IS MIKE MEW a FUCKING RETARD?

goat2x

goat2x

You are done son

he wants to pull the back of the maxilla upwards but wouldnt this result in an increased anterior maxilla height?
Oie YfRI4NDdTzH3

" As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards"
(the anterior maxilla shifting downwards after the posterior came upwards)
wouldnt this result in a more downswing face?

@hairyballscel @retard @Sergio-OMS @Good_Little_Goy @Copemaxxing

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 9344, Deleted member 5385 and 7 others
He's been a retard his whole life

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 23564, thecel, Be_ConfidentBro and 10 others

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: anticel, Deleted member 3828, Toth's thot and 12 others
" As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards"
so does chewing help forward growth or not?

fucking so much conflicting data on this

• +1
Reactions: thecel and goat2x
so does chewing help forward growth or not?

fucking so much conflicting data on this
yet to see one data that claims chewing on your incisors/front teeth can remodel your whole face upwards

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, Alexanderr, lorssiscute and 2 others
yet to see one data that claims chewing on your incisors/front teeth can remodel your whole face upwards
yeah that seems like a PSL meme.

Studies I've seen don't differentiate between "molar or incisor" chewing, but there are many that show that masseter CSA is correlated with flatter occlusal planes, longer rami, etc.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and goat2x
HOLY SHIT OP IS 300 IQ

But maxilla can be recessed in two directions, in the anterior or the superior. Superior recession means your midface is too short, in which case this would be useful. Not really much hope in mewing for pancake faces

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9344, KrissKross and goat2x
Not sure tbh, the thing about the masseter quote is it‘s not necessarily a causal link and pulling up on the back of the maxilla is not guaranteed to have the same mechanism of action, especially if he means moving the back of the maxilla upwards in tandem with the front and such, he wasn’t very precise in the clip tbh id be careful abt reading into it too muvh

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Lux and goat2x

Studies I've seen don't differentiate between "molar or incisor" chewing, but there are many that show that masseter CSA is correlated with flatter occlusal planes, longer rami, etc.
i read a study which basically said that with front teeth chewing you put more pressure on the maxilla but even with that
the changes might be because of the muscle
and
its far easier to achieve a downswing than upswing

• WTF
Reactions: Ocelot
HOLY SHIT OP IS 300 IQ

But maxilla can be recessed in two directions, in the anterior or the superior. Superior recession means your midface is too short, in which case this would be useful. Not really much hope in mewing for pancake faces
Where did you read about this? Bang on tbh my lower maxilla is good but upper is recessed and as u saidd stunts midface, infraorbitals, and nose

• +1
Reactions: thecel and goat2x
Not sure tbh, the thing about the masseter quote is it‘s not necessarily a causal link and pulling up on the back of the maxilla is not guaranteed to have the same mechanism of action, especially if he means moving the back of the maxilla upwards in tandem with the front and such, he wasn’t very precise in the clip tbh id be careful abt reading into it too muvh
yeah thats a good arguement
but then
mewing is utter trash you shouldnt focus at the back of the teeth at all

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thecel and Good_Little_Goy
i read a study which basically said that with front teeth chewing you put more pressure on the maxilla but even with that
the changes might be because of the muscle
and
its far easier to achieve a downswing than upswing
basically over if you don't look like this at 10
Tylermaher10

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Lolcel, goat2x and Deleted member 5875

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262, Deleted member 9344, BrickTop and 6 others
Short answer, yes he is

• JFL
Reactions: goat2x

You have to look for stress redistribution

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, goat2x and Ocelot
no in mouth breathers they typically will have over erupted molars and it will make their lower facial height really high, since there bite will have to close really low, by lifting the molars/the back of the maxilla (where the molars are) it will allow the mandible to rotate upwards and forwards

dr ting uses TADs to intrude the teeth for these same cases, which is better since you don’t need to wear headgear but the end results would be more or less the same, I doubt TADs we’re even around when this video was made though

