John McDougall: Toxic Effects Of Vegetable And Fish Oils

Deleted member 6403

Deleted member 6403

Made It Out The Hood
Dr. John McDougall promotes a starch-based, that is plant-based, diet. In the following video, however, he acknowledges, as dictated in the medical literature, the toxic effects of vegetable oils and the immunosuppressive effects of fish oil. He explicitly states that vegetable oils act as stronger carcinogens compared to animal fats, and he claims that fish oils similarly encourage the proliferation of tumors.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Stallone and Replica
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Darwined, Toth's thot, AscendingHero and 3 others
is this from Raypeatforum lol?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
these niggas lack the proper context @kjsbdfiusdf

also this is probably the only way you can get these niggas to read ray peat is if you select readable shit and copy paste. :chad:

• +1
these niggas lack the proper context @kjsbdfiusdf

also this is probably the only way you can get these niggas to read ray peat is if you select readable shit and copy paste. :chad:
I myself don't fully understand "Peating". What are your thoughts on sucrose?

Why would I trust some random guy?

Eat fish instead of fish oil btw.

• +1
Reactions: Darwined, John124, AscendingHero and 3 others
Why would I trust some random guy?

Eat fish instead of fish oil btw.
Don't just trust him. Gather information from all sources and form your own opinion. This is just one of many sources where they mention the harmful effects of PUFA's.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero and Replica
Peating is just bioenergeticsmaxxing through anti-stress and pro-thyroid lifestyle.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, Dainslief, ChristianChad and 1 other person
Is sucrose a stressors?
It can be if you lack the cofactors that are needed for turning sugar into ATP. Sugar improves metabolic rate and as such increases your nutritional needs. In general sucrose counters stress hormones which is why people crave candy when they're stressed. The healthier you are the less sugar you need.

• +1
It can be if you lack the cofactors that are needed for turning sugar into ATP. Sugar improves metabolic rate and as such increases your nutritional needs
What are my nutritional needs?

seed oils are bad,

water

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
How would I know? Lol. By nutritional needs I'm referring to minerals and vitamins. Especially b-vitamins and the alkaline minerals are related to sugar metabolism.

• +1
Reactions: Stallone, Deleted member 6403 and ChristianChad
pro-metabolic. It is the most ideal form of Carbohydrate to my understanding. I think it goes like this: sugar > starch > insoluble fiber > soluble fiber
Sugar being Monosaccharide (glucose, fructose, galacose) and Disaccharide (sucrose, lactose).

Starch is controversial, but I think every traditional diet has some form of tubers or something similar, so I'd say it is somewhat okay. Well-cooked Jasmine Rice, potatoes, buckwheat are my choice. Nowadays I eat well-cooked Jasmine Rice which I think is the most digestible starch there is available commercially. Very low fiber.

I'd say some honey (33% glucose, 33% fructose 33% sucrose) is good. The problem with freely eating white cane sugar (pure sucrose), although somewhat okay and can make you very lean if the diet is devoid of PUFA (non-ideal long term, very good anti-stress food or if other options cause digestion problems), is that it can make you deficient in certain B Vitamins and Potassium (maybe some other thing, this is a bit simplified if I remember), as they are required for processing it. Honey, brown cane sugar (although I dislike it, may cause Histamine although idk) has those "co-factors", thus you will not get deficient.

Pomegranate juice, honey, white cane sugar, nectarines are good sources.

I don't know, these are my personal uses. Some other people on the forums have other applications, I eat it frequently though, I eat a good amount of cane sugar mixed with pomegranate juice when I travel, really fulfilling and great for the soul after hard work. It along with some oxtail soup, and a carrot as they are all liquid so to not mess up anything, the insoluble fiber will give the substance to your stools, so you don't have liquid sh*t :p also helps digestion. I store them in my thermos, some warm salty soup and cold sugary pomegranate juice is awesome and again really helps the psyche. Just some things. I don't take Rice with me as if Starch is cooked then cooled and heated again it will form Resistant Starch and maybe something else, this can cause Endotoxin and bad for digestion etc. I eat all my Starch right when I make it.

• +1
Reactions: Stallone and Deleted member 6403
pro-metabolic. It is the most ideal form of Carbohydrate to my understanding. I think it goes like this: sugar > starch > insoluble fiber > soluble fiber
Sugar being Monosaccharide (glucose, fructose, galacose) and Disaccharide (sucrose, lactose).

