Is there any scientific reason as why people say bulking builds more muscle than cutting? (Question)

Deleted member 12303

Deleted member 12303

Boneless ethnic dog
I keep hearing this but no scientific reason provided

• Hmm...
Reactions: karbo
yes, all bulkers look like bloated pig fuckers, just have a calisthenics shape theory tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7419
no, its bullshit just lift
though so bulking is fat cope
No wtf

Bulking is the muscle-gaining phase. You're meant to intentionally consume more calories than your body needs for a set period — often 4–6 months. These extra calories provide your body with the necessary fuel to boost muscle size and strength while weight training

• +1
Reactions: Inscol, karbo, BigBoy and 8 others
No wtf

Bulking is the muscle-gaining phase. You're meant to intentionally consume more calories than your body needs for a set period — often 4–6 months. These extra calories provide your body with the necessary fuel to boost muscle size and strength while weight training
speaks volumes about the average IQ on this site that this needs to even be said jfl

just build a house without bricks bro

• +1
Reactions: karbo, Zradrad and Deleted member 10413
speaks volumes about the average IQ on this site that this needs to even be said jfl

just build a house without bricks bro
what about fat reserves

no, its bullshit just lift

worked for you evidently

• JFL
Reactions: gamma and Deleted member 1862
it's bullshit it's legit as fuck. try it and see.

you need excess protein for muscle synthesis
you need excess energy bc you're expending more
you can eat high protein on a deficit tho you only need 1 gram per pound of body weight of protein thats very doable on a deficit and that energy not gained in food should come from fat reserves am i wrong?

The thing is: how are you going to tell your body to use fat reserves to fuel muscle growth? It's not like you can just allocate resources on a terminal like a game - in other words, just because the pieces are there, it doesn't mean that your body will do what you want with it.
Your body uses hormones as levers of control, and these hormones are dictated by what you eat, when you eat and how much you eat (also exercise, but that is kept constant in the comparison).
Essentially, the hormonal environment required for muscle growth is diametrically opposed to fat loss, so you can't have both... But you can have neither, and that's why people that are beyond beginners and try to "lose fat and gain muscle" usually just stay the same.
>inb4 some retard says I advocate for dirty bulking, not at all - in fact I advocate fasting to dial in insulin sensitivity and drop bf% to improve test/est ratio, and then eating enough that you progress in the gym every week without seeing weekly increases in the scale (should happen much slower, monthly is fine).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
The thing is: how are you going to tell your body to use fat reserves to fuel muscle growth? It's not like you can just allocate resources on a terminal like a game - in other words, just because the pieces are there, it doesn't mean that your body will do what you want with it.
Your body uses hormones as levers of control, and these hormones are dictated by what you eat, when you eat and how much you eat (also exercise, but that is kept constant in the comparison).
Essentially, the hormonal environment required for muscle growth is diametrically opposed to fat loss, so you can't have both... But you can have neither, and that's why people that are beyond beginners and try to "lose fat and gain muscle" usually just stay the same.
>inb4 some retard says I advocate for dirty bulking, not at all - in fact I advocate fasting to dial in insulin sensitivity and drop bf% to improve test/est ratio, and then eating enough that you progress in the gym every week without seeing weekly increases in the scale (should happen much slower, monthly is fine).
i dont know all the sciences but youtube coachs told me bulking is cope idk who to believe

• +1
Reactions: siliconvalleycel
i dont know all the sciences but youtube coachs told me bulking is cope idk who to believe
Usually when people say "bulking" they mean "dirty bulking" aka "force feed yourself a bajillion calories" and yeah that's stupid, just an excuse to pig out. Did it myself, gained muscle but the fat that came along with it stuck with me for ages until I started fasting and fixed the hormones.
In the end everyone is their own n=1, so people need to experiment on themselves. But if you want to gain muscle, I'd recommend watching progress in the gym and only increase food intake if you're not progressing (and you're keeping other stuff on point, mostly sleep and micronutrients). To put it in another day, why would you risk gaining extra fat eating more if you are progressing?
>I want to progress faster! Maybe eating more will accomplish that!
Maybe, but you should increase your progression template first (you are using a progression template right? Right?) and eat more if and only if you're failing to meet it. If you're eating more, failing to meet it and gaining weight, you're just getting fat, your progression is too aggressive and you should dial that down, along with the eating (duh).

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman and Deleted member 12303
Energy. If you consume alot of sugar + protein + carbs it's ideas for energy. Honey is also good

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12303
This thread is retarded. Bulking = higher insulin and higher amino acids level in blood = less protein breakdown and more protein synthesis = less muscle loss per day and more muscle gain per day. Also more calories = more glycogen in muscle = less muscle protein breakdown = more muscle gain.

But there's no advantage to bulking above 250kcal/day extra.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, Torero and Deleted member 12303
Usually when people say "bulking" they mean "dirty bulking" aka "force feed yourself a bajillion calories" and yeah that's stupid, just an excuse to pig out.
But there's no advantage to bulking above 250kcal/day extra.
This !
Proper way is to lean bulk having 250 to 300 kcal surplus no 2000 jfl

I keep hearing this but no scientific reason provided
insane bulk as in 1k calories + every day or more will get you slightly more muscle than a slight surplus like up to 500 calories, that's true and scientifically proven. it's still a dumb way of doing it unless you are on steroids. (even then I m not sure if it's better) the point is while you will get slightly more muscle it's pretty much insignificant and you haveto lose weight afterwards. you will most likely be fat afterwards and hop on a strict diet. there you will most likely lose the muscle you had extra. the point is in the end you will basicly end up the same but with a clean muscle building phase you will look good 24/7 , when insane bulking you look like shit most of the time. with a clean muscle building phase you will feel good and not like shit cuz eating 5k calories a day ain't fun. you wont have to hop on a diet which isn't fun either. so basicly you will havethe same results, while looking better most of the time and you wont hate food. I did a dirty bull once and it's the dumbest thing I ever did

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12303