Is using minox and fin when you are NW0 useless?

Acne Victim

Acne Victim

lobotomy + monobloc patient
Title

Will it actually help me avoid getting bald?

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful
idk but im nw0 and im using it, my friend does aswell

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful and Acne Victim
I use 1.25mg Finasteride EOD and 1ml of oral castor oil ED(as a side-effect-free alternative to Minox).
I am NW0 with great hair density, and still use as a preventive measure.

It's commonly said that it's way easier to prevent hair loss than to reverse hair loss.
Depends on what you value more: DHT or hair safety?

• +1
Reactions: Acne Victim
If you're NW0 you only need to use fin and yes it will completely prevent balding

• +1
I use 1.25mg Finasteride EOD and 1ml of oral castor oil ED(as a side-effect-free alternative to Minox).
I am NW0 with great hair density, and still use as a preventive measure.

It's commonly said that it's way easier to prevent hair loss than to reverse hair loss.
Depends on what you value more: DHT or hair safety?
Hair safety tbh.

The only problem with blocking DHT seems to (literally) become less masculine but I don't think it is too much, won't talk much on this topic since I'm not knowledgeable on it.

I already have to shave 3-4x a week so fin could help with that.
If you're NW0 you only need to use fin and yes it will completely prevent balding
That's great, I'm 18 and not balding but my grandpa is bald and my older brother that is 22 is NW1.5 - so if I can at least keep my hair for longer, than it might be already worth it.

Hair safety tbh.

The only problem with blocking DHT seems to (literally) become less masculine but I don't think it is too much, won't talk much on this topic since I'm not knowledgeable on it.

I already have to shave 3-4x a week so fin could help with that.

That's great, I'm 18 and not balding but my grandpa is bald and my older brother that is 22 is NW1.5 - so if I can at least keep my hair for longer, than it might be already worth it.
I’m using minox on my eyebrows though, no results yet, but would fin mess up on that?

Title

Will it actually help me avoid getting bald?
Haircafe (who is basically the premier expert on hairloss) said the ONLY real cure we have for androgenic alopecia is taking finasteride BEFORE hairloss starts.

I'm paraphrasing him and I forgot which video but yeah, it does stop hairloss, in fact, it's the only way to basically "cure" androgenic alopecia, taking finasteride before it even starts.

• +1
Haircafe (who is basically the premier expert on hairloss) said the ONLY real cure we have for androgenic alopecia is taking finasteride BEFORE hairloss starts.

I'm paraphrasing him and I forgot which video but yeah, it does stop hairloss, in fact, it's the only way to basically "cure" androgenic alopecia, taking finasteride before it even starts.
i will be hopping on fin then, if i don’t get any of the side effects like ED after a few weeks then I should be good right?

• +1
i will be hopping on fin then, if i don’t get any of the side effects like ED after a few weeks then I should be good right?
You can basically mitigate the (already small) chance of getting sides by taking smaller doses, like 0.2 mg or 0.25 mg, these smaller doses still have MOST of the efficacy in combatting hair loss but a smaller chance of side effects (and remember that even at the 1mg dose the chance of side effects is less than 10%)

Watch this video if you have the time, he explains it, with studies to back it up

• +1
You can basically mitigate the (already small) chance of getting sides by taking smaller doses, like 0.2 mg or 0.25 mg, these smaller doses still have MOST of the efficacy in combatting hair loss but a smaller chance of side effects (and remember that even at the 1mg dose the chance of side effects is less than 10%)

Watch this video if you have the time, he explains it, with studies to back it up

I’m watching the video right now, thanks bro.

• Love it