Starch is controversial, but I think every traditional diet has some form of tubers or something similar, so I'd say it is somewhat okay. Well-cooked Jasmine Rice, potatoes, buckwheat are my choice. Nowadays I eat well-cooked Jasmine Rice which I think is the most digestible starch there is available commercially. Very low fiber.

I'd say some honey (33% glucose, 33% fructose 33% sucrose) is good. The problem with freely eating white cane sugar (pure sucrose), although somewhat okay and can make you very lean if the diet is devoid of PUFA (non-ideal long term, very good anti-stress food or if other options cause digestion problems), is that it can make you deficient in certain B Vitamins and Potassium (maybe some other thing, this is a bit simplified if I remember), as they are required for processing it. Honey, brown cane sugar (although I dislike it, may cause Histamine although idk) has those "co-factors", thus you will not get deficient.

Pomegranate juice, honey, white cane sugar, nectarines are good sources.

I don't know, these are my personal uses. Some other people on the forums have other applications, I eat it frequently though, I eat a good amount of cane sugar mixed with pomegranate juice when I travel, really fulfilling and great for the soul after hard work. It along with some oxtail soup, and a carrot as they are all liquid so to not mess up anything, the insoluble fiber will give the substance to your stools, so you don't have liquid sh*t :p also helps digestion. I store them in my thermos, some warm salty soup and cold sugary pomegranate juice is awesome and again really helps the psyche. Just some things. I don't take Rice with me as if Starch is cooked then cooled and heated again it will form Resistant Starch and maybe something else, this can cause Endotoxin and bad for digestion etc. I eat all my Starch right when I make it.
I see. How many grams of sugar would you say you consume in a day?

Well eat good amount of Calcium each day to really tank your Prolactin and PTH. Eat good amount of Magnesium. Eat sufficient Potassium as to not mess up Sodium:potassium ratio. I eat salt everyday personally, some dislike it.
Take a simple good quality Bit Vit complex, maybe later you could look into fancy individual "activated" B Vits. You could probably get one from your local drugstore or some health shop unless you live in 3rd world country or 2nd world country in low population city.

3,000 cals a day minimum. M I N I M U M

The carrot salad is useful.

Etc.

Stop supplements for now.

I can give good sources for the minerals and how I get them personally

• +1
I see. How many grams of sugar would you say you consume in a day?
not sure tbh. I probably need to get my hands on honey soon, I just ran out. Ate a shit ton of it with tea / plain warm water everyday, never failed to help me in-general. Love real honey. Also the whiter it is the better and less allergenic it is.
I eat quite a good amount, nothing of the ordinary for Peat dieter though, just a good amount. I eat "feel based", I know how much I need in-regarding certain things

I eat plenty of OJ, Pome juice + cane sugar, ripe fruit, some other fruit juices. Used to drink milk (good source of Lactose) and honey
So that's a good amount of sugar
I eat starch though personally, really love Starch with soup, some Peaters have Starch free diets though. Sometimes sugar can't satiate my hunger for carbs

• +1
not sure tbh. I probably need to get my hands on honey soon, I just ran out. Ate a shit ton of it with tea / plain warm water everyday, never failed to help me in-general. Love real honey. Also the whiter it is the better and less allergenic it is.
I eat quite a good amount, nothing of the ordinary for Peat dieter though, just a good amount. I eat "feel based", I know how much I need in-regarding certain things

I eat plenty of OJ, Pome juice + cane sugar, ripe fruit, some other fruit juices. Used to drink milk (good source of Lactose) and honey
So that's a good amount of sugar
I eat starch though personally, really love Starch with soup, some Peaters have Starch free diets though. Sometimes sugar can't satiate my hunger for carbs
Sounds fairly simple. What are your thoughts on studies finding that sugar ages the skin?

• +1
Reactions: Julius
it's funny when people say sugar is the modern cause of all health problems when literally every people from every area has access to sugar accept some Eskimo (they have evolved differently genetically though by now), when the blame should be on PUFA, seed oils have never been eaten traditionally accept more saturated ones like Palm or Coconut or ones high in MUFA like Olive. Literally replace all the junk food with Coconut Oil keep the sugar and boom you get to eat all the junk food accept you solved the obesity epidemic

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423, LastHopeForNorman and Deleted member 6403
Sounds fairly simple. What are your thoughts on studies finding that sugar ages the skin?

