LET'S SETTLE THIS: Retin-A worth it despite side effects, when alternatives exist ?

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
We have to settle this for good ITT,

Retin-A is great for Collagen, increasing skin thickness, reducing photodamage,etc,..., but may come with the side effects of fat loss, and dry eyes.

Is it still worth it in your opinion, when alternatives exist for every Retin-A purported benefit from Retin-A ?

For example, Collagen can be stimulated with peptides, microneedling,etc,...,

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Racky, AscendingHero, ChristianChad and 6 others
Another question: Is it worth it if you alread have thick and clear skin?

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Racky, AscendingHero and 4 others
Doesn’t Vitamin C help collagen or nah?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615
Isn't Facial fat loss a good thing if you want a lean face?

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, mewcoper, Deleted member 10615 and 1 other person
Isn't Facial fat loss a good thing if you want a lean face?
Yeah but that's assuming you can localize it to only certain parts of the face like the cheeks, but in reality wouldn't it migrate and then you end up losing upper eyelid fat and getting hollow undereyes.

Also I think loss of facial fat volume can make you look worse if you don't have a good bone structure under it.

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Racky, AscendingHero and 3 others
We have to settle this for good ITT,

Retin-A is great for Collagen, increasing skin thickness, reducing photodamage,etc,..., but may come with the side effects of fat loss, and dry eyes.

Is it still worth it in your opinion, when alternatives exist for every Retin-A purported benefit from Retin-A ?

For example, Collagen can be stimulated with peptides, microneedling,etc,...,
To add, about: "other alternatives". Basically means, one doesn't compund.

Ideally one adds all these things together, for the top gains.

Not be like. "I microneedle, so I don't use retinA".
But be like. I microneedle. AND retin-a AND redlight therapy AND etc..........

For true anti-aging maxxing and mogging. one need to compund stuffs.
well, at last that is what I am doing.

forever young, boyos.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Racky, AscendingHero, ChristianChad and 10 others
jfl the side effects are negligible once you've used for a bit. just apply a nice moisturizer after. niggas really saying it causes fat loss

inb4 shit studies that have never actually been substantiated by Retin A users

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 4416, Slayercel and 1 other person
To add, about: "other alternatives". Basically means, one doesn't compund.

Ideally one adds all these things together, for the top gains.

Not be like. "I microneedle, so I don't use retinA".
But be like. I microneedle. AND retin-a AND redlight therapy AND etc..........

For true anti-aging maxxing and mogging. one need to compund stuffs.
well, at last that is what I am doing.

forever young, boyos.

Ideally, yes, but they're always trade-offs.

Yeah but that's assuming you can localize it to only certain parts of the face like the cheeks, but in reality wouldn't it migrate and then you end up losing upper eyelid fat and getting hollow undereyes.

Also I think loss of facial fat volume can make you look worse if you don't have a good bone structure under it.
I think fillers can make up for the volume loss, while collagen cannot be easily replaced.

"Retin-A"
"side effects"
Ask me how I know you're a faggot

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 6695 and Deleted member 4416
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6695
Ideally, yes, but they're always trade-offs.
I love tretioin/retinA.
I think it's overall a great product. Even with the side effect of "fat loss".
Imo, the positives, especially for an old person like me, whom would otherwise walk around with a wrinkled face. It's a great product in managing that issue of getting wrinkled, and skin thinning at older age.

I think fillers can make up for the volume loss, while collagen cannot be easily replaced.
to add.certain amino acids, also help to increase volume in deeper layers. and obviously in the upper layer of the skin hylaronic acid serum is a decent product to pplump up the top layer of the skin a bit.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, AsGoodAsItGets and Soalian
I love tretioin/retinA.
I think it's overall a great product. Even with the side effect of "fat loss".
Imo, the positives, especially for an old person like me, whom would otherwise walk around with a wrinkled face. It's a great product in managing that issue of getting wrinkled, and skin thinning at older age.

to add.certain amino acids, also help to increase volume in deeper layers. and obviously in the upper layer of the skin hylaronic acid serum is a decent product to pplump up the top layer of the skin a bit.
Do you think you look younger than your age btw?

