Just out of my revision genioplasty

malicieusss

malicieusss

Mouthbreathing ruins faces.
Brutal. Recovery is on par with bimax. Pain is higher. Discomfort slightly less. Swelling higher.

13.5 mm genio revision and partial resection of lower border of the mandible.

We will resect the remaining bulge in the next surgery when installing the mandibular angle implants.

hope i'm done with surgeries soon, it takes a toll on the body fr.

im swollen af. Will post pic in a month.

• +1
  • Love it
  • So Sad
Reactions: Allornothing, BongMog, lasnt and 10 others
Brutal. Recovery is on par with bimax. Pain is higher. Discomfort slightly less. Swelling higher.

We will resect the remaining bulge in the next surgery when installing the mandibular angle implants.

hope i'm done with surgeries soon, it takes a toll on the body fr.

im swollen af. Will post pic in a month.

SQUISHY SQUISHY

Nice. What else have u done.

Nice. What else have u done.
Only that for now, one step at a time.

My implants are coming in a couple of months. My lower mandibular plates caused some artefacts in my scans that are making the designs complicated / slightly unpredictable with a possibility that they dont fit 100% so i'll take them out before the new designs.

The resection (shaving) of the lower border bone is brutal pain / discomfort wise. Enough for now

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
this is exactly what i need but i dont think ill ever get surgery

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx and normie_joe
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: the next o'pry, jflsnowdzz, malicieusss and 1 other person
not worth the risk

Bro that shit is hyper over exaggerated lmao.

I'm on braces atm for bimax + genio next year.

Extinguishing the mental strain from having a subhuman jaw > extremely minor risk of permanent retardation.

If your ass is content tho, your call.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21048, VenatorLuparius, Deleted member 1901 and 6 others
  • JFL
Reactions: HerpDerpson

Extinguishing the mental strain from having a subhuman jaw > extremely minor risk of permanent retardation.

good luck for your bimax man. yeah its about measuring the reward and for me i dont think its worth the risk

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe and malicieusss

Im on my fourth surgery in 2 years, I don't feel retarded yet, we'll see by the end of this year

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20631 and forevermirin
@Jacob Hate

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16220
You are insanely downward grown more than surgery can correct for. You could get a 15mm jaw implant but the risk for masseter dishenance is extremely high because your gonial angle is almost fucking vertical. I recommend just accepting it in this scenario.

Your jawline must look so fucking strange where it's just flat then goes straight up

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Allornothing and VenatorLuparius
Who is the butcher that did this revision ?

No fucking way that this will be sustainable.

He didn't slide you chin he literally fixed it to the border of your lower teeth. The motherfucker even shaved the lower part of your mandible.

No way that bone suturation will fill such space.

Last edited:

He didn't slide you chin he literally fixed it to the border of your lower teeth. The motherfucker even shaved the lower part of your mandible.

The result is insanely good tho at least for now :)

You are insanely downward grown more than surgery can correct for. You could get a 15mm jaw implant but the risk for masseter dishenance is extremely high because your gonial angle is almost fucking vertical. I recommend just accepting it in this scenario.

Your jawline must look so fucking strange where it's just flat then goes straight up
No it doesn't look that bad bro, I made progress. We used to talk a lot on discord hence why I tagged you. You forgot about me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16220
Wow. 13.5mm is the biggest genio movement I've seen. Would like to see photos (PM me if that's OK). Are you willing to share the surgeon's name?

• +1
Reactions: malicieusss

What would you have recommended instead?
I thought genio was a easy surgery so surgeon doesn’t matter as much?

You are quick to judge.

This surgeon did phenomenal and I can't wait to post pictures to prove you wrong.

He fixed the chin with two very long screws and he resected (shaved) part of the lower border to make my jawline straighter which was needed if you had seen pics of me before.

He also did a bine graft on one side of the chin to fix an assymmetry with some bones he took away from my lower border. This is genius.

The chin advancement here was 13.5mm.

The best things besides aesthetics are the fact that I now seal my lips when my face is relaxed.

Even better is that I now breath sooo much better. It's night and day.

My hyoid bone got stretched massively from that movement and it makes every breath feel so good I am not kidding.

Genioplasty definitely is FUNCTIONAL :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-10-06-43-30-94_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-10-06-43-30-94_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 0
Wow. 13.5mm is the biggest genio movement I've seen. Would like to see photos (PM me if that's OK). Are you willing to share the surgeon's name?
Dm me brother, I will send you pictures in a week + surgeon. Always happy to help.

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension
What would you have recommended instead?
I thought genio was a easy surgery so surgeon doesn’t matter as much?
Mine was difficult and he did phenomenal. This guy is literally hating on me for no reasons.

Can you describe the pain? Throbbing, sharp, constant, periodic. Worse at night? Localized etc.

Can you describe the pain? Throbbing, sharp, constant, periodic. Worse at night? Localized etc.
Yesterday it was pretty bad from lack of sleep mainly.

Today, I just woke up from a pretty good night of sleep. I feel refreshed, no headache, almost no pain in the chin.

Lower lip sensitivity is here and chin sensitivity as well, only slightly less. Surgeon took great care of not damaging the nerves, the surgery took 3 hours along with the bone shaving but it was one of his priority not to get me nerves damage and it went well in that regard.

I'm still quite swollen but it's only day 2 post op.

I breathe infinitely better. Night and day difference.

I eat soft foods, eggs and fish. Recovery won't be bad tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension
My hyoid bone got stretched massively from that movement and it makes every breath feel so good I am not kidding.

Genioplasty definitely is FUNCTIONAL :)
Eppley wrote an article about this:

No it doesn't look that bad bro, I made progress. We used to talk a lot on discord hence why I tagged you. You forgot about me.

Didn't forget about you at all. You made progress I mean this in a constructive manner although your movements were not ideal now that I've seen the actual scan.

• +1
Reactions: malicieusss