lateral canthopexy vs canthoplasty

homo_faber

homo_faber

i thought this was a looksmaxing forum
Canthoplasty procedures, by design, alter the shape of the palpebral fissure because they disassemble and reassemble the lateral canthus while shortening the lower lid margin. Because it does not violate the lid margin, lateral canthopexy maintains or has the potential to restore palpebral fissure shape, including the lateral canthal angle. Canthoplasty procedures may be effective in elevating the lower lid, but they often exaggerate senile or postsurgical distortion of palpebral fissure shape.

https://watermark.silverchair.com/29-4-323.pdf?token=AQECAHi208BE49Ooan9kkhW_Ercy7Dm3ZL_9Cf3qfKAc485ysgAAAqQwggKgBgkqhkiG9w0BBwagggKRMIICjQIBADCCAoYGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAeBglghkgBZQMEAS4wEQQMjBX3gxEqSFSLNGgrAgEQgIICV5wdxxllFyl9dV1HjFtmpCP0M1iw6rdNBgJBG8qHpKKmNW_bD8j7dVToTRreRfn-bNfx3FjPi3znUSo-cpyK0t7zGlKPRzxhcHeHCCBE3mpL_pqFg4cIDgCsg447W4lKudLb3pDQ7tU4qxTRsGfdqmlMXaCbYF9JDFzn7n2gx7c-t9Lb6Y2aSZVDI4g0hsy6rkZBRU4tHwT7zu3iMuhsqFssgmXUH0I27-BE-GMn5zxJKNP_E9DfEnOxCUnM1uozpZ-sLTjk7J7lROYMtNoGcrJDtD-vnle1U4Y9VZ0lZ53Cj7LNVbDs0OgHxvdHg3LX1EXD7TSMgcWumWklz6tg4JZQK3cD-yiqZsYBR6WQzMccXGfYSpkkPaAWIyR6bjV6u9xKGvt0KVWpi07NOBnAdcqCVxMTTfAGEH__m9nbDotqOSCEVPPNxbtsOHM9Mk6Y7k5bHp_C-1GKRl8M44SYEOO-D6NbyzEZPUHxWJNbgoLu2_-HX8Xj01F60NoKswktxMlc87_fOm0cx3bvY1oLL2AHITE_Nj8Xdcm28XJzcjKeYGkUW_gZoeXWXbY0P8rZQqjpfPAIWtz2leH24X9fRZnMMOwoLBrCbpwti81Egwj1X9hdMmE4BecZjwH0-aR_nA8cI3Ga6aCh44-8KbbtbXHbuaGCAVednv6ZZ9VYxCN6Dap_FIPlTt1LuQ_-nzg-knBck4lykJGL9l7sLS79mTdxPQTZbqqrwK5mbJ8dIYvVaH09ZCFmWFa1iRsbGnU-Sv-HF5Ka3cGPFGxwOsev9-6aEXaklqyB

• +1
Reactions: angelo, thecel, Hightwolf and 2 others
thoughts?

cmon now

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: itorroella9 and bimaximum
fuc this forum

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 275, Darkstrand, Deleted member 6723 and 3 others
Nigga where are the pics? Nobody cares about shit like this without pics of what you even talking about.

Nigga where are the pics? Nobody cares about shit like this without pics of what you even talking about.
if you click the link pics are provided

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275, Good_Little_Goy and RAITEIII
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and Good_Little_Goy

should work now. plenty of pics but im afraid its a bit more complex then just a skull with a drawn lefort 1-3 line.
i put my hope into high iq members of this forum, maybe you are the one?

Canthoplasty procedures such as the lateral tarsal strip, by design, alter the shape of the palpebral fissure, because they disrupt the lateral commissure while shortening the lower lid margin (Ref 10).  Lateral canthal/horizontal eyelid shortening procedures were first developed to treat functional eyelid disorders. Their aesthetic implications should not be discounted. Canthoplasty procedures may be effective in elevating the lower lid, but often exaggerate the senile or post surgical distortion of palpebral fissure shape.  Figure 8.

@homo_faber what u thinking tbh, implants and canthopexy?

should work now. plenty of pics but im afraid its a bit more complex then just a skull with a drawn lefort 1-3 line.
i put my hope into high iq members of this forum, maybe you are the one?
I am not particularly knowledgeable about this type of surgery unfortunately. It's a bit interesting though so I will probably read about it once I have time.

Bumo for your thread.

what's better for retracted eyelids

im interested what the surgeons will say.

what else should i ask on realself?

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
what's better for retracted eyelids
If you actually have retracted eyelids then lower eyelid retraction surgery ofc
Form what I've seen and read canthopexy targets the aging appearence of the eye whlist 'lifting' the eyelid up less compared to lower eyelid retraction surgery so it makes it inferior in this way

• +1
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
im interested what the surgeons will say.

what else should i ask on realself?
caged at you using lorenzo's pics jfl
you asked a really good question, can't think of anything to add
maybe be specific about the result that you want to acheive with surgery and post your current eye area (you don't have to then link it here)

• JFL
Reactions: homo_faber
caged at you using lorenzo's pics jfl
you asked a really good question, can't think of anything to add
maybe be specific about the result that you want to acheive with surgery and post your current eye area (you don't have to then link it here)

i wrote eppley an email but he doesnt seem to reply. i will write dr. y an email now

