LASIK eye surgery in 1 week

Timelessbrah

Timelessbrah

Kraken
What's up guys. I've been wearing glasses since I was 4 yo or something similar. I always look like a disgusting nerd and it ruins my whole appearance in general. I'm no chad so I can't have glasses and not being judged. Next week I'll have LASIK to correct my vision once and for all.
My surgery is covered by insurance because my mother is a state employee (fuck yeah national health care) and therefore the initial 1000 euros/eye price will be 200 euros/and eye and 20 euros for external material like anesthesia.

One step closer to ascension.

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab, EverythingMaxxer, lutte and 7 others
ok

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Hipcel and Lev Peshkov
Good to hear unironically

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov and Timelessbrah
I want to have it as well. How old are you and what do you suffer from?

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
  • +1
Reactions: EverythingMaxxer, Golgo13 and Deleted member 7753
My mother had it last week. It took them 6 minutes to fix it completely.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926
Fix those failos and then get yourself some halos

• Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6723 and Timelessbrah
Good luck, I want to do it myself but lasik is not an option due to strong prescription and thin corneas, also too scared of possible side effects.

How bad is your eyesight now?

My mother had it last week. It took them 6 minutes to fix it completely.

Yeah they also told me it would be under a few minutes and that's all.

Good luck, I want to do it myself but lasik is not an option due to strong prescription and thin corneas, also too scared of possible side effects.

How bad is your eyesight now?

Like 2.75 for one eye and 2.5 for the other.
Your vision must stabilize first and then you go to a professional for evaluation to see if your cornea is appropriate for this. Have you went through this?

Have you looked into ICLs? Definitely a better option if possible.

Like 2.75 for one eye and 2.5 for the other.
Your vision must stabilize first and then you go to a professional for evaluation to see if your cornea is appropriate for this. Have you went through this?

yea I'm only a candidate for prk which takes long time to heal and can be very painful and even then they said I might still need glasses cuz my prescription is high

• +1
Reactions: Golgo13
Have you tried EndMyopia?

Your vision isn’t very bad at all. Mine is twice as bad. I would recommend it before looking into it before the surgery. Hopefully the surgery goes well and your not stuck with any of the side effects.

I've just experimented with it, but I don't believe this crap of reducing this. I've had this since when I was 3-4 yo and trust me it has nothing to do with environment, my parents didn't even had a computer back than, let alone me being fixated on it for hours.

Have you looked into ICLs? Definitely a better option if possible.

Thanks for pointing out that surgery, I didn't even knew it existed. I've never heard of that in my country and they said the LASIK is pretty safe.

yea I'm only a candidate for prk which takes long time to heal and can be very painful and even then they said I might still need glasses cuz my prescription is high

Feels bad and with my diopters I already see bad when I look afar (sorry the correct term is hyperopia).

Thanks for pointing out that surgery, I didn't even knew it existed. I've never heard of that in my country and they said the LASIK is pretty safe.

Yeah Lasik is safe in around 95% of cases and debilitating if you're unlucky (light halos, dryness etc).
If you have the slightest contraindication (eyes prone to dryness, thin cornea, slight keratoconus) it's better to stick to glasses and contacts.

• +1
Yeah Lasik is safe in around 95% of cases and debilitating if you're unlucky (light halos, dryness etc).
If you have the slightest contraindication (eyes prone to dryness, thin cornea, slight keratoconus) it's better to stick to glasses and contacts.

Gladly I'm not proned to any of that, and yes, the doctor said that the worst case scenario will just be a correction 3 months later, hope it goes well.

• +1
Reactions: Golgo13 and NorwoodStyle
What s up, what happened boyo all went good?

relex smile for me, hopefully, soon.

what are your eyes dioptres?

What s up, what happened boyo all went good?
Yes! The doctor said I have 20/20 vision 2 months after my surgery and I'm happy af I don't like a nerd no more. Looking back at my pictures with glasses and now without glasses, I must say, even though I'm no Chad, I do look way better without glasses.

• Love it
Before my surgery they were 2.75 and 3. Now it's pretty much close to zero.
so you're close to zero but they can still corect it? mine is -0.75 and they said it's too little of a diopter to be corrected

so you're close to zero but they can still corect it? mine is -0.75 and they said it's too little of a diopter to be corrected
YUeah, it's probably not even worth it. I had to use glasses because I couldn't really see anything a few meters ahead. You probably see now way better than what I did while I used glasses.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5081
It changed my life for better in every way, I had -1.50 both eyes and now I see perfect like I used to, go for it man!
It lasts around 10 mins and immediately after you see better just like you are looking through water, but that lasts only for a day or two

• Love it
Yes! The doctor said I have 20/20 vision 2 months after my surgery and I'm happy af I don't like a nerd no more. Looking back at my pictures with glasses and now without glasses, I must say, even though I'm no Chad, I do look way better without glasses.
Damn this just motivated me to get an appointment

It changed my life for better in every way, I had -1.50 both eyes and now I see perfect like I used to, go for it man!
It lasts around 10 mins and immediately after you see better just like you are looking through water, but that lasts only for a day or two
It didn't even lasted that long, a few hours and my vision was already perfect.

I recommend PRK. It has a longer recovery time (it took me 2,5 months after surgery to reach perfect vision) but it doesn't leave you with a flap in the cornea which was the deciding factor for me.

I recommend PRK. It has a longer recovery time (it took me 2,5 months after surgery to reach perfect vision) but it doesn't leave you with a flap in the cornea which was the deciding factor for me.
I've researched it on the net and there's definitely a minute change that the corneal flap might get out of a place. It's just a risk that I'm willing to take.

also gonna do lasik, how old are you?

I thought you were going for stroma.

Good luck anyway

Stroma is for iris color change and it's still it's early state.

i know lol, but some people have done it anyway.
Even that model idr the name, he did rhino and stroma

i got -1.50 maybe even worse but dont wear glasses hahaha
If it works for you, go for it. But with those numbers I do know you began have difficult to see things farther away.

i know lol, but some people have done it anyway.
Even that model idr the name, he did rhino and stroma
I didn't knew there was already a commercial well certified version of Stroma. You know the doctors and clinic that does it?

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 795
Before my surgery they were 2.75 and 3. Now it's pretty much close to zero.

what was your astigmatism before surgery?

I have -3 / -4 and 2.25 cyl in both eyes :feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

what was your astigmatism before surgery?

I have -3 / -4 and 2.25 cyl in both eyes :feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:
It was 3.25 and 3.75 I think. but you have to do an exam before getting it to determine if your cornea is the right shape. Not everyone can do it tough.

Last edited: