Just raged about my gonial angle after seeing a bad pic of me

DoctorLooksmax

DoctorLooksmax

IPDcel
Why did I have to be born with such a shit gonial angle 😢😢😢😢, I have most of the other bones needed to be GL but my mandible - arguable the most important has let me down big time

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Erik-Jón and Deleted member 17829
What? I thought u were a fellow 100 degree gonial angle mogger

What? I thought u were a fellow 100 degree gonial angle mogger
I have 100 degree gonial angle yes.

Its an awful trait JFL

you need 115-130.

very high gonial angle just as bad my boss at work has like a 155 degree gonial angle and his whole face just goes straight down it looks like me doesnt even have a ramus just a flat sunken face

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, Deleted member 1851, Deleted member 20327 and 3 others

Its an awful trait JFL

you need 115-130.

very high gonial angle just as bad my boss at work has like a 155 degree gonial angle and his whole face just goes straight down it looks like me doesnt even have a ramus just a flat sunken face
Is your's like this.

Mine is like this and it look amazing tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18244
Well how does yours look like?

I think ur problem is the recessed mandible not the gonial angle.
I mean it is barely reccessed thats why I said reccessed compared to him, my chin is still just in front of nasion

Attachments

• BEA28B9F-0D08-43C4-93CA-FEA8CAC7F983_1_201_a.jpeg
    BEA28B9F-0D08-43C4-93CA-FEA8CAC7F983_1_201_a.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: Moggie, Deprived, Deleted member 16058 and 2 others
Youd need a scan / speak to ortho or maxfac to know for sure but I think youve got a reccessed maxilla tbh

best and worst features?

At a glance- hes got a convex nose and a reccessed maxilla-

cant judge eye area prpeorly from side profile, but eyebrows look good and strong browridge

strong chin as well

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16058
I mean it is barely reccessed thats why I said reccessed compared to him, my chin is still just in front of nasion
Do your bimax and stop overthinking it. Easy to say tho. I wish i had big flaws needing bimax instead of subbtle flaws that are hard to fix with little ascension possible.

Thats literally an Ideal angle lol- he doesnt look good though but not cos of his gonial angle
Bad angle of the picture taken. He should haven taken a picture from a better angle.

Ur gonial angle is good wtf r u talking about?

so in the optimal range of most people :lul:
Optimal is between 100-110. But urs not bad. But u have other problems

• +1
I
Do your bimax and stop overthinking it. Easy to say tho. I wish i had big flaws needing bimax instead of subbtle flaws that are hard to fix with little ascension possible.
Im getting rhino first I think- got a consult in 3 weeks time where the surgeon is doing a morph for me- ill share the morph with you and another PSLers after the consult and you can advise if its worth going thrrough or not

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
Bad angle of the picture taken. He should haven taken a picture from a better angle.

i agree the picture could have been better.

I

Im getting rhino first I think- got a consult in 3 weeks time where the surgeon is doing a morph for me- ill share the morph with you and another PSLers after the consult and you can advise if its worth going thrrough or not
Sure. I know decently well about nose jobs.
But if i was you i would get bimax then rhino because bimax alter the shape of the nose or the nose overall.

Sure. I know decently well about nose jobs.
But if i was you i would get bimax then rhino because bimax alter the shape of the nose or the nose overall.
I do agree in an ideal world its better to do jaw surgery first

But also bare in mind that ramieri did not reccomend me a bimax - he reccomended me BSSO and vertical genio only with no lefort 1 movement

Also for practical/life circumstance reasons I have to wait about 18 mor months until I can realistically do a bimax and I dotn wanna not fix other failos in the mean time you get me.

My other big failo is my IPD which isnt really fixable unfortuantely but there was a really good thread where someone showed how a more defined nasal bridge made wide IPD look less bad and reduced perceived IPD.

Also if i narrow the bridge, lefort 1 (if i do have leforft 1 movement) should onyl effect the lower partt of the nose not the nasal bridge

• +1
@DoctorLooksmax is it true that browridge is one of the last bones to stop growing in your face?

Its not bro youre a coping short face-cel

110 is probably fine if youve got a decent ramus- 110 would suit my face quite well I image cos ive got a good ramus, even like 106-108 would probably be okay with my ramus

100 is awful though

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17872
I do agree in an ideal world its better to do jaw surgery first

But also bare in mind that ramieri did not reccomend me a bimax - he reccomended me BSSO and vertical genio only with no lefort 1 movement

Also for practical/life circumstance reasons I have to wait about 18 mor months until I can realistically do a bimax and I dotn wanna not fix other failos in the mean time you get me.

My other big failo is my IPD which isnt really fixable unfortuantely but there was a really good thread where someone showed how a more defined nasal bridge made wide IPD look less bad and reduced perceived IPD.

Also if i narrow the bridge, lefort 1 (if i do have leforft 1 movement) should onyl effect the lower partt of the nose not the nasal bridge
Yes i feel you. Go for it.
And ask for subbtle nasal bridge refinement, that will it stays masc on the side and due to the cutting, the nasal bridge will look thicker and ipd better. Grow eyebrows too by all means to fraud ipd.
Regarding ipd/midface, a tall chin helps too

Why did I have to be born with such a shit gonial angle 😢😢😢😢, I have most of the other bones needed to be GL but my mandible - arguable the most important has let me down big time
autism

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 16058

Its an awful trait JFL

you need 115-130.