• +1
eppley answered my email lol

• Woah
images

• Woah
Reactions: Darkstrand

A canthopexy is a canthal tendon tightening procedure that is performed with a stitch and does not require reconstruction of the lateral canthal tend. Canthoplasty is a lateral canthal reconstruction that involves much more extensive surgery on these tissues. Generally the canthal angle is split and typically the lower limb of the lateral canthal tendon is severed from the orbital rim. The lower eyelid is shortened and a new lateral canthal angel is reformed with sutures. Non-oculplastic surgeons generally to a poor job with the lateral canthoplasty. This is a fussy surgery and it requires quite a bit of specialize training, skills, and experience to perform satisfactorily. Properly done, a canthoplasty can last a life time. Canthopexy, not so much. The real key is why are you a candidate for canthal surgery?

h43nmdJ.jpg

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal and JizzFarmer
bump

• +1
Reactions: 98Zdeed98
Bit off topic but you seem to know quite a bit about those surgeries, do you also know something about medial canthopexy? I read it sometimes goes along with orbital osteotomies

main eye procedures:

A canthopexy is a canthal tendon tightening procedure that is performed with a stitch and does not require reconstruction of the lateral canthal tend. Canthoplasty is a lateral canthal reconstruction that involves much more extensive surgery on these tissues. Generally the canthal angle is split and typically the lower limb of the lateral canthal tendon is severed from the orbital rim. The lower eyelid is shortened and a new lateral canthal angel is reformed with sutures. Non-oculplastic surgeons generally to a poor job with the lateral canthoplasty. This is a fussy surgery and it requires quite a bit of specialize training, skills, and experience to perform satisfactorily. Properly done, a canthoplasty can last a life time. Canthopexy, not so much.

1. canthoplasty (as described above)
2. canthoplasty asian version: https://looksmax.org/threads/latera...ontal-length-of-the-palpebral-fissure.241144/
3. canthopexy (as described above)
4. bridge of bone canthopexy
5. lower eyelid retraction surgery (misleading title, its not actually 1 surgery but contains up to 21 different procedures including canthoplasty and canthopexy but also grafting etc) see more: https://looksmax.org/threads/lower-...-used-to-describe-around-21-surgeries.250260/

the question that are left:

1. what is the difference between bridge of bone canthopexy and canthoplasty?
2. why do most surgeons say canthopexy is temporary but eppley says it can be permanent regarding the technique..was eppley reffering to bridge of bone canthoplasty? when other surgeons say is temporary does it mean the effects will vanish completely in lets say 10 years OR will the effect decrease within that time spane but you will be still better off in 10 years in compared to when you wouldnt have done it?
3. what is taban talking about when he says he is using an "aesthetical lateral canthoplasty" technique? is different to a normal canthoplasty?

main eye procedures:

1. canthoplasty (as described above)
2. canthoplasty asian version: https://looksmax.org/threads/latera...ontal-length-of-the-palpebral-fissure.241144/
3. canthopexy (as described above)
4. bridge of bone canthopexy
5. lower eyelid retraction surgery (misleading title, its not actually 1 surgery but contains up to 21 different procedures including canthoplasty and canthopexy but also grafting etc) see more: https://looksmax.org/threads/lower-...-used-to-describe-around-21-surgeries.250260/

the question that are left:

1. what is the difference between bridge of bone canthopexy and canthoplasty?
2. why do most surgeons say canthopexy is temporary but eppley says it can be permanent regarding the technique..was eppley reffering to bridge of bone canthoplasty? when other surgeons say is temporary does it mean the effects will vanish completely in lets say 10 years OR will the effect decrease within that time spane but you will be still better off in 10 years in compared to when you wouldnt have done it?
3. what is taban talking about when he says he is using an "aesthetical lateral canthoplasty" technique? is different to a normal canthoplasty?

@RealSurgerymax

i think you can see the procedure of a canthopexy here very good, its really just a stitch, jew doctors claim 2000 USD for this?

in comparison canthoplasty, just lol how they literally cut the lateral canthal angle in half with something that looks like a scissor, mirin

Last edited:
Bit off topic but you seem to know quite a bit about those surgeries, do you also know something about medial canthopexy? I read it sometimes goes along with orbital osteotomies

yes sorry just read it. never put much research into it. as far as i know the medical canthus is extremely delicate and if you are aim is to a medial canthus like gandy there is nothing much you can do. surgeons just touch the medial canthus if there was a trauma, accident etc and even that it doesnt look really good. i think i read about it on realself

only exception is medial canthoplasty which can be done on chinese people but has nothing much to do which what you mean

• +1
yes sorry just read it. never put much research into it. as far as i know the medical canthus is extremely delicate and if you are aim is to a medial canthus like gandy there is nothing much you can do. surgeons just touch the medial canthus if there was a trauma, accident etc and even that it doesnt look really good. i think i read about it on realself

only exception is medial canthoplasty which can be done on chinese people but has nothing much to do which what you mean
Yeah I heard of it in combination with OBO

One thing I'm pretty sure plays a role for medial Canthus is the inner orbital/nose Bridge region... I believe that surgeries like lefort 2 can actually have a positive effect on the medial canthus

Yeah I heard of it in combination with OBO

One thing I'm pretty sure plays a role for medial Canthus is the inner orbital/nose Bridge region... I believe that surgeries like lefort 2 can actually have a positive effect on the medial canthus

maybe. however i think it would be nearly impossible to predict the outcome and impact of that surgery towards the medial canthus, surgeons cant even predict how lefort 1-3 impact the nose. and since medial canthus is a question of milimeters you are more likely to end up worse then better looking.

• Woah
do

Lateral tarsal strip and Bick’s procedure​

fall under the catogery of canthoplasty?

ti1C1W5.jpg

• +1
Reactions: thecel