Let's settle this: is there such a thing as too tall for women? Is height halo infinite or range-based? Is it just male gaze past a certain point?

Is there such a thing as too tall for women?

• Yes, past a certain height the drawbacks override women's hypergamous preference for tallness

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • No, the taller the better, as high as male heights go (assuming no deformity)

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Same as 1, but it only happens for freakishly tall heights

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
kanderior

kanderior

Banned
It is mostly accepted that women generally prefer men not just taller than them (man are taller than women on average), but men who are above average in their given population too. This is for evolutionary and social reasons. However, does that preference have a limit? For example, men generally like big boobs, also for dimorphic and evolutionary reasons, but most men would find this freakish, unappealing and gross:

A similar thing happens with muscle, e.g. women like an aesthetic gymmaxxed physique, but the freakish roidcel look has no appeal to them. Same with other dimorphic traits: a cutecel has no appeal to women in their 20s due to not being dimorphic enough, but neither does an ogre due to being too dimorphic. So it seems evolution drives people towards looking for optimals, not maximals. Similarly, a lot of studies indicate that there is a clear optimum, and a point where height actually decreases SMV noticeably. E.g., "The Height of Choosiness", from the US in 2013:

This would seem to indicate that past a certain height the female preference for tallness is overriden by whatever negatives they perceive with super tall heights (there might be other factors too, as these studies don't control for face or other factors which influence a man's desirability). However, there are arguments against the results of such studies being indicative of current reality: they are old, made when the modern OLD/social media era had just begun, they don't control for female virtue signalling, women are more hypergamous now, etc. On the other hand, if you look up photos of chad desirable celebs getting heightmogged by other celebs, women and normies don't really seem to notice. For example, 6'0.5 Henry Cavill vs 6'4.5 Armie Hammer:

6'0 Channing Tatum vs 6'5 Joe Manganiello

these celebs getting heightmogged does not seem to decrease their SMV in the eyes of women, or even whether they see them as tall, because they meet a threshold compared to the general male population. Yet using the strict evolutionary interpretation of the height pill, shouldn't women find them less attractive as a result?

So which is it: do women really want the most gigantic men possible because their evolutionary instincts tell them to find a man who can protect them, or is heightmogging male gaze and women are fine with a guy who just a few inches above average because they find a huge height difference more inconvenient than they find tallness desirable?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: shalomnigga, looksmaxxing223, Axii and 6 others
Can’t really compare an instagram pic with 2 celebs and say it has any relevance so shit thread keys

• +1
Reactions: borismonster
Nigga really wrote all that fucking essay just for me to reply
DNR autistic schizo

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, Axii, horizontallytall and 5 others
Nigga really wrote all that fucking essay just for me to reply
DNR autistic schizo
I understand, I wouldn't be a real black piller if I didn't recognize genetic determinism not just for looks but basic intelligence too. Thanks for the bump anyway faggot.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, SidharthTheSlayer and borismonster
I understand, I wouldn't be a real black piller if I didn't recognize genetic determinism not just for looks but basic intelligence too. Thanks for the bump anyway faggot.
You're welcome asshole, anytime

• JFL
Reactions: kanderior
honestly, I believe height peaks at around 6’3-6’4 legit barefoot and you want to be as close to that as possible. So yes the further away you are, IN BOTH DIRECTIONS, is getting less and less ideal

• +1
Reactions: Sub0, borismonster and 6ft4
honestly, I believe height peaks at around 6’3-6’4 legit barefoot and you want to be as close to that as possible. So yes the further away you are, IN BOTH DIRECTIONS, is getting less and less ideal
Why do you think it peaks there?

• +1
While the finer details of the height pill are debated here, it is mostly accepted that women generally prefer men not just taller than them (the average man is taller than the average woman so that's most men anyway), but men who are above average in their given population too. This is for evolutionary reasons, e.g. being taller than other men gives a man a fighting advantage and thus makes him a better protector, it is a dimorphic trait, it projects masculine power which women find attractive, and a man who gets heightmogged a lot could be perceived as less masculine due to the domination implications of that. There's also the status symbol reason, i.e. tall men are seen as rare and desirable, and so a woman who acquires such a man can show him off and impress her female friends, similar to how men want to have hot wives to impress and mog other men as it is an indication of their status and value as men. Male height also has social implications outside of dating, being correlated for example with salary, being a CEO or politician and other things.

