Lefort 1 without bsso?

Copemaxxing

Copemaxxing

sfs,tyson,ankle,wirsts,clavicle,neanderthal pill
Lets say I have a normal occlusion but my maxilla is deformed because it has a vertical defiency (too horizontal) . I will have lefort 1 in the future to correct it does it mean they only cut of my maxilla or do they cut both jaws?

Lets say I have a normal occlusion but my maxilla is deformed because it has a vertical defiency (too horizontal) . I will have lefort 1 in the future to correct it does it mean they only cut of my maxilla or do they cut both jaws?

This makes literally no sense

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5683, Deleted member 4464 and Deleted member 4430
This makes literally no sense
Are you fuckin jewish? A maxilla that lacks vertical height so the face become to short(short face syndrome)

Are you fuckin jewish? A maxilla that lacks vertical height so the face become to short(short face syndrome)
You're better off augmenting the vertical height of your mandible.

Are your upper teeth not visible? If so then it might be as simple as moving the maxilla foward instead of downgrafting it (mentioned because it's a symptom of maxillary deficiency). But to answer your queston, yes: a surgeon could downgraft your maxilla either by CW rotation or a simple downward impaction; though depending on who you ask, even 5+ mm is signifcant for what you're proposing. Something else to be considered is that downgrafting the maxilla will steepen the mandibular/gonial angle (to be expected of course) as will CW rotation. There's lots of permutations within a surgeons bag to achieve the desired result. Get at least 2-3 professional opinions before moving deciding on a plan. Also, jawsurgeryforums.net has a lot of good information.

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing
Are your upper teeth not visible? If so then it might be as simple as moving the maxilla foward instead of downgrafting it (mentioned because it's a symptom of maxillary deficiency). But to answer your queston, yes: a surgeon could downgraft your maxilla either by CW rotation or a simple downward impaction; though depending on who you ask, even 5+ mm is signifcant for what you're proposing. Something else to be considered is that downgrafting the maxilla will steepen the mandibular/gonial angle (to be expected of course) as will CW rotation. There's lots of permutations within a surgeons bag to achieve the desired result. Get at least 2-3 professional opinions before moving deciding on a plan. Also, jawsurgeryforums.net has a lot of good information.
Yes my upper teeth are not visible and it sucks. My gonial angle is near 90 degree and that looks to robotic squarish so wouldn’t be a cw rotation with forward advancement the best option?

• +1
Reactions: PowersOfTen
Yes my upper teeth are not visible and it sucks. My gonial angle is near 90 degree and that looks to robotic squarish so wouldn’t be a cw rotation with forward advancement the best option?
I'm not a professional, so don't quote me on this fully, but that seems very realistic to me and I'd definitely bring it up to whoever you decide to consult with in the future. Keep in mind that both CCW and CW rotation operations have always seemed to yield more promising aesthetic results than simple straight impaction operations.

I'm not a professional, so don't quote me on this fully, but that seems very realistic to me and I'd definitely bring it up to whoever you decide to consult with in the future. Keep in mind that both CCW and CW rotation operations have always seemed to yield more promising aesthetic results than simple straight impaction operations.
Yes I think a bit cw roatation would be good for me. My wisdom teeth are all healthy but I heard if I want to have bsso I have to remove them,is it true? And does having a vertical maxillary defiency means having a recessed maxilla?

• +1
You're better off augmenting the vertical height of your mandible.

Bro i got a question to ask what kind of curry are you a northern eouthern or eastern?

Yes I think a bit cw roatation would be good for me. My wisdom teeth are all healthy but I heard if I want to have bsso I have to remove them,is it true? And does having a vertical maxillary deficiency means having a recessed maxilla?
It's not uncommon for a dentist/orthodontist/surgeon to request for a patient to have extractions before a bi-maxillary operation, but this is why I also said to get multiple opinions. Some are going to tell you to remove them, others won't - ideally, you'd want to keep them. Be a step ahead of the game and make sure to also ask these questions to whoever you consult with. You don't want to settle down with a surgeon whose plan looks good on the surface and then out of nowhere they tell you that your four wisdom teeth have to go.

As for the the maxilla being recessed, it would seem likely (my uneducated guess). Again, get a CEPH scan done and ask the surgeon everything you have ever wondered about jaw surgery. A CW impaction with advancement will make up for any recession, and it will do so substantially better than a simple straight downgraft.

dude wth he doesn't need ccw he already has 90 agree angle and his teeth will be completely gone. are you fucking retarded?

dude wth he doesn't need ccw he already has 90 agree angle and his teeth will be completely gone. are you fucking retarded?
Can you read? I absolutely did not recommend that. I'm simply trying to state that rotational impactions (both CW and CCW) yield better aesthetical results than other simpler impactions.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 1338
Bro i got a question to ask what kind of curry are you a northern eouthern or eastern?
Can you read? I absolutely did not recommend that. I'm simply trying to state that rotational impactions (both CW and CCW) yield better aesthetical results than other simpler impactions.
can I have that surgery at 15 ? Man I dont know how to tell my ortho all that stuff. So should I tell him I want forward advancement but what when he says no a straight downward is enough without any advancement

