Is this good enough for homemade vit c serum?

Deleted member 2426

Deleted member 2426

Recipe:

2 tablespoon distilled water
1/2 tsp vit c l-absorbic acid powder
1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin

Is this legit or cope? Or do I need to add other things?

Probably better off shimbabady bampin

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2426
i make mine with pure aloe vera gel instead of glycerin because i prer a bit more "body".. glycerin makes it too watery

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2426
i make mine with pure aloe vera gel instead of glycerin because i prer a bit more "body".. glycerin makes it too watery
Should I add pure vitamin e oil to the recipe listed

vodka and ascorbic acid

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
What's wrong with common sparkling tablets?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962
As far as pure formula goes, it'll do. However, that is going to make far too much for one application and you can't really keep it for multiple applications (well, not and expect it to actually be effective, anyway) because of the degradation of the ascorbic acid even in an amber bottle. You've got ascorbic acid in an aqueous solution and constantly being exposed to oxygen. You might as well just throw your money away at that point. Just buy a product where the formulators have done the work for you.

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers, theanonymousone and Deleted member 2426
As far as pure formula goes, it'll do. However, that is going to make far too much for one application and you can't really keep it for multiple applications (well, not and expect it to actually be effective, anyway) because of the degradation of the ascorbic acid even in an amber bottle. You've got ascorbic acid in an aqueous solution and constantly being exposed to oxygen. You might as well just throw your money away at that point. Just buy a product where the formulators have done the work for you.
Sorry to necro this thread but I had to ask, can't you just cut all the measurements in half? So that's 1 tablespoon of water, 1/4 teaspoon of vitamin C powder, and 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin? Even if it's only enough for one application, the waste would be so little that you could pretty much just dump it after you're done and forget about it.

Also, I heard the range for collagen production with vitamin C serum is like between 10-20% concentration, does this formula fall within that range? Is there a specific type of powder I should be using (like fine powder or whatever)?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401

Recipe:

2 tablespoon distilled water
1/2 tsp vit c l-absorbic acid powder
1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin

Is this legit or cope? Or do I need to add other things?

Just buy it nigga.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and middayshowers
Sorry to necro this thread but I had to ask, can't you just cut all the measurements in half? So that's 1 tablespoon of water, 1/4 teaspoon of vitamin C powder, and 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin? Even if it's only enough for one application, the waste would be so little that you could pretty much just dump it after you're done and forget about it.

Also, I heard the range for collagen production with vitamin C serum is like between 10-20% concentration, does this formula fall within that range? Is there a specific type of powder I should be using (like fine powder or whatever)?
I mean, you could, but why would you? And the waste wouldn't be little- a tablespoon of water is 15mL, that's half the volume of your average serum. You could make a small batch and throw it out every week or so but why would you when you can buy one?
This formula works out to be about 1/16 vitamin C powder (or 6.25% w/v).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, theanonymousone and middayshowers
I mean, you could, but why would you? And the waste wouldn't be little- a tablespoon of water is 15mL, that's half the volume of your average serum. You could make a small batch and throw it out every week or so but why would you when you can buy one?
This formula works out to be about 1/16 vitamin C powder (or 6.25% w/v).

Isn't that too low of a concentration to affect collagen in the skin though? I heard that it has to be between like 10-20%?

• +1
Isn't that too low of a concentration to affect collagen in the skin though? I heard that it has to be between like 10-20%?
I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, sorry.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and theanonymousone
I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, sorry.

Ok thanks, I saw that on Reddit when I was looking up DIY recipes, I don't know

• +1