jaw is in a good position, but the lower jaw needs to be rotated/moved a little bit to match the upper jaw.

Get another consultation for more opinions

i got others consult, despite my already mogger jaw they recommended me bsso to fix my teeth and chin fold