• +1
can I have that surgery at 15 ? Man I dont know how to tell my ortho all that stuff. So should I tell him I want forward advancement but what when he says no a straight downward is enough without any advancement
You can have any kind of jaw surgery at any age if your case warrants it, though it's often done at ages 18+ for males because that is the general consensus on age for when males stop developing. Depending on where you are, your surgeon may be more conservative when it comes to aesthetics and will decide upon something that yields only a functional result (straight impaction). This is common in the U.S. and if you plan to have it covered by insurance, it'll be a bit harder to juggle aesthetical concerns with your surgeon because insurance companies only cover these types of things for health/functional reasons. I would tell him that you want your profile to have more projection (preferably as much as safely possible), and that you want your gonial/mandibular angle steepened; I think CW is the best way to address a case like that. If this is something (say a parent(s)) plans to pay out of pocket for, then absoultely get multiple opinions from different surgeons because you have all the choice in the world if it is done out of pocket. Some insurers require a referral for them to pay for your surgery, which means that you are bound to whichever surgeon your orthodontist refers you to/whoever is under your plan. You could of course go back to your orthodontist if you are dissatisfied with a surgeons plan and have them refer you to a new surgeon, or you could visit a new orthodontist and get refered to a different surgeon for different opinion. Though if you're in the U.S. and are paying via insurance, it's likely going to have to be done by someone under your health plan, so your choices are limited. Never settle for anything you are unsure of.

• +1
You can have any kind of jaw surgery at any age if your case warrants it, though it's often done at ages 18+ for males because that is the general consensus on age for when males stop developing. Depending on where you are, your surgeon may be more conservative when it comes to aesthetics and will decide upon something that yields only a functional result (straight impaction). This is common in the U.S. and if you plan to have it covered by insurance, it'll be a bit harder to juggle aesthetical concerns with your surgeon because insurance companies only cover these types of things for health/functional reasons. I would tell him that you want your profile to have more projection (preferably as much as safely possible), and that you want your gonial/mandibular angle steepened; I think CW is the best way to address a case like that. If this is something (say a parent(s)) plans to pay out of pocket for, then absoultely get multiple opinions from different surgeons because you have all the choice in the world if it is done out of pocket. Some insurers require a referral for them to pay for your surgery, which means that you are bound to whichever surgeon your orthodontist refers you to/whoever is under your plan. You could of course go back to your orthodontist if you are dissatisfied with a surgeons plan and have them refer you to a new surgeon, or you could visit a new orthodontist and get refered to a different surgeon for different opinion. Though if you're in the U.S. and are paying via insurance, it's likely going to have to be done by someone under your health plan, so your choices are limited. Never settle for anything you are unsure of.
I live in germany so I dont know . It would be terrible if we have to pay for the surgery like 10k € or something. I am done growing so far so I could get the surgery but I hate it that we have to pay its so depressing smiling or talking without teeth its worse than a gummy smile. Can I get the surgery for free ? Is there any way?

• +1
I live in germany so I dont know . It would be terrible if we have to pay for the surgery like 10k € or something. I am done growing so far so I could get the surgery but I hate it that we have to pay its so depressing smiling or talking without teeth its worse than a gummy smile. Can I get the surgery for free ? Is there any way?
I'm in the U.S.A. so I'm not familiar with your countries health care system. I would discuss it with your parents to see if you guys are covered by the government for things like this, or if you are under the care of a health insurance company that covers things like this. Besides that, I don't know. I myself plan to get a bimax operation done within the next few years and I'm 20 and have lots to save up for. I can't switch plans and the only surgeons under my health plan offers ludicrous ideas for fixing my case (underbite). Here in America, if your insurance is paying for it, your surgeon will likely want to do the bare minimum to fix bite issues, with no aesthetic goals in mind. You've got great top-of-the-line surgeons in Germany, like Dr. Zarrinbal for example.

Hang in there, I've been waiting for years myself to get my problems fixed.

• +1
I'm in the U.S.A. so I'm not familiar with your countries health care system. I would discuss it with your parents to see if you guys are covered by the government for things like this, or if you are under the care of a health insurance company that covers things like this. Besides that, I don't know. I myself plan to get a bimax operation done within the next few years and I'm 20 and have lots to save up for. I can't switch plans and the only surgeons under my health plan offers ludicrous ideas for fixing my case (underbite). Here in America, if your insurance is paying for it, your surgeon will likely want to do the bare minimum to fix bite issues, with no aesthetic goals in mind. You've got great top-of-the-line surgeons in Germany, like Dr. Zarrinbal for example.