Do you think you look younger than your age btw?
yes. I look about 10 years young in skin. I think.
And I'm only doing skin care for 2 years now.

i'm 37.But my current skin level quality is equal of a random 28 year old.
Here some idea of muh skin quality level.
I think I improved muh skin actually still somewhat extra after that time

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, NoPainNoChick and Soalian

Looks great man, lifefuel for me to keep doing what I'm doing, to look about the same in ten years, as I'm now (I'm 27).

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
Looks great man, lifefuel for me to keep doing what I'm doing, to look about the same in ten years, as I'm now (I'm 27).
my current battle will be for future, to keep current level for another 10 years. It's going to be difficult, to achieve.
Hence need to compound "treatments". And needing a wholelistic appraoch, from different angles

• +1
Reactions: Soalian

how often do you use it and when did you start

how often do you use it and when did you start
Almost Daily for almost 2 years now.

I had like an hiatus if 1 month orso, when I was experimenting with, if the volume "fat loss" would come back after stopping retinA. Because I did have that side effect. After I stopped for 1 month, my volume (and dark circles because of volume loss) came back. But my skin got less good quality overal. So I restarted RetinA, but this time I used experiment of certain oils/amino acids to prevent or battle volume loss. And that works well for me, so I managed to manage the side effect of volume/fat loss.

I bought 2 tubes 2 years ago, of only 0.025%. Almost now finished with 2nd tube. I will now buy new tubes, and up to 0.5% level for 1 tube. And than that other tube 0.1% level.

I love retinA for anti aging, and skin treatment.

Actually. RetinA is the BEST skincare product out there, imo. And it's cheap imo. It moggs all these fancy skincare creams that are very expensive.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Racky, AscendingHero, mclovin and 1 other person

I had like an hiatus if 1 month orso, when I was experimenting with, if the volume "fat loss" would come back after stopping retinA. Because I did have that side effect. After I stopped for 1 month, my volume (and dark circles because of volume loss) came back. But my skin got less good quality overal. So I restarted RetinA, but this time I used experiment of certain oils/amino acids to prevent or battle volume loss. And that works well for me, so I managed to manage the side effect of volume/fat loss.

I bought 2 tubes 2 years ago, of only 0.025%. Almost now finished with 2nd tube. I will now buy new tubes, and up to 0.5% level for 1 tube. And than that other tube 0.1% level.

Actually. RetinA is the BEST skincare product out there, imo. And it's cheap imo. It moggs all these fancy skincare creams that are very expensive.
Yes but imagine you quit the Tretinoin for good, today you would have your full fat pads back where it was before, but with less collagen. I agree, it's a TOUGH CHOICE, BUT,

my thinking is, we have two options here:

- Quit tretinoin use, and maintain collagen with all the other options available (skincare, peptides, lasers,etc,...)

or,

- Keep the Tretinoin, but we have to use other products to counteract the fat loss as well.

That's a tough choice...

Btw, what do you think of topical soy lecithin liquid to facial skin, in order to plump up skin and promote adipogenesis?

BECAUSE, we need dietary AND topicals amino acids and phospholipids, to keep good, plump skin and adipocytes.

What products are you using for that purpose, when you write about the oils and amino acids you use in your routine?

Sheep placenta serum? Fatty aicds? This Adipofill'in product? Other?

And what about amino acids ?

Sorry for the long reply, but it's an important area of research for aging as well.

• +1

Attachments

• 75-adipofill-techfile(1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • full_paper_200.pdf
    617.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ijms-20-02034.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Racky and SkinnyTwinkFag
Btw, what do you think of topical soy lecithin liquid to facial skin, in order to plump up skin and promote adipogenesis?
it's good stuff for that. that's an example of what i mean, when i stated to plump up fatcels and deeper skin layers with: amino acids, oil, etc...

BECAUSE, we need dietary AND topicals amino acids and phospholipids, to keep good, plump skin and adipocytes.

What products are you using for that purpose, when you write about the oils and amino acids you use in your routine?
I use fro plumpness, besides moisterizer for top layer plumpness.