If physiology is understood and the principle of bioenergy it's not worth much
I really can't remember but I came to a conclusion about this and I personally think meh.
Increase systematic health and your skin will not age prematurely. Maybe some supplements like Pregnanolone and other "youth" steroids, maybe some other stuff
People on RPF report much more youthful skin after peating though, as you would with increase in systematic health.

once again the context is people who eat shit pufa etc etc etc. so of course one would degenerate

I'm not the most educated person on this tbh and most of my knowledge is from the forums articles etc. search around the forum or ask there and youll get a good answer. Personally I think the study is worthless if taken outside the context of stress bioenergetics etc.

• +1
good metabolism would help get rid of AGE. I can't remember but I read a good amount of stuff on it and got to a conclusion that it's alright, so I forgot about it. I just dismiss stuff and go on, not retaining much information if it is not relevant.

Search on advanced glycation end products on the forums, I remember some info on it etc on there

If I remember non often light exercise can help it a bit. Can't remember other things. I personally think walking a decent amount everyday is good anyways

• +1
also AGE may be even more from Starch even lol. lots of politics in studies and fraud aswell. 50% of studies are quite literally worthless because of bad making or fraud

lol boom first results

as expected bad health / stress (FFA in blood) // low blood CO2 / low cellular respiration / low good metabolism means more AGE and less protection from it. If taken outside the proper context the study is worthless. increase health you'll have less tissue damage, if for this purpose sugar is used then it very much negates it, and alone even outside of good health I wouldn't know if sugar was bad regarding this issue

Last edited:
  • Woah
Ray peat doesn't know wtf he talking about I mean look at the guy he's aging pretty hard.

Caloric restriction, IF, protein restriction, low GI diets, high-PUFA diets, those are all proven to improve health in humans and a lot of them are proven to extend lifespan in animals(except the PUFAs).

Yes PUFAs are toxic compared to saturated fat, but only in healthy animals, when given to overweight people(modern people are overweight) they are beneficial because the metabolic benefits outweigh the other shit.

• +1
Just a bunch of retarded teenagers quoting websites and “experts” instead of citing the original peer reviewed paper along with the impact factor of the journal.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 6’1cel and goat2x
Just a bunch of retarded teenagers quoting websites and “experts” instead of citing the original peer reviewed paper along with the impact factor of the journal.
So elab

Ray peat doesn't know wtf he talking about I mean look at the guy he's aging pretty hard.

Caloric restriction, IF, protein restriction, low GI diets, high-PUFA diets, those are all proven to improve health in humans and a lot of them are proven to extend lifespan in animals(except the PUFAs).

Yes PUFAs are toxic compared to saturated fat, but only in healthy animals, when given to overweight people(modern people are overweight) they are beneficial because the metabolic benefits outweigh the other shit.
I'm not overweight though

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4430 and 6’1cel
You have the audacity to ask me to elaborate on your shit when you have failed to provide the original paper along with the impact factor of the journal? The burden of proof is on you. If I was your employer I would have fired you on the spot
You're racist as shit. What are your thoughts on PUFA's

• JFL
Reactions: 6’1cel and goat2x
T
You're racist as shit. What are your thoughts on PUFA'
Wait how am I racist?! Excessive saturated fat intake and or dietary cholesterol increases LDL-c and ApoB. Both cause atheroscelorosis, and it starts at a very young age. Most Americans have LDL>120. Pretty sad. MUFAs and fiber are extremely important for CV health. Diet is a zero sum game

• +1
T

Wait how am I racist?! Excessive saturated fat intake and or dietary cholesterol increases LDL-c and ApoB. Both cause atheroscelorosis, and it starts at a very young age. Most Americans have LDL>120. Pretty sad. MUFAs and fiber are extremely important for CV health. Diet is a zero sum game
So to sum it up. SF's = bad MSF's = good?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: goat2x, lutte and Deleted member 6403
Well if you don’t wanna die from the number one killer in the US, yes
What's Ray Peats agenda then? Why is he spreading misinformation?

I
What's Ray Peats agenda then? Why is he spreading misinformation?
I am a professional scientist. You have an extremely warped view of how science works. Pretty sad because this make you a victim to hear say. Do you think I am gonna sit here and criticize the agenda of some random dude. Give me peer reviewed data and we ll start from there. Till then your posts mean absolutely nothing. Literally zero, you might as well delete the entire thread

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: hairyballscel, goat2x and Deleted member 6403
I

I am a professional scientist. You have an extremely warped view of how science works. Pretty sad because this make you a victim to hear say. Do you think I am gonna sit here and criticize the agenda of some random dude. Give me peer reviewed data and we ll start from there. Till then your posts mean absolutely nothing. Literally zero, you might as well delete the entire thread
Exactly, I was asking for your opinion, I know your well educated. So what do you think Ray Peat's agenda is?

