Discussion Is sugar bad for collagen?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

| arthouse hidistant | ADHDcel | ๐ŸŒˆ
Time online
223d 8h 14m
Consensus on this? Like white sugar and shit you know, Seth Walsh @Seth Walsh thoughtsm

Seth Walsh

Seth Walsh

Zephir
Time online
72d 2h 34m
TsarTsar444 said:
Consensus on this? Like white sugar and shit you know, Seth Walsh @Seth Walsh thoughtsm
I don't like sugar at all and will probably be bad for your skin in the long run (glycation etc). Besides that it'll just make you fat and fuck up any leanmaxxing. Some people can tolerate more sugar than others but to me it's BAD.

It's one of the main things I try to avoid. Whenever my sugar intake is higher, I feel worse mentally and physically. I really don't think sugar is necessary or beneficial in general. Will be different for different people too ofc.

But yeah, sugarmaxxing is an everythingminn for me. I know raypeaters like sugar and found consumption beneficial in some way but for me it's just not good.

Seth Walsh

Seth Walsh

Zephir
Time online
72d 2h 34m
Seth Walsh said:
I don't like sugar at all and will probably be bad for your skin in the long run (glycation etc). Besides that it'll just make you fat and fuck up any leanmaxxing. Some people can tolerate more sugar than others but to me it's BAD.

It's one of the main things I try to avoid. Whenever my sugar intake is higher, I feel worse mentally and physically. I really don't think sugar is necessary or beneficial in general. Will be different for different people too ofc.

But yeah, sugarmaxxing is an everythingminn for me. I know raypeaters like sugar and found consumption beneficial in some way but for me it's just not good.
Btw I don't recommend completely eliminating sugar to try improve your skin or whatever.

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Time online
223d 8h 14m
Seth Walsh said:

I feel sleepy and yawn if i hadn't eaten enough carbs tho, so sugar is beneficial to me ngl. And what do you mean by glycation, i thought sugar being bad for skin is a myth

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Time online
223d 8h 14m
kjsbdfiusdf said:
no, make sure your b vitamins are sufficient if you consume a lot of white sugar though
Why

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Time online
223d 8h 14m
Seth Walsh said:

U can use carnosine to stop glycation tho

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Time online
223d 8h 14m
kjsbdfiusdf said:
depletes them cause sugar increases the metabolic rate
B vitamins are a meme

kjsbdfiusdf

kjsbdfiusdf

BAD BITCH CONNOISSEUR
Time online
293d 8h 9m
TsarTsar444 said:
B vitamins are a meme
you literally need them to have a functional metabolism jfl

kjsbdfiusdf

kjsbdfiusdf

BAD BITCH CONNOISSEUR
Time online
293d 8h 9m
Seth Walsh said:
glycation
Peat and Haidut mentioned that most "sugar glycation" are just the break down products of PUFA's

Seth Walsh

Seth Walsh

Zephir
Time online
72d 2h 34m
TsarTsar444 said:
I feel sleepy and yawn if i hadn't eaten enough carbs tho, so sugar is beneficial to me ngl. And what do you mean by glycation, i thought sugar being bad for skin is a myth
Glycation is like a long term condition where glucose in skin fibers interfere with proteins like collagen and elastin. A high sugar diet will probably make your skin age faster OVER A PERIOD OF TIME (like years). But if you're eating so much sugar you'd run into worries about diabetes before worrying about glycation of your skin. So tbh there's not much to worry about in terms of skin health if you just plan on eating more sugar temporarily. Glycation is so overblown. It's akin to being a chronic smoker. Chronic sugar intake will have you worried about insulin resistance, prediabetes etc before stuff like aging skin.

Eat more carbs if you feel the need to. I wouldn't recommend just eating pure sugar though.

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Time online
223d 8h 14m
Seth Walsh said:
Glycation is like a long term condition where glucose in skin fibers interfere with proteins like collagen and elastin. A high sugar diet will probably make your skin age faster OVER A PERIOD OF TIME (like years). But if you're eating so much sugar you'd run into worries about diabetes before worrying about glycation of your skin. So tbh there's not much to worry about in terms of skin health if you just plan on eating more sugar temporarily. Glycation is so overblown. It's akin to being a chronic smoker. Chronic sugar intake will have you worried about insulin resistance, prediabetes etc before stuff like aging skin.

Eat more carbs if you feel the need to. I wouldn't recommend just eating pure sugar though.
Sugar has lower GI then white rice tho, and slightly more then potatoes so it seems fine diabetes wise

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Time online
223d 8h 14m
TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Time online
223d 8h 14m
Seth Walsh said:
You need B vitamins to make dopamine lol
I eat enough b7,b9 and b12 but the rest not enough

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Time online
223d 8h 14m
Seth Walsh said:
Need B6 to convert L-Dopa to Dopamine
I do get enough of that too from chicken it seems, so i do get them mostly

Cali Yuga

Cali Yuga

Zephir
Time online
68d 4h 44m
stop eating it and find out

sandcelmuttcel

sandcelmuttcel

Zephir
Time online
133d 10h 14m
kjsbdfiusdf said:
no, make sure your b vitamins are sufficient if you consume a lot of white sugar though
who is this girl?

Michael

Michael

tinder slayer
Time online
11d 18h 53m
Baldingman1998

Baldingman1998

Zephir
Time online
160d 16h 53m
My skin became alot better (vitamin d 3 and raw liver) but lost all my hair

Retin a looks to have either shrunken my nose as well. Or maybe my face just got wider as I got older tbh

Prettyboy

Prettyboy

Erudite
Time online
40d 10h 11m
kjsbdfiusdf said:
What about lactose ( milk sugar )

kjsbdfiusdf

kjsbdfiusdf

BAD BITCH CONNOISSEUR
Time online
293d 8h 9m
Prettyboy said:
What about lactose ( milk sugar )
only refined white sugar should be restricted if you don't have the proper nutrition