Jaw surgery needed? If not, what would ascend?

Moldovancel

Moldovancel

Every Day is a Chance

Already consulted with 3 surgeons here in France :
- One doesn't want to do surgery, says teeth aligners will be enough to fix my bite
- Other two say my case is borderline (maxilla slightly recessed) and that I could either get aligners or Lefort 1 advancement (with maybe some expansion) but it would basically have no effect on my face as it would be a 2/3 mm advancement. None of them talked about a bimax

So I'm not sure right now what surgeries would ascend me. If LF1 wouldn't help then maybe looking into implants (jaw angle, infraorbital?) and pinning my ears back would be a better investment? Feel like my face is a bit long and I could use some more width (fwhr is 1.75-1.77). (No, I'm not getting OBO)

Thought about booking a consultation with one of the blackpilled surgeons too just to see what they would say ?

What do you think? I've never done any hardmaxxing.

Last edited:
Occlusial plane is essentially perfect, as you have seen with your consultations no surgeon will really think its worth it for you to undergo a procedure to get a 5% improvement, if that.

I think you are on the right track with ears, jaw angle, and maybe infra, in that order.

photoshop morph (just ears)

Ear

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, boss8055, panfacemogger and 1 other person
Occlusial plane is essentially perfect, as you have seen with your consultations no surgeon will really think its worth it for you to undergo a procedure to get a 5% improvement, if that.

I think you are on the right track with ears, jaw angle, and maybe infra, in that order.

photoshop morph (just ears)

View attachment 2892670
Appreciate the morph man, thank you! It does look better indeed (I think? I'm just so used to seeing my face with my ears sticking out)

Right, I'm gonna focus on getting my teeth aligned and probably ears for now (just booked a consultation with my surgeon), then I'll look into implants.

Thanks for the feedback.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
U could just get paranasal implants to mimic a slight lf1 if you don't want to get bimax, could get them with infras at the same time

• +1
Reactions: Moldovancel
U could just get paranasal implants to mimic a slight lf1 if you don't want to get bimax, could get them with infras at the same time
You think a surgeon would be willing to do a bimax on me?
I'll look into the paranasal implants option, thanks.