Is it true that invisalign or camouflage dental can cause recession when trying to match the teeth without expansion

Acruxes

Acruxes

Iron
Joined
Jun 12, 2026
Posts
69
Reputation
28
I have a skeletal Class II overbite. I've had Invisalign for the past year or so, and while I've had it, I developed a dorsal hump, sort of like the image below, but my nose was at the bottom, and during Invisalign it became the top. When I got Invisalign, I didn't do the proper research into it, and around 2 to 3 months into treatment, I started researching overbites and the skull as a whole. I plan to possibly do BSSO or DJS if I qualify in a few years.
 

Attachments

  • 1790820943079.png
    1790820943079.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 0
Oh yeah braces can restrict growth and even cause recession
 
  • +1
Reactions: chubbas

Similar threads

batupro454509@gmail
Replies
5
Views
53
spaghettifan33
spaghettifan33
alexum
Replies
14
Views
38
alexum
alexum
SherrifHope
Replies
9
Views
50
rationalguy.xx
rationalguy.xx
vrillionaire ice
Replies
9
Views
68
ernesto11
ernesto11
alexum
Replies
5
Views
36
alexum
alexum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top