Is this jaw growth device and exercises (Myofunctional Therapy) pseudoscience

Anchor_Ship

Anchor_Ship

Kraken
I was at this second opinion consult and these people are talking about gaining 4-5 mm of anterior movement
Asking me to Jut my jaw out saying that they can easily fix this problem with this device:feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh: acting like I’ve never done this and this still won’t put my chin in an ideal non recessed place.When I asked them about this they didn’t have an answer. Then they suggest facial exercises similar to physiotherapy. I tell them I don’t know if this is similar to mewing (they are talking about bad habits and tongue posture) they are saying my jaw is retruded because of bad posture when both of my parents are recessed as fuck. I dont believe mewing can bring a big enough change after the ages of 8 years old personally and they say it’s similar to mewing:feelsuhh::feelsuhh: I tell them I want over 8 mm of anterior movement and ask if they can accomplish this, to which they say no. They are very much against wisdom teeth extraction required for most jaw surgeries and think I’m a fool and say my jaw and pallate are very wide:lul: After the consult one of the desk employees try’s to get me to sign off on this stuff and the main doctor says we are still thinking and are not ready to make a decision. Then woman refers us to a surgeon that apparently doesn’t need extractions? After this consult my mom thinks I am too aggressive and that I’m not open to other options when she is the one with the bias against jaw surgery because she thinks titanium plates will poison me JFL. Ironic that even with this is woman recommending me this stuff she still thinks titanium won’t poison me. Last week I went to an orthondontist and surgeon and they recommended me a plan of (2 or 3premolar extractions with wisdom teeth extractions + BSSO+lefort 1 two piece and an optional genio) need your guys thoughts on this, will this benefit me?

Attachments

• 89AF4A58-C6A9-4DFD-9CA3-8BE8CA6B512D.jpeg
    89AF4A58-C6A9-4DFD-9CA3-8BE8CA6B512D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • D0375426-E8D2-4F47-B919-07ED465D233D.jpeg
    D0375426-E8D2-4F47-B919-07ED465D233D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 7C42E41A-8C96-4D91-B7C4-D7B8EDDE287F.jpeg
    7C42E41A-8C96-4D91-B7C4-D7B8EDDE287F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 65B0AF43-3C14-4A6E-8F37-0105441ADD6A.jpeg
    65B0AF43-3C14-4A6E-8F37-0105441ADD6A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Timelessbrah, Deleted member 11610 and 5 others
Pics

Attachments

• 32A860D6-9F6A-4C3F-B917-ECFE2D75F497.png
    32A860D6-9F6A-4C3F-B917-ECFE2D75F497.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 0
  • AF42E237-EA93-4606-9881-8A4908A01E8B.png
    AF42E237-EA93-4606-9881-8A4908A01E8B.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ballskin, Scammer, Deleted member 11610 and 1 other person
Tags @Gaia262 @ArvidGustavsson @Afrikancel @noprogressno @astatine @Timelessbrah @Birdcell @Ozil @curlyheadjames @FailedNormieManlet @herring @justinzayn @Korea @mulattomaxxer @Oberyn @thecel @Xangsane @Scammer @5ft1 @1kisuke106 @ifyouwannabemylover @larsanova69 @Blackgymmax @Preston @TheLordMadness @kjsbdfiusdf @WannabeJock @Xangsane @Kingkellz @SubhumanCurrycel @deadlock @Acromegaly_Chad @Prettyboy @Pendejo @the next o'pry @kota @LMSMaxxer @Erik-Jón @CursedOne

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Timelessbrah, Deleted member 11610 and 2 others
@valhalar @SixCRY @RealSurgerymax @randomvanish

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
I was at this second opinion consult and these people are talking about gaining 4-5 mm of anterior movement
Asking me to Jut my jaw out saying that they can easily fix this problem with this device:feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh: acting like I’ve never done this and this still won’t put my chin in an ideal non recessed place.When I asked them about this they didn’t have an answer. Then they suggest facial exercises similar to physiotherapy. I tell them I don’t know if this is similar to mewing (they are talking about bad habits and tongue posture) they are saying my jaw is retruded because of bad posture when both of my parents are recessed as fuck. I dont believe mewing can bring a big enough change after the ages of 8 years old personally and they say it’s similar to mewing:feelsuhh::feelsuhh: I tell them I want over 8 mm of anterior movement and ask if they can accomplish this, to which they say no. They are very much against wisdom teeth extraction required for most jaw surgeries and think I’m a fool and say my jaw and pallate are very wide:lul: After the consult one of the desk employees try’s to get me to sign off on this stuff and the main doctor says we are still thinking and are not ready to make a decision. Then woman refers us to a surgeon that apparently doesn’t need extractions? After this consult my mom thinks I am too aggressive and that I’m not open to other options when she is the one with the bias against jaw surgery because she thinks titanium plates will poison me JFL. Ironic that even with this is woman recommending me this stuff she still thinks titanium won’t poison me. Last week I went to an orthondontist and surgeon and they recommended me a plan of (2 or 3premolar extractions with wisdom teeth extractions + BSSO+lefort 1 two piece and an optional genio) need your guys thoughts on this, will this benefit me?