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, Lux and goat2x
no in mouth breathers they typically will have over erupted molars and it will make their lower facial height really high, since there bite will have to close really low, by lifting the molars/the back of the maxilla (where the molars are) it will allow the mandible to rotate upwards and forwards

dr ting uses TADs to intrude the teeth for these same cases, which is better since you don’t need to wear headgear but the end results would be more or less the same, I doubt TADs we’re even around when this video was made though
Post pic of it br

Post pic of it br
the over eruption of molars or the TADs? I doubt knkw anyone else then ting who does it so I doubt I could find any pics

• +1
the over eruption of molars or the TADs? I doubt knkw anyone else then ting who does it so I doubt I could find any pics
Retard

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: KrissKross, retard and goat2x
actually they weren’t hard to find

52EBF2CE F12B 49DC 9E0D 000896679DC5

99FED240 7B01 4032 9F3B CBD832DB5F7C

imagine there are lower teeth there, if there were and the upper molars were still in the same position the mandible would be “blocked” from coming up by the molars, what mike is referring to and there would most likely be an anterior open bite, by pulling the back half of the maxilla upwards, it allows the anterior mandible to shift upwards which sounds kinda counterintuitive but it’s right

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and goat2x
actually they weren’t hard to find

View attachment 736889

View attachment 736890
imagine there are lower teeth there, if there were and the upper molars were still in the same position the mandible would be “blocked” from coming up by the molars, what mike is referring to and there would most likely be an anterior open bite, by pulling the back half of the maxilla upwards, it allows the anterior mandible to shift upwards which sounds kinda counterintuitive but it’s right
What abt in deepbites, over bites

What abt in deepbites, over bites
that would just depend on how far the mandible is forward, and how extruded the incisors were as well, every case isn’t black and white

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and goat2x
that would just depend on how far the mandible is forward, and how extruded the incisors were as well, every case isn’t black and white
How common is that in overbites or deepbites
I have a strong feeling that the most of the audience have one of these two

How common is that in overbites or deepbites
I have a strong feeling that the most of the audience have one of these two
I have seen statistics saying 45-70% of people have some sort of an overbite, it is by far the most common malocclusion, but that just looks at it from a far away perspective, there are many other factors such as the division of class 2 it is, the lower facial height, occlusal plane level etc that make each case different

• +1
wouldnt this result in a more downswing face?
not everyone needs CCW rotation bro

• +1

canine chewing was mainly brought to attention because chewing with the canines increases the stress put on the bones which results in more bone growth. the whole "rotating your maxilla by chewing at the front" came later. don't see why that wouldn't work though when that article claims the it works very well in the other direction.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
This is perfect for me

canine chewing was mainly brought to attention because chewing with the canines increases the stress put on the bones which results in more bone growth. the whole "rotating your maxilla by chewing at the front" came later. don't see why that wouldn't work though when that article claims the it works very well in the other direction.
any articles on canine chewing?

• +1
because thats how your face basically allows it to grow
watch videos on it

• +1
Mewinglol

• JFL
Reactions: KrissKross, Deleted member 6723 and Ocelot
any articles on canine chewing?
well there's this image showing the stress distribution, if you reverse search it you'll find an article. don't remember what the article was about though.
Bruxism luco Fig3 4 1

oh yea @Ocelot after i read the article again some time ago i noticed that this image is a bit misleading. i doubt the difference is as large as this might make you think.

Last edited:
  • +1
looks above average
biacromial width?
Ion know what this is if you mean bideltoid then 52cm selfmeasured so probably wrong

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: goat2x and Ocelot
Ion know what this is if you mean bideltoid then 52cm selfmeasured so probably wrong
biacromial width is the length of the clavicles themselves, excluding the deltoid muscles

52 cm is good for bideltoid

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing and goat2x
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Feminineboi, wasted, Ocelot and 1 other person
it was like 44cm 3 weeks ago
interesting
44? impossible looking at that picture. I would've guessed around 46-48 minimum

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing and goat2x