I had previously had quite bad acne
59AAC941 9BF4 4856 B754 9826A610CF39
3DA15367 EF71 4726 B715 F9296654D268
B6F528C6 A362 4DC9 84C9 E7F58ACACEB8

I managed to clear up and get skin like this only the past year or so
766898AE 9C65 498E A093 048944CEEBF6
18168D4D 8907 4CDD B519 4BCE5840FE2D
5F9CEF39 FDD2 439C 8FC8 70733A953813

After around 2-3 years of trying different shit and what works. This is what I find legit.

DIET
If you have acne- there is a root problem for it.
chances are you are intolerant to a food you are eating often. antibiotics and accutane will temporarily fix the symptom

DAIRY
- probably the most commonly reported breakout food
Peanuts
- personally I notice this breaks me out and it’s reported too online in skin groups
Sugar
- Raised insulin levels some people relate IGF to acne. I also severely notice this one and is by far my biggest trigger
Lack of vitamin A.
-
megadosed vitamin A is literally how accutane works. It shrinks pores and reduces your oil gland excretion. Beef and pork liver are probably the best skin food you can eat.

Skincare

Routine

You should wash your face twice a day, in the morning at at night.

If you struggle with acne YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN. You are genetically weak. No point finger pointing saying your clear friend barely washes his face. Tough shit. You are genetically inferior.

You NEED to use sensitive skin products. Cerave and Aveeno are great options.
Use the most gentle products you can get.
Cerave have a hyaluronic acid lotion bottle for around $10 (£8) which lasts around a month. This and any sensitive face wash should make up your skincare routine.

sensitive sunscreen is optional depending where you live. Unless you live in morroco or you bother tanning I don’t really see the need for it.

Only pop a spot if it has a white head, even so do it as gentle as possible. If you even have to try for more than 5 seconds to pop it chances are you shouldn’t be popping it.

Avoid all irritation possible for your sensitive skin. Touching, rubbing.
SHAVING
do not push your razor blade into your skin. Follicitus will breed quickly on your face and give you acne and shaving rash combined. Also why most guys commonly have acne on their jawline most likely from shit shaving method.

things that are cope
- benzoyl peroxide - works in tiny spot treatment or small breakouts but will dry and fuck up your skin and collagen very quickly.
- face masks, doesn’t need explaining
- nose strips - doesn’t need explaining
- essential oils
- face massages
- ( most ) chemical peels
- vitamin c
- 95% of skincare products

things that are legit
Accutane -
literally if you are desperate this is your best option. Your acne will return if you don’t get to the root cause of what’s irritating your sensitive skin though - diet - shaving - product used. A lot of negative side effects you will be chancing by taking this.
I noticed depression, inhibition, hair thinned on side of head, less physical strength. fat loss. I ended up losing facial fat even on the nose from this.
Retin A - will provide 50-70% of the same results of accutane. However far less side effects on your body.
Red Light Therapy
I don’t know why anybody here talks about this. It’s literally a collagen godsend. Does consume a good bit of time out of your day though. A cheap one works well.
Green light therapy
This will get rid of freckles/ moles/ ugly rashy redness you can’t seem to get rid of.
43A17C0C A533 44FD BABA 43763D840520

this wasn’t even acne, just hyperpigmentation and freckles. I eliminated most of this using green light therapy.
Dermarolling/ Microneedling
This will get rid of scarring and give huge a collagen boost. Cheap dermarollers can be risky for tearing but if you do it smart it’s safe enough.
derminator 2 is around €200 if you want to do this at home.
Beta carotene
If you can’t tell by looking at the photos my skin has gotten noticeably more orange/ yellow. I take between 50,000-75,000 ui beta carotene daily. Pipingrock.com do really cheap beta carotene. This can be toxic though. Don’t over do it for too long
Exercise will boost recovery for almost anything in your body, plus you are dumb to not be exercising. There’s literally no reason not to.

Attachments

• 5E44097C-17EF-42BB-A34A-D9BAC06E87DC.jpeg
    5E44097C-17EF-42BB-A34A-D9BAC06E87DC.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 467
  • 76EB208F-EC4B-4969-A6B3-99007FDC2A63.jpeg
    76EB208F-EC4B-4969-A6B3-99007FDC2A63.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 494
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: niggersodomizer69, lost222, Mouthbreath and 28 others
what age are the first photos and what age are the second?

• +1
Reactions: dancs and ChristianChad
Red Light Therapy
I don’t know why anybody here talks about this. It’s literally a collagen godsend. Does consume a good bit of time out of your day though. A cheap one works w
Where to get such device?

