It's over for mandiblecels (surgerycels GTFIH!!!)

kilgrave

kilgrave

Consultant
Though I work from home the majority of the time, wearing a facepuller for more than a few hours has proven problematic. First there was The Crane, then The Bow, and finally a modified variant I designed for sleeping. Despite a slight uptick in comfort with the last, I can't see myself wearing any of these with consistency - let alone years - with the hope of achieving a few mm's of growth. In my younger years, sure, but time is running out. Given my newfound propensity for fast-tracked results, I have begun inaugural research on surgical options.

The state of my profile is obvious (to me, anyway):
  • Recessed mandible (estimated 6 mm)
  • Possible low-hanging hyoid (I don't carry fat like this anywhere else on my body)
  • A resultant condition that veils my jawline (e.g. platysmal fat, double chin, etc)
For the above condition, I would like to begin with IMDO. Beyond that, my goals are as follows:
  • Advancement of the maxilla, as anterior and upward as needed to create the greatest aesthetic achievable for my base
  • Widening of the tracheal airway (aka I want insurance to cover this)
  • Alignment of the chin with the mandible and maxilla
My initial questions to you, dear looksmaxers:
  • Would I benefit from a specific cut (high lefort I, CCW rotation, whatever is meant by 'super bimax')?
  • Can someone like Coceancig perform DO on the maxilla as well, as opposed to a traditional Lefort?
  • Is Wolfe (Sinn's pupil) a viable go to for specialty cuts?
  • I have asthma. Will this legitimize the surgery for insurance purposes, or is failing a polysomnography (sleep study) the only way?
  • Anything else fucked up that I'm too biased to see?
My profile is attached. Many thanks for your time.

TLDR: I want to receive priority on account of my face. What can I do (surgically) to achieve this?

Attachments

• Looksmax.jpg
    Looksmax.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 176
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Darkstrand
Mewing bro

• JFL
Reactions: Chadeep, MentalistKebab, Mr.cope and 1 other person
What issues do you have with the facepuller?

Bimax?

• +1
Reactions: kilgrave
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: GigaMogger, Danish_Retard, kilgrave and 2 others
Ded srs mewing is legit for raising hyoid. It doesn't do shit for bones but for submental fat it works

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd, Danish_Retard, Warlow and 1 other person
  • Would I benefit from a specific cut (high lefort I, CCW rotation, whatever is meant by 'super bimax')?
  • Can someone like Coceancig perform DO on the maxilla as well, as opposed to a traditional Lefort?
  • I have asthma. Will this legitimize the surgery for insurance purposes, or is failing a polysomnography (sleep study) the only way?
-The higher the cut, the better the result. Anything lower or closer to the subspinale point is not worth having it.
-I don't know about them, but you can surely find a doctor in Russia that can perform a DO on you. The thing is, are you willing to get your skull and face drilled for the DO device to move forward your face?
-I don't know.
-You'll need midface implants after the bimax to compensate for the lack of forward growth on your upper maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab, kilgrave, PubertyMaxxer and 2 others
Though I work from home the majority of the time, wearing a facepuller for more than a few hours has proven problematic. First there was The Crane, then The Bow, and finally a modified variant I designed for sleeping. Despite a slight uptick in comfort with the last, I can't see myself wearing any of these with consistency - let alone years - with the hope of achieving a few mm's of growth. In my younger years, sure, but time is running out. Given my newfound propensity for fast-tracked results, I have begun inaugural research on surgical options.

The state of my profile is obvious (to me, anyway):
  • Recessed mandible (estimated 6 mm)
  • Possible low-hanging hyoid (I don't carry fat like this anywhere else on my body)
  • A resultant condition that veils my jawline (e.g. platysmal fat, double chin, etc)
For the above condition, I would like to begin with IMDO. Beyond that, my goals are as follows:
  • Advancement of the maxilla, as anterior and upward as needed to create the greatest aesthetic achievable for my base
  • Widening of the tracheal airway (aka I want insurance to cover this)
  • Alignment of the chin with the mandible and maxilla
My initial questions to you, dear looksmaxers:
My profile is attached. Many thanks for your time.