* sheep placenta oil/serum (from what I know, it resembles the adiposites cells closely, hance this amino acid oil/fat is more easily absorped by the adiposites. It has a very nice mix of amino acids imo.
Amino-acids-content-in-sheep-placental-extract.png

* Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, more commonly known as Argireline, is a six amino acid peptide that affects how the cells in our body work

Sheep placenta serum? Fatty aicds? This Adipofill'in product? Other?
And what about amino acids ?

Sorry for the long reply, but it's an important area of research for aging as well.
amino acids, fatty acids, oils. And even addipofill.
Kinda substitute words, in some ways. Because they all incled aspects of each.

for example check above sheep placenta: It has like 15 amino acids mix..
Or addipofill, is basically (l-)ornithine. And ornithine, gets produced by body in liver, out of Arginine. So when take Arginine topically ro whatever way, it will enter the bloodstream also and reach liver, and thus will make ornithine. So in that sense Aginine cne cause that also.

Point beings; THERE IS ALOT OF OVERLAP.

It kinda complicated stuff though. and time consuming to research well. And to type it out for forum posts, is even more brutals annoying,

• +1
Reactions: Racky, AsGoodAsItGets and CertBroly

Thanks!!!!
I look into this one.

pulpactyl
It's kinda based on this study. from 2011. It says benifits, so it seems pretty okay stuff. Sadly it's often difficult to asses, or read, or get to know, how much it helps.

Because one aims to find the mogger stuff, that works the most extreme best. like worls 10/10. While something else may get a positive review in clinical study also, because it worlks 7/10 levels.

Here a overbiew article/study I stubled across.
On the use of plant based (and maybeo other based): oil, amino acids, fats.
there are alot. And ecah may work, help.

I chose sheep placanta one, in the end. because it has a mx of alot of different ones. So in that sense it spreads the odds, and maybe that's also best, because fatcelss/adioposites/fatpads; are a collection of different types and kinds of amino acids.
So it hought. Better have it adsopt a mix of amino acids that resemble all the amino acids in fat cells. Which mayeb sheep placenta one, may come closest.

Attachments

• CorrectedProof_Cosmoceutical.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Racky and AsGoodAsItGets
it's good stuff for that. that's an example of what i mean, when i stated to plump up fatcels and deeper skin layers with: amino acids, oil, etc...

* sheep placenta oil/serum (from what I know, it resembles the adiposites cells closely, hance this amino acid oil/fat is more easily absorped by the adiposites. It has a very nice mix of amino acids imo.

* Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, more commonly known as Argireline, is a six amino acid peptide that affects how the cells in our body work

Or addipofill, is basically (l-)ornithine. And ornithine, gets produced by body in liver, out of Arginine. So when take Arginine topically ro whatever way, it will enter the bloodstream also and reach liver, and thus will make ornithine. So in that sense Aginine cne cause that also.

It kinda complicated stuff though. and time consuming to research well. And to type it out for forum posts, is even more brutals annoying,
Yes, because I just checked Adipofill'in product, research and patents about product seem self-promoted by the Lucas Meyer company, also it's expensive as a product, if you actually break down all the ingredients and take them separately, I don't see why final product is so expensive (I mean, yes, I get it, marketing and making money from it and stuff, but still).

• +1
Yes but imagine you quit the Tretinoin for good, today you would have your full fat pads back where it was before,
It is now, back as it was before. I think.
the amino acids, mitigated it, this time.
If I didn't use tretinoin, and the amino acids; maybe or even probably I would had had more volume than I ever had before. could be true.