• +1
Reactions: dancs
just read my signature and youll be fine

Unironically, washing my face once a day (night time before I go to sleep) instead of twice a day (morning and night) stopped my breakouts. I also stopped consuming dairy products as well.
My theory is that washing my face with a cleanser twice a day was drying out my skin, leading to breakouts. So cleansing once a day was less drying for my skin, reducing breakouts significantly. I can't guarantee this will work for everyone tho

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lost222, JosephGarrot123, Need2Ascend and 2 others
It is often about hormones. I had super bad acne the past 2 years, currently my skin is finally getting better again (this will hopefully be the last time I get acne).
Got it random at 19, I guess this is late puberty, 21 now.
Cleansers and moisturizers are absolute cope, all you need is water and a washcloth to exfoliate gently. Once a day is enough (washcloth every 3 days).

• +1
Reactions: ElySioNs
Wish I’d seen this when I was 17

I’ve been following basically this for about 6 months and almost no breakouts

• +1
bookmarked. the annoying thing is having to try lots of shit to find what works

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
It's all about diet tbh
Just stop eating dairy and gluten

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
getting rid of your acne is the best feeling in the world. Good job OP

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and dancs
what red light device do you use?

• +1
I'm happy for you OP
I think it's useless for me because I have dermatitis :feelswhy:
acne is easier to fight against

• +1
what age are the first photos and what age are the second?
Just turned 17 to nearing turning 18. I am 18 now. Around 8-9 months apart

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14323
Get a cheap one. Doesn’t matter. Light is light. I got a €30 one off wish with multicoloured options. So I have green too

• +1
Reactions: JL~ and ChristianChad
Unironically, washing my face once a day (night time before I go to sleep) instead of twice a day (morning and night) stopped my breakouts. I also stopped consuming dairy products as well.
My theory is that washing my face with a cleanser twice a day was drying out my skin, leading to breakouts. So cleansing once a day was less drying for my skin, reducing breakouts significantly. I can't guarantee this will work for everyone tho
true you probably had dry skin. anything more than 2 is stupid imo

• +1
Reactions: JL~ and ElySioNs
I'm happy for you OP
I think it's useless for me because I have dermatitis :feelswhy:
acne is easier to fight against
look into light therapy. I have Psoriasis and it helped with that.

• Woah
Reactions: JL~
I also heard of people clearing up dermatitis with accutane but that’s your decision 🤷‍♂️
I heard the same thing, microdosing actually helps (10mg), there's a study about it, I'll try that if retina doesn't help and burn my skin (as I guess it will do)

• +1
I heard the same thing, microdosing actually helps (10mg), there's a study about it, I'll try that if retina doesn't help and burn my skin (as I guess it will do)
try eating 100g of beef liver a week

• +1
Reactions: khvirgin
cooked right? :lul:
you never know with these ray peat guys
lmao
yes, it’s much safer cooked.
prob nutrient loss though
Purely for Vitamin A there's no differenc whether it's cooked or raw, Vitamin a is fairly stable under heat iirc
Still I cook it so the center is raw. Eating it raw isn't per Ray peats advice btw, that's just the autism of the forum.

• +1
Reactions: dancs and khvirgin
It's all about diet tbh
Just stop eating dairy and gluten
*pasteurized* dairy, most will find real raw dairy is very good for skin. Read Aajonus's take on this for further info

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman
Nice

About red light therapy, I have a device with both red and near infrared light, 99% of the time I just use red light (660nm or whatever), does this help with collagen or do you need the NIR for that? I thought NIR was more for like muscle pain and stuff, I only use this on my face.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Nice

About red light therapy, I have a device with both red and near infrared light, 99% of the time I just use red light (660nm or whatever), does this help with collagen or do you need the NIR for that? I thought NIR was more for like muscle pain and stuff, I only use this on my face.
can you link the device where you bought it ?

Bookmarked tbh

Also why do you not just eat carrots instead of beta carotene pills?? Much tastier. :feelsyay:

this is what i bought rn for like 100$ for my horrible skin = rozacea, inflamation, hyperpigmentation etc. :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
this is what i bought rn for like 100$ for my horrible skin = rozacea, inflamation, hyperpigmentation etc. :feelswhy:
no way you bought this drop shipped garbage :lul:

Shave in the shower btw, does wonders for my ingrown hairs

Benzoyl peroxide made me stop breaking out and reduced my acne, but I'll have to try what you said + tret for scarring