Let's get this straight is college a meme

D

Deleted member 16220

🥰
College vs Trades

College
-Really fucking boring strategy that is outdated as fuck and a job isn't even promised, $30-$50k or more in debt usually. Most of the time the content is water is wet tier and extremely left wing bullshit. Again a job is not even promised and employers mainly want experience. Bachelor's is the new high school diploma. Full of women.

Trades
-Pay can be absolute bullshit unless you get into a high paying trade. No retarded women in the workplace. Overtime and you're making absolute bank usually. High demand for labor and you aren't wasting 4-6 years of your life reading books on Gender Equality.

Military
-Job security. Sometimes high or low quality of life depending on job. Free health care, free college, military discounts on a lot of shit, do cool shit as well and travel. Respect from everyone old and young. Boomers have massive respect because you are doing the exact same thing they did. Garbage pay and 20 years of slavery to retire.

Which one mogs.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: rooman, latincell95, Deleted member 26859 and 6 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167, RAMU KAKA, rooman and 3 others
College because you go through a stage of life with your peers and have the baility to slay and make something of yourself. Trade youre low status blue collar wagie making shit pay. Military you get ptsd.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: rooman, Deprived, latincell95 and 6 others
-Job security. Sometimes high or low quality of life depending on job. Free health care, free college, military discounts on a lot of shit, do cool shit as well and travel. Respect from everyone old and young. Boomers have massive respect because you are doing the exact same thing they did.
Reason I plan on going to military college.
Garbage pay and 20 years of slavery to retire.
oh

Could you elab on this point? Guessing it's the same across the border (assuming you're American), but do you think going to a military college for a tech job be a good idea? I'd only have to enlist for 2.5 years.

• +1
Reactions: latincell95 and gribsufer1
College vs Trades

College
-Really fucking boring strategy that is outdated as fuck and a job isn't even promised, $30-$50k or more in debt usually. Most of the time the content is water is wet tier and extremely left wing bullshit. Again a job is not even promised and employers mainly want experience. Bachelor's is the new high school diploma. Full of women.

Trades
-Pay can be absolute bullshit unless you get into a high paying trade. No retarded women in the workplace. Overtime and you're making absolute bank usually. High demand for labor and you aren't wasting 4-6 years of your life reading books on Gender Equality.

Military
-Job security. Sometimes high or low quality of life depending on job. Free health care, free college, military discounts on a lot of shit, do cool shit as well and travel. Respect from everyone old and young. Boomers have massive respect because you are doing the exact same thing they did. Garbage pay and 20 years of slavery to retire.

Which one mogs.
Just miss out on social life in your late teens and early 20s to make more money that you can't spend until you are 46 theory.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29167, rooman, A23ghskung and 7 others
But im trying to pursue Air Traffic Controller.

Its the best paying trade in Germany.

• JFL
Reactions: rooman, Deleted member 26859, incel194012940 and 1 other person
It's worth it to meet high quality girls which are rare these days. No place on earth will have such a high concentration of young, decent girls.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167, Broski, rooman and 9 others
If I could redo my choices I would've gone the trade skill route, specifically I would've gotten an apprenticeship as an electrician in my early 20s. Extremely high pay compared to your experience right off the bat, and the ceiling is very high (especially if you start your own business, which also doesn't require a huge investment in this field. I have a friend who started his own business, all he had to invest in was a van, some equipment and 2k$ to a marketing agency that did some ads for him). His business was booming in no time, and now he's his own boss with a very, very good pay (12-15k$/month on average).

Doing a master's degree in human sciences was a big cope. I have a pretty good job now, but it's no thanks to my degree. College is only worth it if you're STEM, but even then a lot of those jobs are being increasingly automated. Stuff like entry-level coding is complete and utter bullshit and doesn't even pay well anymore.

• +1
Reactions: latincell95, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, BrahminBoss and 1 other person
It's worth it to meet high quality girls which are rare these days. Not place on earth will have such a high concentration of young, decent girls.
And also this. College is mainly for screwing chicks and getting wasted. Which, for some, is not worth going into huge debt and effectively wasting 5 years of your life for...