I

This is what's interpreted from him.

This is what's interpreted from him.
View attachment 1170531
You failed again. I don’t care about some pretty pictures. If you were in a science environment you would have lost your job if you had provided this as evidence. You haven’t provided a single peer reviewed publication. Pretty impressive honestly.

• JFL
Reactions: hairyballscel
You failed again. I don’t care about some pretty pictures. If you were in a science environment you would have lost your job if you had provided this as evidence. You haven’t provided a single peer reviewed publication. Pretty impressive honestly.
You haven't answered my question, what do you think about Ray Peat? Is he a charlatan?

I

you are a professional armchair sitter

Ray peat doesn't know wtf he talking about I mean look at the guy he's aging pretty hard
He is 85 years old, he was born in 1936. He is still extremely mentally sound and has been active for many years
They will not improve systematic health and are detrimental. I want to redpill you but you will have to it yourself brah

His site has easy to read texts. If you are interested visit the forum. I just want to say I feel immensely better since starting eating habits recommended and following and outline of dietary philosophies by him and my outlook on life has changed for the positive. I feel literally so much better. I do this and my Test improves. My Thyroid levels improvs. My health improves. Eating low GL, low protein, calorie restriction is not good. The mechanism of most of them is restriction of dietary anti-metabolic and harmful things; such as the amino-acids Methionine, Tryptophan and Cystine. In-fact Methinone restriction has been found to be literally the main mechanism of calorie restriction and protein restriction. That's why Ray Peat has things to address this, such as eating Gelatin (Gelatin being simply cooked Collagen) from Gelatinous cuts of meat such as Oxtail, beef front and back calve muscle, beef rib; as those have a lot of connective tissue (Collagen). Also eating connective tissue that connects muscle to bone. Traditionally and animal has been eaten nose to tail; this includes organs, ligaments, tendons and hard cuts of meat.
So why am I talking about eating Gelatin (cooked Collagen)? Gelatin has a unique Amino-Acid profile, it is devoid of Tryptophan and very low in Methionine and Cystine. It has an Amino-Acid named Glycine, which is very therapeutic Androgenic anti-Estrogen and Anabolic. It also blocks Tryptophan Serotogenic pathways and hampers Methionine and Cystine absorption and pathways. It is eaten in traditional diets but devoid in Western diets. https://raypeatforum.com/community/...nsion-by-dietary-methionine-restriction.5538/ only tender muscle meat is eaten in Western diet or aged low quality ground meat which does have some other parts but is low quality. Just an example.

T

More important than saturated fat itself is the metabolic context in which saturated fat is consumed. Whereas a metabolically healthy person will not suffer from negative consequences from moderate amounts of saturated fat, a hypothyroid person will. Even carnivores begin to get atherosclerosis from fat if their thyroid is taken out. Atherosclerosis in general is a metabolic disease rather than a dietary effect. Failure to realize this has been one of the greater mistakes of pop-science in the last 100 years.

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and ChristianChad
T

I eat low MUFA, low fiber and I have good health. Am I an enigma?

lol what fish oil bad? it's supposed to be a god tier supplement. plant based diet? watchn't :Comfy:

More important than saturated fat itself is the metabolic context in which saturated fat is consumed. Whereas a metabolically healthy person will not suffer from negative consequences from moderate amounts of saturated fat, a hypothyroid person will. Even carnivores begin to get atherosclerosis from fat if their thyroid is taken out. Atherosclerosis in general is a metabolic disease rather than a dietary effect. Failure to realize this has been one of the greater mistakes of pop-science in the last 100 years.
holy fuck is betamanlet the best poster on me? literally every post is 200 IQ while here I am with my dogshit spam :feelsuhh:

holy fuck is betamanlet the best poster on me? literally every post is 200 IQ while here I am with my dogshit spam :feelsuhh:
visit raypeatforum and you'll get literally the smartest niggas on the internet. Some threads on there are so high quality its unbelievable. If you want I can find some good ones or examples. There high iq posters there

• +1
Reactions: Stallone and PURE ARYAN GENETICS