A concern for agers like me, is also.
If nit more.
Fat Pads sagging south!
And how does that happen also? Well, less elastic skin, aka less collagen, causes that the skin doesn't keep the fatpads in place anymore as good as before; and the fat pads thus sag down, go down.
So, I and any anti-aging maxxer. can't afford imo, to let collagen go without a fight.
And RetinA, tertinoin, is a mogger product imo, when it comes to collagen and elasticity. So need it, imo. No option not to..

but with less collagen. I agree, it's a TOUGH CHOICE, BUT,
Less collagen.
is more wrinkles

BUT ALSO.
when it comes to fat pads. less elastic skin to keep the fatpads in place. So, a person can be all happy with big pads, but when they are going south, it's kinda imo a big fat waiste.

d5536abb6c422675cfbacecb66a39970.jpg

my thinking is, we have two options here:

- Quit tretinoin use, and maintain collagen with all the other options available (skincare, peptides, lasers,etc,...)
Yeah. one can take out tratioin, and do alot of other stuffs.
But i do them all inclusing tration. I love tretinoin. I think it's a great product.
By the way, red light therapy (great for collagen also), also causes "fat loss".
i do red light therpay also by the way, not as often as I should, but imo I should do it daily. but i now only do weekly, because muh lack of time. But red light therpay is mogger procedure for collagen also imo.
- Keep the Tretinoin, but we have to use other products to counteract the fat loss as well.
defoo need to counter fat loss.
BUT, as the aging person. One needs to battle fat loss (in fat pads actually anyways). Even without use of tratioin and red light therapy.
Volume loss = a part of aging process.

do you think everyday use is necessary especially when your young or no
i only use 4 to 5 times a week
Is there a difference when using everyday compared to every other day
My strength is 0.5

Yes, because I just checked Adipofill'in product, research and patents about product seem self-promoted by the Lucas Meyer company, also it's expensive as a product, if you actually break down all the ingredients and take them separately, I don't see why final product is so expensive (I mean, yes, I get it, marketing and making money from it and stuff, but still).
Yeah marketing.
I always went, and go down. to find the actual core ingedients. Which one only really finds in the clinical studies they often use to promote their product. AND there one can find the actual main ingredients. and than one can see what studies on that partical ingredient says.

BUT, with mainy brands. they will try to bullshit you. and make you pay alot for something that may work decent, but one could had gotten in a different way much much cheaper.

As a company. in skincare.
I LOVE "the ordinairy". They are the most fair and fair pricing and limited bullshitting type of cosmetics company out there. Their prices are legit good. And they don't hype seel as much as other certain ingredients.

take the wholestic appraoch in skincare. in my opinion. And find the good, and great products. But 1 product that has all, is rare to find. so will need to mix a few of them.

The ordinairy also has a amino acid product, for fatcells skin plumping. With a combo of amino acids.
Maybe it's aslo pretty good, co,bo. Usually they do make pretty good combo's there.

do you think everyday use is necessary especially when your young or no
yes for acne cells, imo.
For others, missing every other day, should be okay.
When really young, I doubt one needs it much though,
I would focus on protection mostly only at yout, till like 25.
And start with that stuff at 25 orso.
collagen at 20, should still be at peak levels, so would ideally not need to ramp it up with tratioin.
tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php

i only use 4 to 5 times a week
Is there a difference when using everyday compared to every other day
My strength is 0.5
if you are young. this should be more than enough.
for oldcells it's different story, and likewise for acne sufferers.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and animo123
yes for acne cells, imo.
For others, missing every other day, should be okay.
When really young, I doubt one needs it much though,
I would focus on protection mostly only at yout, till like 25.
And start with that stuff at 25 orso.
collagen at 20, should still be at peak levels, so would ideally not need to ramp it up with tratioin.
tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php

if you are young. this should be more than enough.
for oldcells it's different story, and likewise for acne sufferers.
yeah i dont get acne anymore and try to use sunscreen whenever outside
hopefully its enough
thanks for the advice bro

Hey bro, mirin collagen retention routine ngl.

When you said you stopped using retin-a and volume came back, are you saying that the volume loss under the eyes (hollowing of lower eyelid region due to fat loss) on retina went away after stopping its use and fat came back?

And also if yes, now are you using aminos in the lower eye region on top of retin a to combat this volume/ fat loss issue?

i've been using retina for around 2 months now (including lower eye region) and noticed slight fat loss that seems to go back to normal when I haven't used retin a in 2 days. might be a silly and quick glance observation, but this was the reason i asked.

Hey bro, mirin collagen retention routine ngl.