TLDR: I want to receive priority on account of my face. What can I do (surgically) to achieve this?

Forget IMDO, useless for the advancement you want to achieve.

We have the same chin whin labiomental fold, you have probably a 2° Class, so in my opinion the best option for you is decompensate the bite if you had a Braces for first.

Then you should do Bimax, with slightly ccw and genioplastic (this last one to give forward projection and move down the chin, and stretch the labiomental).

• +1
Reactions: kilgrave
What issues do you have with the facepuller?

Depends on which one. The Crane causes neck stiffness, and I can't sleep in it. The Bow is better with modification of the chest piece and head strap. Ultimately, it's hard to visualize extended wear for years unless living statically in a laboratory like those monkeys.

Definitely some variation of this, just trying to narrow down the options (cuts, DO, CCW, etc).

6 mm? Maybe you meant cm?

Measuring at 100% in Photoshop, the disparity between the upper and lower lip. Have the ruler set to mm. That's just to align the two, but imagine if moving the maxilla as well, then possibly cm? Honestly trying to determine the maximum forward growth needed without diminishing returns.
Ded srs mewing is legit for raising hyoid. It doesn't do shit for bones but for submental fat it works

Corrected tongue posture back in 2015 (posterior third flush w/ pallete), but not 'hard mewing', which tends to flex my platysma muscle. This hypertrophied state seems to create a bulging effect, which is just as bad as the fat. Other than that, I've seen no noticeable long-term changes yet.
Forget IMDO, useless for the advancement you want to achieve.

We have the same chin whin labiomental fold, you have probably a 2° Class, so in my opinion the best option for you is decompensate the bite if you had a Braces for first.

Then you should do Bimax, with slightly ccw and genioplastic (this last one to give forward projection and move down the chin, and stretch the labiomental).

Is there a limit to how far IMDO can advance the mandible? I was considering this route based on Coceancig's explanation; essentially the nerve is avoided altogether, so no chance of severing. Also, the skin has time to adjust with the bone since the growth is gradual (turning a key every day).

I am about 1/3 of the way through braces, so there's that. How would braces achieve decompensation?

Would CCW be strictly for decreasing the labiomental fold, or something else?
-The higher the cut, the better the result. Anything lower or closer to the subspinale point is not worth having it.
-I don't know about them, but you can surely find a doctor in Russia that can perform a DO on you. The thing is, are you willing to get your skull and face drilled for the DO device to move forward your face?
-I don't know.
-You'll need midface implants after the bimax to compensate for the lack of forward growth on your upper maxilla.

So if a Lefort II (or something other than a subspinale cut) were performed, could I avoid midface implants?

Last edited:
Just discovered Sinn isn't too far away, but am not willing to go with him based on convenience alone.
Sergio is in Madrid, for example, and I wouldn't hesitate depending on his dx of my x-ray/CT. A current contract has afforded most of the funding for this, hence my emergence from the shadows.

Has anyone here gone with Sinn?

It's cool, I'll still update with afters in spite of this discussion with myself.

For the facepulling, how did you make a modified device?
Great someone is putting some effort and not just dreaming of lf 3

With the bow, I had to purchase longer straps for the chest and head pieces to make it fit properly.

Also purchased a fencing chest protector and attached the original chest piece onto that. This guaranteed the chest piece would not move around, and the straps were tighter.

Aren't you too old for facepulling?

Sinn shops his before/afters. See another reputable maxfac.

• Woah
Reactions: MentalistKebab and Deleted member 3990
An undefined mandible is easily fixable with chewing. I'm not even memeing, chewing will make your ramus and overall mandible more defined but the cost is facial bloat.

Sinn shops his before/afters. See another reputable maxfac.

Where are you getting this from (or is this another psl "rumor" with no basis 🤔 ) ? He legitimately doesn't have any public before/afters and will only show in office.

Last edited:
Set up an Altar and pray to Mike Mew theory