Hang in there, I've been waiting for years myself to get my problems fixed.
Damn it would be brutal if we have to pay but our orthodontist is a good friend of my father and he against recession and extraction maybe it would be a benefit to talk to him? Do you think my orthodontist can manage that I get the op for free or at leash dont pay a lot. I will rope if my genetic prison forces me to live like that I mean no teeth? 90 degree ramus? Realllyyyyy??

• +1
Damn it would be brutal if we have to pay but our orthodontist is a good friend of my father and he against recession and extraction maybe it would be a benefit to talk to him? Do you think my orthodontist can manage that I get the op for free or at leash dont pay a lot. I will rope if my genetic prison forces me to live like that I mean no teeth? 90 degree ramus? Realllyyyyy??
Yes, absolutely try to get in contact with him and ask all the questions in the world that you can. Giving out a free bimax seems to be a lot to ask for but I strongly believe that the costs could at least be greatly reduced given that he is a good friend of your father. Some surgeons, for example, will charge foreigners practicing medical tourism a substantial amount more than, say, someone who is local to the area. You would benefit from mental health care too, it seems. If you're under any form of health insurance (government given or not) then they absolutely will likely have coverage for mental health treatment if they aren't insanely unethical and deplorable corporate rats. If you've got good parents, then kill two birds with one stone and try to get both your jaw and mental health concerns squared away.

Yes, absolutely try to get in contact with him and ask all the questions in the world that you can. Giving out a free bimax seems to be a lot to ask for but I strongly believe that the costs could at least be greatly reduced given that he is a good friend of your father. Some surgeons, for example, will charge foreigners practicing medical tourism a substantial amount more than, say, someone who is local to the area. You would benefit from mental health care too, it seems. If you're under any form of health insurance (government given or not) then they absolutely will likely have coverage for mental health treatment if they aren't insanely unethical and deplorable corporate rats. If you've got good parents, then kill two birds with one stone and try to get both your jaw and mental health concerns squared away.
So if I say I get mental ill if I have to live with shortfacesyndrome the cost will be reduce+ the ortho who is a good friend of my father could reduce the cost too?

• +1
You seem to have a good understanding of this. What if you have a normal bite but your midface is too long, can anything be done to shorten it?

• +1
So if I say I get mental ill if I have to live with shortfacesyndrome the cost will be reduce+ the ortho who is a good friend of my father could reduce the cost too?
Not quite. Mental health is a completely separate issue that is vital to your happiness as well. I'm simply suggesting that the orthodontist that is good friends with your father could reduce the costs if he refers you to a surgeon he knows. He is also a trained professional, thus he is a wealth of information. He could answer a great deal of your questions in detail so that you never have to wonder of the things about jaw surgery that you do now. Mental health on the other hand is a separate but criticality important asset to happiness. You can get treatment for both your mental health and jaws, but trying to advance by saying that you're mentally ill and want the cost of surgery lowered solely because of your mental health could land you in a ward. I would not advise to proceed like that. People from all over the world tend to prioritize mental health first in these circumstances. Keep in contact with the orthodontist you've mentioned, and sort out your mental health seperately. If you're patient enough, the pain will pay you back greatly one day. I promise that.
You seem to have a good understanding of this. What if you have a normal bite but your midface is too long, can anything be done to shorten it?
Absolutely, but like I mentioned to OP earlier, if you're seeking to pay for a jaw operation via an insurer, then it would be a lot harder to juggle aesthetical concerns with a surgeon because health insurers pay for these surgeries for functional reasons, especially since your bite is fine. If you're willing to pay out of pocket, then rest assured: you have all the choice in the world. There are a lot of surgeons who will perform jaw surgery on patients seeking only aesthetical gains. jawsurgeryforums.com has an entire subsection dedicated to aesthetics. Lots of people there have gotten jaw surgery for aesthetical reasons and it can be a wealth of information if you look through it the right way.

Last edited:
Not quite. Mental health is a completely separate issue that is vital to your happiness as well. I'm simply suggesting that the orthodontist that is good friends with your father could reduce the costs if he refers you to a surgeon he knows. He is also a trained professional, thus he is a wealth of information. He could answer a great deal of your questions in detail so that you never have to wonder of the things about jaw surgery that you do now. Mental health on the other hand is a separate but criticality important asset to happiness. You can get treatment for both your mental health and jaws, but trying to advance by saying that you're mentally ill and want the cost of surgery lowered solely because of your mental health could land you in a ward. I would not advise to proceed like that. People from all over the world tend to prioritize mental health first in these circumstances. Keep in contact with the orthodontist you've mentioned, and sort out your mental health seperately. If you're patient enough, the pain will pay you back greatly one day. I promise that.
I think I will just wait for my next termin to ask him my questions,had one but got canceled due to corona. My mental health is probably fine I guess beside that problem but a surgery would be the fix. Thank you for helping me(y)(y)

• +1
I think I will just wait for my next termin to ask him my questions,had one but got canceled due to corona. My mental health is probably fine I guess beside that problem but a surgery would be the fix. Thank you for helping me(y)(y)
No problem man. Hang in there, your day will come.

• +1