• Middle third

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Backward third

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Foreverbrad

Foreverbrad

Eat Clen Tren Hard
Trying to figure out some anatomy and whether I've got a dental malocclusion that can spare me the joys of bimax.

Let's divide the jaw range of motion into thirds, where the thirds represent full jutted forward, full retracted backward, and a third between the two.

In your resting, closed bite position, into which third does your jaw position fall?

Trying to figure out some anatomy and whether I've got a dental malocclusion that can spare me the joys of bimax.

Let's divide the jaw range of motion into thirds, where the thirds represent full jutted forward, full retracted backward, and a third between the two.

In your resting, closed bite position, into which third does your jaw position fall?
between them.
measure your overbite and shiet. thats the important thing

between them.
measure your overbite and shiet. thats the important thing

Interesting. I have 4mm of horizontal overbite with my teeth closed, but my jaw is right at the back of it's range of motion and I can't retract it further, meanwhile I can jut it around 9mm forward for a 5mm under bite although it causes a posterior open bite.

Under the circumstances I'm thinking it might be possible to get those 4-5mm of jaw projection back through orthodontics... Worth consulting?

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
Interesting. I have 4mm of horizontal overbite with my teeth closed, but my jaw is right at the back of it's range of motion and I can't retract it further, meanwhile I can jut it around 9mm forward for a 5mm under bite although it causes a posterior open bite.

Under the circumstances I'm thinking it might be possible to get those 4-5mm of jaw projection back through orthodontics... Worth consulting?
i have a 6mm overbite and im getting bimax. could fix it with ortho perhaps but i wouldnt gain any looks improvement

i have a 6mm overbite and im getting bimax. could fix it with ortho perhaps but i wouldnt gain any looks improvement

If you have a 6mm overbite with closed bite in the middle of your jaw ROM then bimax does seem like the best option, your mandible is simply underdeveloped in that case.

Whereas in my case with 4mm overbite and my closed bite being right at the back of my jaw ROM it seems like it could potentially be that my malocclusion is forcing my mandible back from the ideal position and the issues are purely dental rather than skeletal.

I should probably get an x-ray from the dentist.

• +1
Only reason I want to do it through orthodontics is that it frees up money for a real mogger jaw implant lol

• +1