Is this gym routine good for me as a beginner?

stewiegriffin

stewiegriffin

Hold my dick mfs
Im about 6’5 180lbs for reference
Very narrow for my height

I want to have the triangle shape shoulders to waist ratio and put on some muscle

I’ll never be a guy that goes to gym twice a day and all that so im keeping it simple

Day 1: chest, Tris- benching, dumbbell press, pushups. Skullcrushers, overhead tri extensions, close grip bench/pushups

Day 2: shoulders, biceps, neck- overhead press, lateral/front raises, dumbbell shoulder press. Curls, etc etc I guess I don’t need to write this all out JFL

Day 3: mass amount of pullups, cardio

Then just repeat these days.

I feel like it only takes 45 mins a day to get through a good enough workout for a decent physique

Not good enough. You need to take bullshark testosterone

BullSharkTestosterone GTAV Ad

I feel like it only takes 45 mins a day to get through a good enough workout for a decent physique
Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

45 min is a fucking meme. it will take 70+ minutes

I feel like it doesn’t matter. Work out get really sore, than eat protein and a tiny excess calories. Boom your putting on muscle while staying lean

You get the best ROI with full body routines as a beginner

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19499, Deleted member 19896, Danish_Retard and 2 others

I want to have the triangle shape shoulders to waist ratio and put on some muscle

I’ll never be a guy that goes to gym twice a day and all that so im keeping it simple

Day 1: chest, Tris- benching, dumbbell press, pushups. Skullcrushers, overhead tri extensions, close grip bench/pushups

Day 2: shoulders, biceps, neck- overhead press, lateral/front raises, dumbbell shoulder press. Curls, etc etc I guess I don’t need to write this all out JFL

No legs? I'd at least get the newbie ass and leg gain then maintain. It's dead easy. Upper/lower split is so easy as a new lifter.

Just do something like
Upper 1: Pullups, Bench press, barbell row, Overhead press, cable fly, biceps curls, side laterals, triceps pushdowns and tricep rope pull over your head.

Lower: 1. Squat, deadlift, leg extension, leg curl.

Upper 2: Same or do some dumbell shit.

Lower: 1. Just do the same.

Or if you don't care about legs just do upper, lower upper.

Nah you Have no plan. Pure retardism

gtfo, chicken legs :blackpill::feelswhy::no:

You are not doing it properly at all, no workout should take only this if you are training hard enough.

Also include back and a couple of legs exercises, you don't need to be squatting all day but it is autistic to ignore it lol

You are not doing it properly at all, no workout should take only this if you are training hard enough.

Also include back and a couple of legs exercises, you don't need to be squatting all day but it is autistic to ignore it lol
At the beginner level you shouldn't waste time resting between sets according to professor Andy Galpin, and he gets paid hundreds of thousands for creating plans for professional athletes.

So assuming that's why ops workout is so short, wouldn't you be able to get a decent workout in ~1 hour? Assuming you don't really spend time on rest between sets.

tho tbh I notice OP doesn't have anything for legs so it probably doesn't apply to him.

• Hmm...
Reactions: randomvanish
At the beginner level you shouldn't waste time resting between sets according to professor Andy Galpin, and he gets paid hundreds of thousands for creating plans for professional athletes.

So assuming that's why ops workout is so short, wouldn't you be able to get a decent workout in ~1 hour? Assuming you don't really spend time on rest between sets.

tho tbh I notice OP doesn't have anything for legs so it probably doesn't apply to him.
Yes, but OP did not mention that he is supersetting. If he is then it is fine, but if not, you should be giving the muscles (especially in compounds) a big-time to rest, making a 45 min 2x a week workout too little (doing pullups and cardio doesn't count jfl)

Also, unless he trains at home, it is not the best idea to superset

Just do a beginner's routine and stop wasting your time applying your beginner non-knowledge to teh topic. There are plenty of coaches who write programs out there and they are smarter than you OP.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19896
Just do a beginner's routine and stop wasting your time applying your beginner non-knowledge to teh topic. There are plenty of coaches who write programs out there and they are smarter than you OP.
I was more stating how I’m not gonna be addicted to the gym. I want to put on a bit of weight in the right areas. Not looking to go crazy.

Full Body Workouts 3x Week Monday,Wednesday,Friday will do you better. You should be at least 210 lbs at your height.

Full Body Workouts 3x Week Monday,Wednesday,Friday will do you better. You should be at least 210 lbs at your height.
I think 200lbs would be a more realistic goal for me personally without looking chubby. I want to stay lean

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19499
I was more stating how I’m not gonna be addicted to the gym. I want to put on a bit of weight in the right areas. Not looking to go crazy.
Doesn't matter. If you want to go to the gym 2x a week, 3x, 4x, there are beginner routines for whatever.