However, does that preference have a limit? For example, men generally like big boobs, also for dimorphic and evolutionary reasons, but most men would find this freakish, unappealing and gross:
View attachment 2779089
A similar thing happens with muscle, e.g. women like an aesthetic gymmaxxed physique, but the freakish roidcel look has no appeal to them. Same with other dimorphic traits: a cutecel has no appeal to women in their 20s due to not being dimorphic enough, but neither does an ogre due to being too dimorphic. So it seems evolution drives people towards looking for optimals, not maximals.

A lot of studies, mainly from the US (as its trends dictate the global dating market/standards, and its size, wealth and global reach mean we have more data from there) indicate that there is a clear optimum, and a point where height actually decreases SMV noticeably. E.g., "The Height of Choosiness", from 2013:
View attachment 2779042
This data is consistent with 6'0 being considered an ideal height for men in the US until recently. I assume American women were aware that there's taller heights than 6'0 and that 6'0 looks short compared to 6'4+, but they seemed to prefer this one, being "only" 3 inches above the male average, and 2 inches above the millennial/zoomer average in the US, even when given other options. This would seem to indicate that past a certain height the female preference for tallness is overriden by whatever negatives they perceive with super tall heights (there might be other factors too, as these studies don't control for face or other factors which influence a man's desirability).

However, there are arguments against the results of such studies being indicative of current reality: they are old, made when the modern OLD/social media era had just begun, they don't control for female virtue signalling etc. Plus female dating preferences are very influenceable by social trends, so now you have all these women on TikTok talking about how 6'0-6'2 are just basic, they want 6'5+ guys etc. That brings us to the hypergamy argument: women in the past had more modest height expectations because they settled for what they saw as realistically achievable for them, i.e. top-20% heights. But now that they are exposed to, and have access to, way more outlier men, they feel free to demand higher heights, competing for the top-10% instead cause that is now possible for them.

On the other hand, there's the face vs height debate here, with many claiming that a gl face is more important to women, and barring manlet height, that is the most important SMV indicator for a man. You also have the fact that shorter celebs like Justin Bieber, Zac Efron, prime Cruise etc. are/were very high-SMV. And if you look up photos of chad desirable celebs getting heightmogged by other celebs, women and normies don't really seem to notice. For example, 6'0.5 Henry Cavill vs 6'4.5 Armie Hammer:
View attachment 2779126
View attachment 2779128
View attachment 2779129
View attachment 2779130
View attachment 2779133
View attachment 2779134View attachment 2779137
View attachment 2779136View attachment 2779139View attachment 2779149

these celebs getting heightmogged does not seem to decrease their SMV in the eyes of women, or even whether they see them as tall, because they meet a threshold compared to the general male population. Yet using the strict evolutionary interpretation of the height pill, shouldn't women find them less attractive as a result?

So which is it: do women really want the most gigantic men possible because their evolutionary instincts tell them to find a man who can protect them, or is heightmogging male gaze and women are fine with a guy who just a few inches above average because they find a huge height difference more inconvenient than they find tallness desirable? Is height halo linear, or a cut-off, where the average woman doesn't care if a man gets heightmogged once in a while if he already mogs a large enough number of men?
I’d say #1 is the truth, height is extremely overrated on these places, obviously women don’t like men shorter than them or those who weigh less than them but that’s a given. Most don’t prefer extremely tall guys, a 5 inch gap (the gap between avg man and avg woman) is enough for most girls, the ones who go for very tall guys are outliers and have some weird fucked up size fetish where they wanna feel like a child.

• +1
Reactions: ethnic_9 and borismonster
Dnr but as long as you are proportionally wide and don't look like a twig there is no such thing as roo tall. Giannis is 7ft but still looks wide enough

Last edited:
  • +1
Dnr but as long as you are proportionally wide and don't look like a twig there is no such thing as roo tall. Giannis's is 7ft but still looks wide enough
manlets love to cope

• +1
Reactions: Axii, borismonster, Jason Voorhees and 2 others

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LampPostPrime, Numb, borismonster and 1 other person
I can’t remember for the life of me the name of the study but it had 5’9-5’10, 5’11-6’0, 6’1-6’2, 6’3-6’4, 6’5-6’6. and 6’3-6’4 was the peak and i believe it was very recent.

Also when looking at romance novel stats 6’2-6’4 usually are the most common heights for the main male character (this could just be because the heights sound the best) but nevertheless they are the most ideal.

This whole 6’5+ tiktok shit is complete nonsense. A legit 6’5, like Jacob Elordi and a youtuber i watch who’s name is Blake Bachert tower over literally everyone when they’re in public. I think the main reason it’s peddled nowadays is women’s delusion and wanting to piss off guys but also due to the fact that women have no idea what certain heights look like. they think 6’0 is average because 5’10 guys, the real average, have been telling them they’re 6’0. I go to a big state college that’s majority white and see it all the time.