When you said you stopped using retin-a and volume came back, are you saying that the volume loss under the eyes (hollowing of lower eyelid region due to fat loss) on retina went away after stopping its use and fat came back?
Yes. Retina makes skin layers tighter and more compressed. Basically fat, which is on lower layers of skin, canT push the new tighter and stronger skin upwards anymore.
And also if yes, now are you using aminos in the lower eye region on top of retin a to combat this volume/ fat loss issue?
Yes. On top. And most amount I use around eye area.
i've been using retina for around 2 months now (including lower eye region) and noticed slight fat loss that seems to go back to normal when I haven't used retin a in 2 days. might be a silly and quick glance observation, but this was the reason i asked.
Took me longer. But I was longer than 1 year on retina already back than.

• Love it
yeah i dont get acne anymore and try to use sunscreen whenever outside
hopefully its enough
thanks for the advice bro

So would you actually recommend adipofill or should i use other aminos??

• +1
Reactions: animo123
Yes. Retina makes skin layers tighter and more compressed. Basically fat, which is on lower layers of skin, canT push the new tighter and stronger skin upwards anymore.
Ah got it now!

Awesome thanks!

Subcutaneous fat/volume VS Collagen is one of those trade-offs in looksmaxxing that I've been trying to solve for a while now.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6695 and mewcoper
It seems anectodal, and long term fat decreases anyway. Microneedling on the other hand has more to do with possible fat loss, greater than 2mm it penetrates deep enough in some areas to potentially cause fat loss, even more so radiofrequency microneedling.

This is a good find. Have you used it before?

• +1
Reactions: Soalian

If you have used it, did it work for you? What kind of changes did you see? How do you use it and where did you get it? Thanks. I’m trying adipofill at the moment.

The benefit of retino A is way beyond side

Also i take retino A 0.1% and i have 0 fat loss, my face is fat cuz i'm like 18% bf

The benefit of retino A is way beyond side

Also i take retino A 0.1% and i have 0 fat loss, my face is fat cuz i'm like 18% bf
tu ne veux pas perdre du poids, t'es bien a 18% bf ?

tu ne veux pas perdre du poids, t'es bien a 18% bf ?
Après ma Bimax, je vois pas l'intérêt de perdre du poisd avant

Juste la recovery de ma Bimax comme cest que liquide je compte juste boire des Shaker donc je perdrais sûrement 4-5% bf en 1mois

Nn cest de la merde d'etre 18 % bf, deja j'ai de l'apnee sommeil et plus t'as du plus t'en a donc le fzit d'etre 18% ca fatigue de fou etc

Et de base j'ai prit du poids exprès car je voulais être positif au test d'apnée pr bimax gratos

Après ma Bimax, je vois pas l'intérêt de perdre du poisd avant

Juste la recovery de ma Bimax comme cest que liquide je compte juste boire des Shaker donc je perdrais sûrement 4-5% bf en 1mois

Nn cest de la merde d'etre 18 % bf, deja j'ai de l'apnee sommeil et plus t'as du plus t'en a donc le fzit d'etre 18% ca fatigue de fou etc

Et de base j'ai prit du poids exprès car je voulais être positif au test d'apnée pr bimax gratos
Tu la fais ou ta Bimax ?

It seems anectodal, and long term fat decreases anyway. Microneedling on the other hand has more to do with possible fat loss, greater than 2mm it penetrates deep enough in some areas to potentially cause fat loss, even more so radiofrequency microneedling.
You are spreading false words, microneedling without energy (heat) can not cause fat loss.

You are spreading false words, microneedling without energy (heat) can not cause fat loss.

infini rf is often said in acne.org scars subforums to be associated with fat loss anectodally. Personally I have done up to 2.5 mm microneedling in some areas, didn't notice any fat loss, but still some people argue that.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
infini rf is often said in acne.org scars subforums to be associated with fat loss anectodally. Personally I have done up to 2.5 mm microneedling in some areas, didn't notice any fat loss, but still some people argue that.
Infini rf can cause, you are saying microneedling can cause it can not cause fat loss.

Retin a doesn’t cause fat loss
It’s just a random side effect autistic say
That’s like worrying that cough medicine could kill you