Is my maxilla downswung? (From ceph x-ray)

N

Naris030

Iron
SNA angle is 81 degrees(normal range). I have a gummy smile, and a narrow palate (30mm) due to tongue tie

So is my maxilla just downswung or is it downswung and recessed ?

And if so is there anything I can do at 18. Looking at biobloc, can that cause facial upswing?

Attachments

• 078F1CFE-8E0D-4F05-AD75-FC0E2FCD0346.png
    078F1CFE-8E0D-4F05-AD75-FC0E2FCD0346.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
SNA angle is 81 degrees(normal range). I have a gummy smile, and a narrow palate (30mm) due to tongue tie

So is my maxilla just downswung or is it downswung and recessed ?

And if so is there anything I can do at 18. Looking at biobloc, can that cause facial upswing?

• JFL
Reactions: Gigatyrone69
Not even a question.

• +1
Reactions: marek937, UZB_Strebl and socialcel
@Allornothing , what are the signs of downwards growth you can see? Because it looks like my occlusal plane is at 0 degrees.

Last edited:
@Allornothing , what are the signs of downwards growth you can see? Because it looks like my occlusal plane is at 0 degrees.
It’s not about occlusal plane. It’s about antegonial notch, tilted out philtrum, downturned lips, high gonial angle.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2 and DefSomeone
Not even a question.
It’s not about occlusal plane. It’s about antegonial notch, tilted out philtrum, downturned lips, high gonial angle.
Thanks for the knowledgeable response. Since all of the signs of my downward growth are on my lower third/LeFort 1 area, can my type of downwards growth and recession be fixed with a bimax?

I don’t think antegonial notch is from down growth
Yeah you’re right actually my bad. Antegonial notch is its own thing where the maxilla isn’t necessarily downgrown, but the mandible and chin (uniquely in this case) are.

Plenty of downgrown men have no antegonial notch. There’s 2 different types of downgrowth.

Yeah you’re right actually my bad. Antegonial notch is its own thing where the maxilla isn’t necessarily downgrown, but the mandible and chin (uniquely in this case) are.

Plenty of downgrown men have no antegonial notch.
I thought it’s from massetar

I thought it’s from massetar
It’s either due to downgrowth far along down the mandible, or it’s closer to the gonion due to angularity at the gonion from extra bone deposition at the bottom. There’s 2 types. The second type is masc and aesthetic. The first isn’t.

• Love it
Reactions: UZB_Strebl
It’s either due to downgrowth far along down the mandible, or it’s closer to the gonion due to angularity at the gonion from extra bone deposition at the bottom. There’s 2 types. The second type is masc and aesthetic. The first isn’t.
Could u show examples