Is it worth running an accutane cycle for really mild acne?

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Chasing Vanity
been on tret 0.25 for a while, but still got a spot here and there and thinking about running some accutane to go from ~80% clear to 95-100%

thoughts?

edit: 0.025 not 0.25

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14274 and Mongrelcel
most likely no

• So Sad
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
been on tret 0.25 for a while, but still got a spot here and there and thinking about running some accutane to go from ~80% clear to 95-100%

thoughts?
Bump up to 0.05% Tret

Bump up to 0.05% Tret
I don't really want to rely on tret for acne. I use that for collagen too.

I like solutions where you just do shit once and then you're done with it, which is what accutane does. but I'm not sure if it's effective for mild cases. tbh.

Nigga you on fin for hairloss, you're gonna shed even more on accutane. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Fix acne with something else.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14274 and ifyouwannabemylover
Nigga you on fin for hairloss, you're gonna shed even more on accutane. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Fix acne with something else.
but the potential hair loss from accutane (quite rare afaik) is seperate from mpb. I don't think your hairline is gonna recede from accutane or something.

• +1
Reactions: BrownBoy
but the potential hair loss from accutane (quite rare afaik) is seperate from mpb. I don't think your hairline is gonna recede from accutane or something.
If you use a high enough concentration you could lose it. I am personally too concerned about my hair and wouldn't want any more possible shed.

• Hmm...
If you use a high enough concentration you could lose it. I am personally too concerned about my hair and wouldn't want any more possible shed.
I get that. the acne is mild anyway as I said but I'll keep the accutane in mind for later maybe.

• +1
Reactions: BrownBoy
I went on accutane and I only experienced hair loss on the side of my head ( around ears )
B0676BC0 44FC 4876 B3B4 73FD813DECBD
I didn’t have much crown thinning just dry af hair

• +1
I went on accutane and I only experienced hair loss on the side of my head ( around ears )View attachment 1237975 I didn’t have much crown thinning just dry af hair
how bad was your acne and how long did you take accutane for?

What did you end up doing OP ?

Old post. But nah. If you're past puberty and still getting acne, then 99% of the time it's a matter of health, hygiene, or inflammation. Accutane should be used as a last resort only

Ask yourself: are you getting good quality sleep? Is your diet on point, and you're not eating sugars and junk food that'll upset my gut? Do I have a consistent skincare routine where no products have an ingredient that can potentially inflame my skin type? Find the root of that bad fruit instead of jumping to conclusions and throwing away the whole bunch

I usually had about 6 spots on my face at any given time. Been on accutane 80mg /day for about 4 weeks now I have clear skin, I'm gonna take it for another 7 weeks cause its just how much I bought. Hoping to maintain the results with 0.05% tretinoin after, or I might try maintain with a microdosage of accutane haven't decided yet.
Only side effects are dry skin, lips and inside of my nose when I wake up but I just use moisturiser and vaseline, It's worth it in my opinion.