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rooman, latincell95, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 1 other person
In order to get a decently paying job, you don't have to go to college/university, but it may open certain doors, i.e. the STEM fields, Law, and perhaps Economics too. But it's not always necessary, and is usually just a bonus if you're not aiming for managerial roles (managers do usually have relevant degrees, I think). Ask yourself if you just want to make decent money, or if you're looking to climb up the social ladder and make it real big. In the former scenario, you don't need a degree; in the latter, it does help having higher education credentials. Do you want to be the manager of a big organization? If you say "Nah, I just want good money," then you don't need a degree. If you say "Yep, I want to be in charge of things and make really good money," then go to college/university and learn something relevant to the field you want to advance in.

I never went to university, and now at 28 I contemplate doing so just so I can make friends, because friendlessness is as toxic for your soul as inceldom, if not more so. I know that taking a bullshit degree probably won't advance me in my career (I'm a loser, and currently don't have any career or very high aspirations and ambitions), but if you are cool and fun to be around, which I hope I am, then you can make friends in such institutions. So if you have 0 friends right now, contemplate the fact that you're going to be really lonely when you are old, and if you don't want to live such a grim reality, you should start looking for friends right now.

• +1
Reactions: not_ovER
College vs Trades

College

Trades

Military

Which one mogs.
Just Air Force maxx, bro. I know a 6'4 hapa bloke that went there.

• JFL
Reactions: rooman and Deleted member 16220
And also this. College is mainly for screwing chicks and getting wasted. Which, for some, is not worth going into huge debt and effectively wasting 5 years of your life for...
Uni students still earn more on average than non-educated. But yeah it's only worth it if you're gonna do STEM. Racking up £50k debt doing a politics degree just to end up in a 25k per year starting job is defo not worth it.

Personally if I had my time again (I'm 21) I would've joined the royal marines as an officer + done that for 3-4 years then at 22 go to uni.

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox, latincell95, BrahminBoss and 3 others
Being a top level athlete in your sport mogs everything else and its not even close

being an entrepeneur is the only way to make money and its impossiblr

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and Deleted member 26859
college if you're going into a good major

Each has their own pro / cons

Military as officer might be best route tbh

College vs Trades

College

Trades

Military

Which one mogs.
As someone who's been in the military, transitioned into a trade and now in college, college definitely isn't bullshit.

It seems like your beliefs are based on the cool things that 4Chan says tbh here's my perspective:

Military: yes job security, and you definitely have a lot more time to do some soul searching with the free time/money. But it's definitely one of the lowest qualities of life in the Western world, and the conformity aspect doesn't help with coping.

Trades: I was a Mechanic/Electrical technician but it seems a lot of trade jobs in this field are capped at $50k for a 40 hr work week(literally the most any human with life goals should work imo) there are some travelling trades that pay up to $100k but working on oil rigs, being a merchant marine and all those other things are just as bad as the military if not worse(for me the conformity aspect of the military is what made it shit-tier). By time you're able to open up your own business and picking up government contracts/have a crew of guys you're gonna be in your mid 30's BARE MINIMUM, and you'll have health problems from being a good working goy being on his hands and knees for 8+ hours a day

College: Take a look on glass door or monster and see what STEM jobs require. These are the jobs that are actually worth a damn and make a difference in the world and most of them can be done from home or in a cushy office. STEM Degrees definitely aren't the "New Highschool Diplomas" and to be a Licensed Engineer or Doctor you need your degree as a prerequisite to licensure. Having a license is literally a key to freedom in the world as you can go anywhere you'd like and have a skill that's in high demand.

TLDR;
College>>>>>>Trade=Military(depending on how much you like being told how to dress, where to be and what to do 24/7)

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: latincell95, babouchelelouche and Deleted member 16220
College vs Trades

College

Trades

Military

Which one mogs.
College if you are smart and don't fall for some meme about your passion. Military if you have no other options and are very poor Trades if you got a life plan and pick a good skill or plan to get into management.