But anyway TLDR i think 6’3-6’4 is the point where you are tall to all women and will be seen as very big but not a freak.

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, mogstars, borismonster and 2 others
Dnr but as long as you are proportionally wide and don't look like a twig there is no such thing as roo tall. Giannis is 7ft but still looks wide enough
manlets love to cope
Legit lol, I’ve known lots of tall dudes that got bitches irl and I’ve never once heard of them getting rejected simply cuz they were “too tall” which is complete BS lol, foids don’t care about a dude being taller than them, they care more about how much taller he is than other men, having a bf who is 6’4+ is like flexing a really expensive car everywhere you go

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga, borismonster and Jason Voorhees
I can’t remember for the life of me the name of the study but it had 5’9-5’10, 5’11-6’0, 6’1-6’2, 6’3-6’4, 6’5-6’6. and 6’3-6’4 was the peak and i believe it was very recent.

Also when looking at romance novel stats 6’2-6’4 usually are the most common heights for the main male character (this could just be because the heights sound the best) but nevertheless they are the most ideal.

This whole 6’5+ tiktok shit is complete nonsense. A legit 6’5, like Jacob Elordi and a youtuber i watch who’s name is Blake Bachert tower over literally everyone when they’re in public. I think the main reason it’s peddled nowadays is women’s delusion and wanting to piss off guys but also due to the fact that women have no idea what certain heights look like. they think 6’0 is average because 5’10 guys, the real average, have been telling them they’re 6’0. I go to a big state college that’s majority white and see it all the time.

But anyway TLDR i think 6’3-6’4 is the point where you are tall to all women and will be seen as very big but not a freak.
lol it's funny the faggot OP liked this dumb shit and clearly made the whole text of this bias and tried to make it seem like it will "end the debate" what a fucking retard

• +1
lol it's funny the faggot OP liked this dumb shit and clearly made the whole text of this bias and tried to make it seem like it will "end the debate" what a fucking retard
niga what

• +1
Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: borismonster and Kamui
Because taller heights of legit 6'5+ barefoot will create lanklet daughters who's chances of securing a good genes male partner will be reduced

Like how "giga masc" Brock Lesnar creates ugly daughters

6'4.0" to 6'4.9" is the sweetspot peak theory

Will reply to stuff in the OP later

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, poopoohead, pablomaxx and 2 others
Because taller heights of legit 6'5+ barefoot will create lanklet daughters who's chances of securing a good genes male partner will be reduced

Like how "giga masc" Brock Lesnar creates ugly daughters

6'4.0" to 6'4.9" is the sweetspot peak theory

Will reply to stuff in the OP later
If the debate is only about foids then even still it cancels out

Foids aren’t thinking about how tall or short their daughters would be since being a manlet is 10x worse than being a tall foid, they’re mostly thinking about short sons in that regard

• +1
being a manlet is 10x worse than being a tall foid
That is true. Plus for modeling agencies the ideal heights for female models are higher compared to average female height than the ideal male model heights are compared to male average, so very tall women can be aesthetic and feminine too.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, borismonster and Kamui
That is true. Plus for modeling agencies the ideal heights for female models are higher compared to average female height than the ideal male model heights are compared to male average, so very tall women can be aesthetic and feminine too.
Factual, it doesn’t matter if a tall foid can’t secure a tall mogger cuz most foids can’t secure a mogger in the first place

But yeah back to your point, from my experiences irl and what I’ve seen on social media “too tall” just isn’t a real thing, you can talk about having shit proportions or whatever but that’s just due to them being ugly, not necessarily cuz their height is a falio, from a social perspective there are downsides to being tall as a man and there are no upsides to being short either, the main part about height is just that wow factor and how much attention it draws to you

However it is HILARIOUSLY over exaggerated in blackpill spheres by insecure manlets and average height niggas who think that their height is what’s holding them back not their fugly ass mugs, the safe spot is 5’10/5’11 where you won’t gain any halos but lose any points either, the 2nd biggest slayer I’ve known personally irl was at max like 5’7 and facially HTN/Chadlite

• +1
you can talk about having shit proportions or whatever but that’s just due to them being ugly, not necessarily cuz their height is a falio
I think that's the point though, it's not the height itself but that being super tall greatly increases the chances of that (people also talk about very tall guys having elongated faces but I never noticed that). Ofc a super tall guy who has good proportions, frame etc. mogs, but it's mostly guys with elite athlete genetics who are like that. For example I'm mindblown when I look at the Dutch giant, he's 7'2 but has the frame and proportions of a 6'2 fitness model, top-0.001% genetics. But as far as average everyday guys go, in my experience most 6'4+ men are lanky and disproportionate af, usually with very bad posture. If that failos them is a different question, but super tall moggers are very rare irl imo. What I'm still not decided on is whether women prefer average/tallish+good frame or very tall+bad frame.

