Is sugar bad for collagen?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
Consensus on this? Like white sugar and shit you know, @Seth Walsh thoughtsm

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Seth Walsh
no, make sure your b vitamins are sufficient if you consume a lot of white sugar though

• +1
Reactions: HQNPmaxxing, Baldingman1998, Preoximerianas and 3 others
Consensus on this? Like white sugar and shit you know, @Seth Walsh thoughtsm
I don't like sugar at all and will probably be bad for your skin in the long run (glycation etc). Besides that it'll just make you fat and fuck up any leanmaxxing. Some people can tolerate more sugar than others but to me it's BAD.

It's one of the main things I try to avoid. Whenever my sugar intake is higher, I feel worse mentally and physically. I really don't think sugar is necessary or beneficial in general. Will be different for different people too ofc.

But yeah, sugarmaxxing is an everythingminn for me. I know raypeaters like sugar and found consumption beneficial in some way but for me it's just not good.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262, Carolus, Deleted member 6403 and 2 others
I don't like sugar at all and will probably be bad for your skin in the long run (glycation etc). Besides that it'll just make you fat and fuck up any leanmaxxing. Some people can tolerate more sugar than others but to me it's BAD.

It's one of the main things I try to avoid. Whenever my sugar intake is higher, I feel worse mentally and physically. I really don't think sugar is necessary or beneficial in general. Will be different for different people too ofc.

But yeah, sugarmaxxing is an everythingminn for me. I know raypeaters like sugar and found consumption beneficial in some way but for me it's just not good.
Btw I don't recommend completely eliminating sugar to try improve your skin or whatever.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman

I feel sleepy and yawn if i hadn't eaten enough carbs tho, so sugar is beneficial to me ngl. And what do you mean by glycation, i thought sugar being bad for skin is a myth

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and Deleted member 13787
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 6403

U can use carnosine to stop glycation tho

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and lutte
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, LastHopeForNorman, Preoximerianas and 3 others
  • +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
I feel sleepy and yawn if i hadn't eaten enough carbs tho, so sugar is beneficial to me ngl. And what do you mean by glycation, i thought sugar being bad for skin is a myth
Glycation is like a long term condition where glucose in skin fibers interfere with proteins like collagen and elastin. A high sugar diet will probably make your skin age faster OVER A PERIOD OF TIME (like years). But if you're eating so much sugar you'd run into worries about diabetes before worrying about glycation of your skin. So tbh there's not much to worry about in terms of skin health if you just plan on eating more sugar temporarily. Glycation is so overblown. It's akin to being a chronic smoker. Chronic sugar intake will have you worried about insulin resistance, prediabetes etc before stuff like aging skin.

Eat more carbs if you feel the need to. I wouldn't recommend just eating pure sugar though.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Sugar is cope

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: BrahminBoss and TsarTsar444
Glycation is like a long term condition where glucose in skin fibers interfere with proteins like collagen and elastin. A high sugar diet will probably make your skin age faster OVER A PERIOD OF TIME (like years). But if you're eating so much sugar you'd run into worries about diabetes before worrying about glycation of your skin. So tbh there's not much to worry about in terms of skin health if you just plan on eating more sugar temporarily. Glycation is so overblown. It's akin to being a chronic smoker. Chronic sugar intake will have you worried about insulin resistance, prediabetes etc before stuff like aging skin.

Eat more carbs if you feel the need to. I wouldn't recommend just eating pure sugar though.
Sugar has lower GI then white rice tho, and slightly more then potatoes so it seems fine diabetes wise

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963, Deleted member 2729, LastHopeForNorman and 2 others
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and lutte
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, Deleted member 6963 and TsarTsar444
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Seth Walsh
stop eating it and find out

My skin became alot better (vitamin d 3 and raw liver) but lost all my hair

Screenshot 20211015 060304  01
Screenshot 20211015 055736  01

Retin a looks to have either shrunken my nose as well. Or maybe my face just got wider as I got older tbh

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: lutte and dakchuh
  • Woah
Reactions: Prettyboy
@lutte why laugh elab

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14323 and lutte