There are other options like IT where certs will get you far. I'd say the military is the worst idea rn because we might end up in a proxy war in Europe or Asia pretty soon. If you are about to be homeless then join the airforce and pray to god you are smart enough to get into a technical role and not on the front lines or some shit. Really any of these choices could net you a good career if you are smart but if you are dumb or fall for bullshit then any of these could net you a miserable life.

But I would seriously caution anyone against the military for moral reasons and practical reasons its a bad idea. Right now would be the worst time to join since 9/11 you are more likely to end up fighting in another country and the contracts are very strict if you join the military you are their bitch till the lease ends if they decide they want you to fight in Ukraine/Poland you will have no choice but to comply or go to prison. So its a very risky move

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: latincell95, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 16220
I’m going to get my associates degree and drop out to get a forklift license, fuck school. @Matthias8272

• Ugh..
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: latincell95, Earth Dollar, Deleted member 26859 and 1 other person
I’m going to get my associates degree and drop out to get a forklift license, fuck school. @Matthias8272
why not just work now instead of wasting time? If your parents make you go to school can you not just argue that you only want to work as a forklift driver?

why not just work now instead of wasting time? If your parents make you go to school can you not just argue that you only want to work as a forklift driver?
First two years of college is very easy in the US and I can ldarmaxx

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: latincell95, Earth Dollar and BrahminBoss
Also, it’s close to my favorite Popeyes spot

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: latincell95 and Earth Dollar
But im trying to pursue Air Traffic Controller.

Its the best paying trade in Germany.

As a prior aircrew military member I can tell you Air Traffic control is a very hard job. I talked with them on the radios and watch what they do. They give clearances really fast and have to manage like 10 planes at once in the air, give them altitude clearances saying "callsign, you are cleared to x altitude" whilst also giving crosswind speeds, heading to aim for, many things at once whilst the plane is coming in at 400 mph.

I did military years ago and need to figure out whether I am going to go to college or a trade school.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693
Also, it’s close to my favorite Popeyes spot
You can't just work while at home or are you in a dorm? Also I'm shocked you have the motivation to go to college even if it is forced, I can barely do anything

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
As someone who's been in the military, transitioned into a trade and now in college, college definitely isn't bullshit.

It seems like your beliefs are based on the cool things that 4Chan says tbh here's my perspective:

Military: yes job security, and you definitely have a lot more time to do some soul searching with the free time/money. But it's definitely one of the lowest qualities of life in the Western world, and the conformity aspect doesn't help with coping.

Trades: I was a Mechanic/Electrical technician but it seems a lot of trade jobs in this field are capped at $50k for a 40 hr work week(literally the most any human with life goals should work imo) there are some travelling trades that pay up to $100k but working on oil rigs, being a merchant marine and all those other things are just as bad as the military if not worse(for me the conformity aspect of the military is what made it shit-tier). By time you're able to open up your own business and picking up government contracts/have a crew of guys you're gonna be in your mid 30's BARE MINIMUM, and you'll have health problems from being a good working goy being on his hands and knees for 8+ hours a day

College: Take a look on glass door or monster and see what STEM jobs require. These are the jobs that are actually worth a damn and make a difference in the world and most of them can be done from home or in a cushy office. STEM Degrees definitely aren't the "New Highschool Diplomas" and to be a Licensed Engineer or Doctor you need your degree as a prerequisite to licensure. Having a license is literally a key to freedom in the world as you can go anywhere you'd like and have a skill that's in high demand.

TLDR;
College>>>>>>Trade=Military(depending on how much you like being told how to dress, where to be and what to do 24/7)

Yeah bro I had a military buddy who went and became a lineman and is now making like $80k+ at age 24 or so.

I met a merchant mariner when I was like 19 who offered me a job but I didn't even know what it was and he told me you needed all these licenses etc.

I have a GI bill from doing military for 4 years though. Can you even get a job with a degree now though or is it even worth it. This debate on college vs degrees is huge right now. I just don't want to waste time doing some bullshit that doesn't lead anywhere.