Last edited:
  • +1

Are you talking about this graph ?
IMG 20240202 001949

• +1
Are you talking about this graph ?
View attachment 2781350
Not this one specifically but similar pattern, SMV benefit peaks at "normal tall" and then drops at giant tall. Or at least plateaus, as according to it 6'5-6'6 and 6'1-6'2 give the same SMV benefit. Also the increase in SMV between 5'11-6'0 and 6'5-6'6 is very small according to this.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: FrenchChad
So 6 ft is ideal height? Sounds like Lifefuel or the study is cope
It's from 2013 and the sexual marketplace has changed since then, and the results by themselves may not show the importance of factors (e.g. face) so I'm not taking it as complete gospel. It's also from the US and average heights vary across countries. But it would make sense that ideal range is 6'0-6'2 if ideal height difference for women is indeed 8-10 inches, average American woman is 5'4.

Major cope ITT. Get mogged.

It is mostly accepted that women generally prefer men not just taller than them (man are taller than women on average), but men who are above average in their given population too. This is for evolutionary and social reasons. However, does that preference have a limit? For example, men generally like big boobs, also for dimorphic and evolutionary reasons, but most men would find this freakish, unappealing and gross:
View attachment 2779089
A similar thing happens with muscle, e.g. women like an aesthetic gymmaxxed physique, but the freakish roidcel look has no appeal to them. Same with other dimorphic traits: a cutecel has no appeal to women in their 20s due to not being dimorphic enough, but neither does an ogre due to being too dimorphic. So it seems evolution drives people towards looking for optimals, not maximals. Similarly, a lot of studies indicate that there is a clear optimum, and a point where height actually decreases SMV noticeably. E.g., "The Height of Choosiness", from the US in 2013:
View attachment 2779042
This would seem to indicate that past a certain height the female preference for tallness is overriden by whatever negatives they perceive with super tall heights (there might be other factors too, as these studies don't control for face or other factors which influence a man's desirability). However, there are arguments against the results of such studies being indicative of current reality: they are old, made when the modern OLD/social media era had just begun, they don't control for female virtue signalling, women are more hypergamous now, etc. On the other hand, if you look up photos of chad desirable celebs getting heightmogged by other celebs, women and normies don't really seem to notice. For example, 6'0.5 Henry Cavill vs 6'4.5 Armie Hammer:
View attachment 2779126
View attachment 2779128View attachment 2779130View attachment 2779129View attachment 2779133

So which is it: do women really want the most gigantic men possible because their evolutionary instincts tell them to find a man who can protect them, or is heightmogging male gaze and women are fine with a guy who just a few inches above average because they find a huge height difference more inconvenient than they find tallness desirable?
View attachment 2779266View attachment 2779268
Stop using celebrities nigga they're all statusmaxxed. And studies show that past 6"3-6"4 attractiveness by females starts to decline, real water shit

• +1
Reactions: kanderior and Axii

Water too, women measurements are always exaggerated by 3" to 2". 6"0 is 5"10-5"9, 6"3 is 6"1-6"0, and so on. (Especially short foids)

• +1
Reactions: pablomaxx and kanderior
View attachment 2779089
View attachment 2779042
View attachment 2779126
View attachment 2779128View attachment 2779130View attachment 2779129View attachment 2779133

View attachment 2779266View attachment 2779268
Yes bro height is important but face is more important for majority girls
6'2-6'4 is ideal range
Yes too tall exists and imo it's over 6'5-6'6

• +1
Reactions: kanderior
Short females are so ugly and its so sad that they think they are better than tall females. Only because its ideal for Men to be tall doensnt mean its ideal for female to be Short.

Short females are so ugly and its so sad that they think they are better than tall females. Only because its ideal for Men to be tall doensnt mean its ideal for female to be Short.
there is an optimum range imo, below 5'3 they start to get that ugly pudgy look with short legs, past 5'10 they start to look ogreish. But personally I just care about proportions and being taller than her but not to a comical extent

• +1
Reactions: hiwasuwor