Is using antidepressants a looksmin? (19 years old)

AllesScheiße

AllesScheiße

NOT ACTIVE
Will it lower T and cause wrinkles?

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
Taking any form of medication is low T.

Just stick to beer and alcohol

• +1
Reactions: Zer0/∞
It's a looksmax if they reduce anxiety and inhibition.

It can affect growth slightly but at 19 you're done anyways most likely

Is it an SSRI? Stay away from them.

im on some and makes me more neutral im never really happy or sad but have probaly helped me get more girls

It's the last resort, do anything you can including therapy that actually works like CBT, before going down this rabbit hole

Alright, I found the thread.

Antidepressants, or SSRIs, work by increasing the amount of serotonin in the brain by blocking their reuptake by neurotransmitters. I had been prescribed 10 mg of Fluoxetine to treat my GAD, didn't do much so the dosage was bumped to 20 mg. But after finding this thread I stopped using the stuff immediately.

Bless @kjsbdfiusdf for making that unfathomably high IQ thread.

Last edited:
It can lead to weight gain. Personally my appetite increased like crazy.

I feel like I'm starving despite having eaten like an hour earlier. I can't even tell if they're even doing anything for my depression or it's just me reworking my life that's making me feel better.

If you have the choice I'd stay away. It's theorized that most of the effects are placebo anyway.

Why risk all of these side effects just for the small chance that you're one of the few who actually have a chemical imbalance instead of external forces making you depressed.