You’re thinking from the male gaze.

Military is worst outcome

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: latincell95 and Deleted member 16220
As a prior aircrew military member I can tell you Air Traffic control is a very hard job. I talked with them on the radios and watch what they do. They give clearances really fast and have to manage like 10 planes at once in the air, give them altitude clearances saying "callsign, you are cleared to x altitude" whilst also giving crosswind speeds, heading to aim for, many things at once whilst the plane is coming in at 400 mph.

I did military years ago and need to figure out whether I am going to go to college or a trade school.
I will see if I pass the selection process.

Its like 8 hours of tests too see if you qualify for the job

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16220
I will see if I pass the selection process.

Its like 8 hours of tests too see if you qualify for the job

You could just join military as air traffic controller, get 4 years of experience, leave and make $100k doing it civilian.

It's a terrible job though very stressful. Imagine talking all day long and literally cannot take a bathroom break because planes will not stop coming in.

Pilots do this shit called touch and gos where they practice landing and takeoff at the same time by coming in for an approach, landing, then slamming the throttles forward and taking off without stopping. You have to clear them in, out, and back around over and over and over again whilst other planes are coming in it's annoying.

I used to listen to air traffic controllers all the time. It is possible but not an easy job. You could probably still do it though.

You can't just work while at home or are you in a dorm? Also I'm shocked you have the motivation to go to college even if it is forced, I can barely do anything
I need the allowance to buy Popeyes

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: latincell95 and Earth Dollar
You could just join military as air traffic controller, get 4 years of experience, leave and make $100k doing it civilian.

It's a terrible job though very stressful. Imagine talking all day long and literally cannot take a bathroom break because planes will not stop coming in.

Pilots do this shit called touch and gos where they practice landing and takeoff at the same time by coming in for an approach, landing, then slamming the throttles forward and taking off without stopping. You have to clear them in, out, and back around over and over and over again whilst other planes are coming in it's annoying.

I used to listen to air traffic controllers all the time. It is possible but not an easy job. You could probably still do it though.
Brother here in Germany you are forced to take long breaks so you dont get tired and mess shit up.

• +1
University is literally for women, if your a non-NT or sub chad male who isn't doing stem or in a Top Uni with some business connections. And only going and hanging out with buddies 🤓 It seems like a terrible environment for sub chad males especially if your wasting it on a meme degree

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: horizontallytall, risque_dew, latincell95 and 2 others
Yeah bro I had a military buddy who went and became a lineman and is now making like $80k+ at age 24 or so.

Him in a few years

• JFL

I met a merchant mariner when I was like 19 who offered me a job but I didn't even know what it was and he told me you needed all these licenses etc.

I have a GI bill from doing military for 4 years though. Can you even get a job with a degree now though or is it even worth it. This debate on college vs degrees is huge right now. I just don't want to waste time doing some bullshit that doesn't lead anywhere.
I've never seen this debate IRL, online it seems a lot more one-sided. Just Survivorship-biased Entrepreshitters grifting or giving some idealistic bullshit.

In reality, College/higher education for hundreds of not thousands of years has been the only way to have a guarantee for jumping up in class/caste. People in Thailand, Nigeria, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, China, etc. slave away for 10 hours a day for $2 a day just so their kid can afford an education and bring them and the next generation out of poverty. It's not some new hustle that the "system" created a couple decades ago to keep the brokies in check.

Same thing with STEM, Engineers, scientists and mathematicians have existed for thousands of years, THAT was what people went to college for, not gender studies or whatever. Not even saying that most people get bs degrees, it's just that online these grifters need some angle to come from to make everything except "buying their course" or reading "Rich Dad, Poor Fag" seem like the answer

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: latincell95, babouchelelouche, Deleted member 16220 and 2 others
Trades to afford surgery and looksmax. The lack of women is a good thing because you are not fully looksmaxxed yet so you will be mostly spared having hypergamy pushed in your face. You will spend a few years here grinding money and getting surgeries.

