Lately my life has been a complete train wreck (story)

NuclearBrainReturns

NuclearBrainReturns

Matthew 4:1-11
I was on track to start a new career with a personal hobby of mine but it has been derailed by the unrelenting stress of my now shit daily life.

My job is sucking the life out of me and I have no other alternative to make money or live. I am asked to do shift patterns that are absolutely killing my social life.

I then manage to go out and I feel like I can't be around my friends anymore without being completely stoned or drunk. They are still stuck in this teenager mentality of being a bit of a rebel but we are all approaching our mid 20s, One of my mates will be 30 soon and it's really making me fed up. I'm actually supposed to be going on holiday with them but idk I'm starting to think twice about it.

The main problem is one of my friends has broken up with his long term girlfriend and so is trying to go on a tinder rebound to boost his ego. He got completely rejected at the club a couple of weeks ago and so doesn't want to go out for drinks as much. When he does, he just sits on his phone bragging about how much tail he's now getting and doesn't even speak to us.

One of my friends actually commented on it yesterday asking him to put his phone down and spend some time with his mates and he got really angry. We went to some indie pub with a nice environment and this cunt goes to the jukebox and plays "angel of death" by slayer and completely kills the vibe. Tonnes of people start leaving the pub which means that the bartender lost a shit load of money last night and I had to apologize for my friends behaviour.

I'll probably be resented in that indie bar for the rest of my life now which means i'll have to go somewhere else. Fucking sucks man. Not to mention the entire vibe whenever we go out has this sickly sense of nostalgia for a bygone age we can't go back to. We go to the same locations we went to when we were like 18-20 and se the same fuckers we went about with back then but they look older, fatter, more worn out.

Is this what aging is all about? Is this normal for a guy in his 20s to go through? There is a growing part of me that just wants to get married and have children with a nice woman but since I'm not an oofy doofy or very handsome I can't even do that and just leave my mates in the dust to start a new life. It's as if I'm stuck in this absolute hellhole of bitter resentment, ego stroking and nostalgia.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deprived, isis_Bleach, MoggerGaston and 1 other person
I don't even have friends and never went to a club or a bar.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244 and MoggerGaston
I don't even have friends and never went to a club or a bar.
Idk how I would be if I were in this situation, probably better off.

Man I get so anxious for a few days after heavy drinking now

Hangovers would always make me feel shit physically- but this hangxiety only started around age 23

Stop having friends

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
Man I get so anxious for a few days after heavy drinking now

Hangovers would always make me feel shit physically- but this hangxiety only started around age 23
For me its the same with smoking weed and doing cocaine aswell actually. I get really down mentally for like a week having really sad thoughts. Doesnt help when they are tied to actual real life instead of just being down for no reason.

dnr tbh maybe just a little bit. im 17 and love my life so sucks for u i guess

Man at least you have friends, I have no one to talk to irl and online.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: ItsOVERBuddyBoyos and Johnnybegood
For me its the same with smoking weed and doing cocaine aswell actually. I get really down mentally for like a week having really sad thoughts. Doesnt help when they are tied to actual real life instead of just being down for no reason.
Yeah coke makes me feel terrible- I barely touched it since university tho.

Weed I never rreally liked so avoid it

Idk man obviously I always felt physically shit, like sick and tired the day after drinking- but I nevr used to get these horrible mental effects on top of it- thats new

• +1
Reactions: NuclearBrainReturns and Johnnybegood
Yeah coke makes me feel terrible- I barely touched it since university tho.

Weed I never rreally liked so avoid it

Idk man obviously I always felt physically shit, like sick and tired the day after drinking- but I nevr used to get these horrible mental effects on top of it- thats new
I hate weed.

The only thing i truly enjoyed was Tobacco smoking...but have since quit. 2 months Tobacco free 🤙

• +1
Reactions: NuclearBrainReturns and DoctorLooksmax
I hate weed.

The only thing i truly enjoyed was Tobacco smoking...but have since quit. 2 months Tobacco free 🤙
I used to love an XTC pill back in the day. Novelty of them warn off a bit now- I sometimes wonder if over zealous use of MDMA/XTC is part of the reason for my lacklustre mental health these days- but then I remember theres nothing I can do about it anyway so no point winding myself up getting even more anxious. I do like mushrooms as well but havent done them in over a year now

• +1
Reactions: ItsOVERBuddyBoyos and Johnnybegood
Brutal. My friends are just boring and dont take risks. Going out with them is just boring since they are basically invisible. Its like going out alone but worse

• JFL
Reactions: ItsOVERBuddyBoyos
I used to love an XTC pill back in the day. Novelty of them warn off a bit now- I sometimes wonder if over zealous use of MDMA/XTC is part of the reason for my lacklustre mental health these days- but then I remember theres nothing I can do about it anyway so no point winding myself up getting even more anxious. I do like mushrooms as well but havent done them in over a year now
Xtc never dissappoints. Always fucking banger.

Just had a bad start last time cuz i took too much at once lol. My brain was blasted, felt like shit till it came down a bit

Brutal. My friends are just boring and dont take risks. Going out with them is just boring since they are basically invisible. Its like going out alone but worse
how do social circles work in netherland? i heard its brutal over there. latebloomercels are probably fucked

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston and Johnnybegood
after uni would you consider moving to a different country

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
welcome to current year

after uni would you consider moving to a different country
Depends, but probably yea.

If im gonna work fulltime. I have to leave because of the tax system and overall low life quality. Not worth it to work fulltime here.

If im gonna work part time i can choose to stay and leech the wellfare systems. But id probably also move out for better dating life and general better life quality.

Only reasons to stay here would be meeting my dream girl (unlikely) or getting some great business/carreer opportunity that i cant get abroad. Also unlikely

first world problems

I was on track to start a new career with a personal hobby of mine but it has been derailed by the unrelenting stress of my now shit daily life.

My job is sucking the life out of me and I have no other alternative to make money or live. I am asked to do shift patterns that are absolutely killing my social life.

I then manage to go out and I feel like I can't be around my friends anymore without being completely stoned or drunk. They are still stuck in this teenager mentality of being a bit of a rebel but we are all approaching our mid 20s, One of my mates will be 30 soon and it's really making me fed up. I'm actually supposed to be going on holiday with them but idk I'm starting to think twice about it.

The main problem is one of my friends has broken up with his long term girlfriend and so is trying to go on a tinder rebound to boost his ego. He got completely rejected at the club a couple of weeks ago and so doesn't want to go out for drinks as much. When he does, he just sits on his phone bragging about how much tail he's now getting and doesn't even speak to us.

One of my friends actually commented on it yesterday asking him to put his phone down and spend some time with his mates and he got really angry. We went to some indie pub with a nice environment and this cunt goes to the jukebox and plays "angel of death" by slayer and completely kills the vibe. Tonnes of people start leaving the pub which means that the bartender lost a shit load of money last night and I had to apologize for my friends behaviour.

I'll probably be resented in that indie bar for the rest of my life now which means i'll have to go somewhere else. Fucking sucks man. Not to mention the entire vibe whenever we go out has this sickly sense of nostalgia for a bygone age we can't go back to. We go to the same locations we went to when we were like 18-20 and se the same fuckers we went about with back then but they look older, fatter, more worn out.

Is this what aging is all about? Is this normal for a guy in his 20s to go through? There is a growing part of me that just wants to get married and have children with a nice woman but since I'm not an oofy doofy or very handsome I can't even do that and just leave my mates in the dust to start a new life. It's as if I'm stuck in this absolute hellhole of bitter resentment, ego stroking and nostalgia.
My life is also a massive trainwreck full of people that hate me