100 degrees is normie, i don't see the issue

• JFL
Yes i feel you. Go for it.
And ask for subbtle nasal bridge refinement, that will it stays masc on the side and due to the cutting, the nasal bridge will look thicker and ipd better. Grow eyebrows too by all means to fraud ipd.
Regarding ipd/midface, a tall chin helps too
Yes tbf this is lifefuel for me to read and I agree because as you can see all my main failos actually go together

Like my IPD, Nasal width and short chin are all working against eachohter- If I even fix one of them it makes the others look less bad and improves my overall harmony.

Im minoxing my brows atm but it has only really made them thciker not horizontally longer- I think you need eyebrow transplant for that

i read on real self that eyebrow transplant results tend to be shit cos they use head hair which doesnt match the consistenty of eyebrow hair which is why i decided against that surgery myself

• +1
bro reply on discord

Yours is similar to mine, cuz short chin. I’m gonna get 2mm of vertical height from my implant though which should fix it

Its not bro youre a coping short face-cel
No. U r just projecting. By ur definition Cavill has a short face.
110 is probably fine if youve got a decent ramus- 110 would suit my face quite well I image cos ive got a good ramus, even like 106-108 would probably be okay with my ramus

100 is awful though
Ur problrm is your chin height not jaw.

• +1

Is it true that browridge is one of the last bones to stop growing in your face?

• Woah
Yes tbf this is lifefuel for me to read and I agree because as you can see all my main failos actually go together

Like my IPD, Nasal width and short chin are all working against eachohter- If I even fix one of them it makes the others look less bad and improves my overall harmony.

Im minoxing my brows atm but it has only really made them thciker not horizontally longer- I think you need eyebrow transplant for that

i read on real self that eyebrow transplant results tend to be shit cos they use head hair which doesnt match the consistenty of eyebrow hair which is why i decided against that surgery myself
Honestly your case is luckily an easy fix.
There must be some fraud available to grow eyebrows tbh.

Eh?

Chin height is a result of a low gonial angle bro -

I have consulted maxfacs and they said my problems is jaw deep rather than chin, they reccomended CW rotation

CW rot ration of the mandible will give me a taller chin

Don't know

Would make sense as it's evolutionary function is:

Evidence suggests brow ridges function to protect the eyes and orbital bones during hand-to-hand combat, given that they are an incredibly dimorphic trait.

But then Eppley says:

Their growth should be consistent with that of the skull which is usually complete no later than age 18. Prominent brow bone often do not become apparent until after puberty for many young males and they seemingly ‘grow’ up until the late teenage years.

• +1
Eh?

Chin height is a result of a low gonial angle bro -
Nah Maher has a huge chin and extremely low gonial angle.

I have consulted maxfacs and they said my problems is jaw deep rather than chin, they reccomended CW rotation

CW rot ration of the mandible will give me a taller chin
They are scamming u

Yours is similar to mine, cuz short chin. I’m gonna get 2mm of vertical height from my implant though which should fix it
2mm? thats fuck all bro tbh not gonna make a difference irl

Also @David Rothschild plight of dolichocephalics:

Whereas male models:

• JFL
2mm? thats fuck all bro tbh not gonna make a difference irl
It will, maybe I’m underestimating the height of the implant but I’m getting some vertical height to say the least

Bceause he has a gigantic ramus- like one of the tallest ramus I ever seen

You can get away with lower gonial angles if and only if you have tall ramus
What do u think his ramus height is?

Mine is around 85mm

What do u think his ramus height is?

Mine is around 85mm
Thats good- if you look decent with a low gonial angle, it probbaly means you have a tall ramus- My ramus is close to 9cm.

Tyler has honestly one of the tallest ramus I ever seen, baring in mind hes 6'4 his ramus is probably over 10cm

• +1
It will, maybe I’m underestimating the height of the implant but I’m getting some vertical height to say the least
Okay well good luck and hope you ascned but from the before and afters ive seen genio almost always produces nicer results than implant imo

but good luck and tbf even 2mm is better than nothing and in your case maybe itll make a differnce everyone is different

• +1
Reactions: Deprived
Okay well good luck and hope you ascned but from the before and afters ive seen genio almost always produces nicer results than implant imo

but good luck and tbf even 2mm is better than nothing and in your case maybe itll make a differnce everyone is different
Yeah I thought long and hard abt genio tbh. But because of the way my chin is angled and how I don’t have much recession compared to the avg genio patient, it makes me a good candidate for chin implant instead. Genio would give me better results but it’s more expensive and it’s harder to find a surgeon that’s willing to increase lower third height with it for some reason.

Kind of serving as a gineau pig for this forum since people often say chin implants don’t give good results or causes bone erosion. But I’ve contacted many of the people from the surgeons I’m considering and they report nothing bad even after 5 years.