Is this considered as a gummy smile? Does it mean I can get maxillary impaction

S

Slyfex8

Sphinx
IMG 20220219 014504

Average smile

IMG 20220219 014202

Very wide smile

Is this actually considered as a gummy smile? If so lifefuel for my soon to come CCW bimax tbh

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
No, judging by your normal smile.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ChristianChad, Slyfex8 and Deleted member 4054
No, judging by your normal smile.

I kind of lift up my face muscles a lot when I smile too, like my eyes would dissapear and my cheekbones would lift up like crazy

No

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
I kind of lift up my face muscles a lot when I smile too, like my eyes would dissapear and my cheekbones would lift up like crazy
Why do you want anterior impaction? iirc you already have a compact face. You don't want it to be any shorter or you will look like a low T punchable roblox player.

• +1
Why do you want anterior impaction? iirc you already have a compact face. You don't want it to be any shorter or you will look like a low T punchable roblox player.

I can guarantee my face only looks short on these partial pics when I smile, the whole neutral face is definitely a long, narrow face case with steep occlusal plane and skeletal class II

So let's say I need a CCW for a steep occlusal plane. Does it means anterior impact would not be possible at all and that any impaction would need to be done at anterior maxilla?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Nah, its good bro

• Hmm...
I don't understand the replies on this thread :/

Anyway you definitely need more forward growth and CCW

• +1
So let's say I need a CCW for a steep occlusal plane. Does it means anterior impact would not be possible at all and that any impaction would need to be done at anterior maxilla?
The majority would probably be via moving the pns down, but looking at all the various relationships with a ceph is needed to know for sure. How steep is your occlusal plane in degrees (if you know it), how much of a rotation do you need?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Slyfex8
Man those teeth are yellow. Yuck.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Toth's thot and Slyfex8
The majority would probably be via moving the pns down, but looking at all the various relationships with a ceph is needed to know for sure. How steep is your occlusal plane in degrees (if you know it), how much of a rotation do you need?

Haven't got any scans yet so it's hard to answer yet.

I plan to do an online consult with Ramieri when I will have the 15k needed for his trimax so we can move fast after that first online consult.

I am a skeletal class II but got camouflage orthodontics (rubber bands but no extractions) like 3 years ago. So my bite is currently class I.

My face currently looks convex and my gonial angle is definitely on the shorter side. I hope on my likely steep occlusal plane to get a CCW thus allowing more BSSO movement without advancing as much the maxilla. The idea would be to avoid a new 1 year or more of orthondontics to decompensate my bite basically...

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 4054
Haven't got any scans yet so it's hard to answer yet.

I plan to do an online consult with Ramieri when I will have the 15k needed for his trimax so we can move fast after that first online consult.

I was a skeletal class II but got camouflage orthodontics (rubber bands but no extractions) like 3 years ago. So my bite is actually class I.

My face currently looks convex and my gonial angle is definitely on the shorter side. I hope on my likely steep occlusal plane to get a CCW thus allowing more BSSO movement without advancing as much the maxilla. The idea would be to avoid a new 1 year or more of orthondontics to decompensate my bite basically...
Sounds doable as long as you need a substantial rotation

• +1