Then uni to slay and get a degree that builds on your trade (you were an electrician? Get an EE degree - and so on). Do not do university until you are sure you are fully hardmaxxed or you will live the rest of your life with regrets over missed experiences.

Out of uni you should be super employable from your degree and work experience. If you ever want to start your own company it will impress your clients to have the degree.

This is the ideal life path in 2023 if you live in a first world country where white collar jobs are poorly paid, though some will have to grind longer than others for their surgeries.

Obviously if you’re Chad already you can just go to university immediately after high school but if you’re reading this, it’s probably not you.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: risque_dew, chadmanlet04, latincell95 and 3 others
Trades to afford surgery and looksmax. The lack of women is a good thing because you are not fully looksmaxxed yet so you will be mostly spared having hypergamy pushed in your face. You will spend a few years here grinding money and getting surgeries.

Then uni to slay and get a degree that builds on your trade (you were an electrician? Get an EE degree - and so on). Do not do university until you are sure you are fully hardmaxxed or you will live the rest of your life with regrets over missed experiences.

Out of uni you should be super employable from your degree and work experience. If you ever want to start your own company it will impress your clients to have the degree.

This is the ideal life path in 2023 if you live in a first world country where white collar jobs are poorly paid, though some will have to grind longer than others for their surgeries.

Obviously if you’re Chad already you can just go to university immediately after high school but if you’re reading this, it’s probably not you.

If you are already succeeding with a trade there's no reason to do college. The reason is your clients don't give a FUCK if you have a degree. It's all about experience. If you tell me you've installed roofing for 10 years since age 15 ill trust you more than some retard who read a textbook on how to install roofing.

You go to college if you want a high pay complicated desk job and you go to trades if you want to make medium high pay and work with your hands.

If you are already succeeding with a trade there's no reason to do college. The reason is your clients don't give a FUCK if you have a degree. It's all about experience. If you tell me you've installed roofing for 10 years since age 15 ill trust you more than some retard who read a textbook on how to install roofing.

You go to college if you want a high pay complicated desk job and you go to trades if you want to make medium high pay and work with your hands.

We are looking at it from different angles but both are correct. I consider the degree to be a nice extra, great if you can derive some value from it, but the main reason to go to college is to have the college experience - which won’t happen if you’re not Chadlite+

If you do college, then make money to have your surgeries, then go back to college to try and have that experience, you’ll fail due to oldceldom.

Trades seem like the most efficient way to accumulate money pre-college and after college it’s your choice really and doesn’t need optimised as hard: you completed the main quest already.

• +1
  • JFL
College vs Trades

College

Trades

Military

Which one mogs.
Absolute cringe fucking take every reliable path to wealth ie tech medicine law finance requires college and a good one at that

• +1
Reactions: latincell95
College/uni is only worth it if u wanna go into a specialised field or you need a relevant degree to get jobs in the sector you want
Namely science related usually

• +1
Reactions: risque_dew, latincell95 and Deleted member 16220
Trades get paid poorly, unless you are in an extreme niche you will get paid less than university grades.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, latincell95 and Deleted member 16220
Trades get paid poorly, unless you are in an extreme niche you will get paid less than university grades.

Why does everyone say trades in in demand!!!

and also say College is a scam!!!

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: latincell95 and Chadelite

Niche trades such as making ur own plumbing business by hiring 3rd worlders mogs degree

If not trades are shit, use ur gi bill to get a degree although u need to go the best university possible no community college or shit school.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Deleted member 16220

It depends on country I think. The USA is about the only country where getting a degree actually gives you a chance at a good career. Here in the UK your job may have more “prestige” but realistically you are not earning much more than the man at Tesco.

The sheer insane price of any trades work here is an obvious incentive to go into trades.

• +1
Reactions: risque_dew and Deleted member 16220
It's not a meme, you get what you put in. If you go to college, pursue a shit degree or one not in demand, don't network, don't do internships, then yeah you're going to stay broke af. If you pursue a STEM degree, do network, do internships, you'll have no problem landing a good paying job.

Last edited:
  • +1