Looks like cope.

Surgery only tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834, Deleted member 17345 and Anchor_Ship
Depends what's your age bro if you are over the age of 15 it is most definitely cope as @Gaia262 stated. You'd be better off with surgery. There can also be a lot of functional benefit to surgery depending on your breathing, bite and etc so you gotta provide more details. You may even have bimax protrusion. Go to multiple surgeons and orthos to get an opinion if you can. But this myofunctional therapy thing will not do you much good if you are 15+.

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and Gaia262
All those appliances are tooth-borne and will only push your teeth outwards, no maxillary expansion will happen. Your jaw will not grow anything with these cope devices.

• +1
All those appliances are tooth-borne and will only push your teeth outwards, no maxillary expansion will happen. Your jaw will not grow anything with these cope devices.
This is exactly my problem. They are thinking that since my deepbite would be fixed with braces and these brackets that my jaw is going to remodel with tongue posture and tongue exercises. My mom thinks I’m bias towards surgery and that I didn’t go in with an open mind when I’m asking them how my maxilla is going to expand and move forward and allow my jaw to move forward as well. She looked puzzled and confused and said that she could only get around 4-5 mm of anterior movement and that it wouldn’t be able to get to 8 or more which I said was my goal and then she said if that was the case which she doubts then surgery would be a better option. I’m 19 btw
Depends what's your age bro if you are over the age of 15 it is most definitely cope as @Gaia262 stated. You'd be better off with surgery. There can also be a lot of functional benefit to surgery depending on your breathing, bite and etc so you gotta provide more details. You may even have bimax protrusion. Go to multiple surgeons and orthos to get an opinion if you can. But this myofunctional therapy thing will not do you much good if you are 15+.

Last edited:
This is exactly my problem. They are thinking that since my deepbite would be fixed with braces and these brackets that my jaw is going to remodel with tongue posture and tongue exercises. My mom thinks I’m bias towards surgery and that I didn’t go in with an open mind when I’m asking them how my maxilla is going to expand and move forward and allow my jaw to move forward as well. She looked puzzled and confused and said that she could only get around 4-5 mm of anterior movement and that it wouldn’t be able to get to 8 or more which I said was my goal and then she said if that was the case which she doubts then surgery would be a better option. I’m 19 btw
The appliances are going to wreck your alveolar bone.

• +1

Attachments

• 1AEBE90D-1167-4BB6-B16C-0471A072078A.png
    1AEBE90D-1167-4BB6-B16C-0471A072078A.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • So Sad
Reactions: Silver
just consult with https://www.youtube.com/c/JawHacks https://jawhacks.com/chats
He doesnt like agga

• +1
No clue but don't listen to your dad he sounds stupid

• +1
No clue but don't listen to your dad he sounds stupid
There is no way he can be this stupid. Deep down I’m sure everyone gaslighting me knows that I’m subhuman and that surgery would benefit me

Attachments

• 342E7593-5FAF-46E9-9C11-582845CAB482.png
    342E7593-5FAF-46E9-9C11-582845CAB482.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Deprived
time to go under knife

• +1
There is no way he can be this stupid. Deep down I’m sure everyone gaslighting me knows that I’m subhuman and that surgery would benefit me
appears cosmetic?
have u not revealed to your family you frequently post on a looks forum ?
are they against cosmetic surgery and are u lying to them so theyll cover it? tryna say its for health and shit
also these fucking devices are so gay these doctors arent aesthetic doctors xD
why are u paying for consults with these MCDoctors
go to a real fucking genio doctor or eppley nigga ik its hard to save for money but u can fucking do it bro just hang in there
im close too only 4500 away from getting a new nose

• JFL
Reactions: Jew_Supremacist and Anchor_Ship
appears cosmetic?
have u not revealed to your family you frequently post on a looks forum ?
are they against cosmetic surgery and are u lying to them so theyll cover it? tryna say its for health and shit
also these fucking devices are so gay these doctors arent aesthetic doctors xD
why are u paying for consults with these MCDoctors
go to a real fucking genio doctor or eppley nigga ik its hard to save for money but u can fucking do it bro just hang in there
im close too only 4500 away from getting a new nose
My mom knows I want a cosmetic result, my dad seems like he just does not care and thinks I’m insane. I’m not paying for this alternative doctor my mom is because she wants to avoid surgery at all costs. I’ll never go to Eppley btw.

My mom knows I want a cosmetic result, my dad seems like he just does not care and thinks I’m insane. I’m not paying for this alternative doctor my mom is because she wants to avoid surgery at all costs. I’ll never go to Eppley btw.
get the surgery its the only u way deep down u know its true

• +1

try it

• Woah
Reactions: ballskin
You are giga recessed mate. Should start saving for orthognatic surgery

• +1
You are giga recessed mate. Should start saving for orthognatic surgery
Yup that's the plan. I've already met with multiple surgeons I plan on making a decision after I consult with enough, hard part is paying for it

Myofunctional therapy = $$ down the drain

Go see Alfaro he is good with short faces