Lifting routine and what i can do today.

Pietrosiek

Pietrosiek

Jacked like larry
Ok guys i have bench in home with barbell and dumbbells, some weight so i can workout. What routine i could do? I heard from many people that fbw is the only one choice for begginers (everything is better than split when you do one part of the body in a weak). I would like split more beocuse it's more fun. I tried to do fbw in past but it was kinda borring, split was more fun. So something like that would be good?

bench 3x10
barrbel rows 3x10
something for legs 3x10
side raise for those delts 3x10 as always
some shoulder press 3x10
some abs
some bicpes 3x10
some triceps 3x10
some calves

Also i want tostart this routine from next weak, today i would do some chest and biceps or triceps. What do you think guys?

@ZyzzReincarnate help me buddyboyo

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2095 and ZyzzReincarnate
You should do some isometric if you're just getting into bb

Do the upper/lower/rest/push/pull/legs/rest split, this is the best for natty

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and IWantToMax
Do 4 push-ups and then eat a meatball sub

• JFL
Reactions: ascension and SikKunt
Go to a gym bro. they have a lot more equipment like cable machines there and lots of weights to go by for progressive overload, i doubt ur home gym equipment can even compare ngl.

i spended some time on polish gymceling sites and on youtube and this can work but fbw is the best they said

This, incorporating isometric. You need to work on mind muscle connection at the beginning

Go to a gym bro. they have a lot more equipment like cable machines there and lots of weights to go by for progressive overload, i doubt ur home gym equipment can even compare ngl.
but i'm just begginer i don't even want to do mashines tbh, from i red free weights are the best. IF i have that stuff from few years i need to use it
mind muscle connection
some kung fu stuff here?

This, incorporating isometric. You need to work on mind muscle connection at the beginning
he already has good proprioception from his martial arts stuff if I remember correctly

Wtf is that?
it is your ability to perceive your movement and position in a 3d space. A couch potato has a harder time understanding how to perform an excercise compared to some one that has prior sports experience. An extreme example are gymnasts that have such good coordination, explosiveness, work capacity etc. that they excel easily when entering other sports
but i'm just begginer i don't even want to do mashines tbh, from i red free weights are the best. IF i have that stuff from few years i need to use it

some kung fu stuff here?
if you have a bench, a squat rack, barbells and enough weights you are good to go

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kade
it is your ability to perceive your movement and position in a 3d space. A couch potato has a harder time understanding how to perform an excercise compared to some one that has prior sports experience. An extreme example are gymnasts that have such good coordination, explosiveness, work capacity etc. that they excel easily when entering other sports

if you have a bench, a squat rack, barbells and enough weights you are good to go
i don't have that shit for squads only so i will do lunges with weights, but you know i don't need huge powerlifter legs, they need just not to be smaller than top

No gym for face

No gym for face
stop coping show your face and body if you have balls, haters gonna hate keep crying while i'm ascending

• Woah
Reactions: ascension
i don't have that shit for squads only so i will do lunges with weights, but you know i don't need huge powerlifter legs, they need just not to be smaller than top
squat rack/power rack is also very useful for benching/shoulder pressing. They often come with a pull up bar and even something to do dips

You shouldn't be scared of squats, especially if you take mma serious... I could go into detail about why they are important, but kinda lazy rn

I mean if you say you don't want huge powerlifting legs it reminds me of those girls that think they will turn into men just by working out. No disrespect, but it not that easy to get good legs, unless your upper body training is dog shit, throwing your proportions off.

• +1
Reactions: Kade
squat rack/power rack is also very useful for benching/shoulder pressing. They often come with a pull up bar and even something to do dips

You shouldn't be scared of squats, especially if you take mma serious... I could go into detail about why they are important, but kinda lazy rn

I mean if you say you don't want huge powerlifting legs it reminds me of those girls that think they will turn into men just by working out. No disrespect, but it not that easy to get good legs, unless your upper body training is dog shit, throwing your proportions off.
Yeah i train bjj not mma and tbh i trat it more like a hobby, learning something useful and having few good buddies from there. I will train legs but like i said i don't have now this shit for swuats i will try to buy something. I can can do dumbell presses for shoulders

Yeah i train bjj not mma and tbh i trat it more like a hobby, learning something useful and having few good buddies from there. I will train legs but like i said i don't have now this shit for swuats i will try to buy something. I can can do dumbell presses for shoulders
but you have a barbell? Do cleans to get the barbell to shoulder level and then shoulder press

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek

It's not for proprioception.

Having a great muscle mind connection allows you to fire more muscular fibers at once, making you stronger.

Bodybuilding trains your cns aswell, not just your body

Having a great muscle mind connection allows you to fire more muscular fibers at once, making you stronger.

Lifting not bb. Bb is just physique maxing by lifting. Lifting train your cns and body

Lifting not bb. Bb is just physique maxing by lifting. Lifting train your cns and body
You're trying to achieve a nice physique going to the gym, hence it's bodybuilding.
Anyway yeah, any kind of lifting does that

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek

I know it is not the same. However I don't see one reputable program that heavily incorporates isometrics. They all revolve around key MOVEMENTS performed correctly (range of motion wise, bracing etc). That's why I mentioned proprioception, which covers movement and stability (e.g. bracing). The science on mind muscle connection is iffy at best. If your form is tight you will work the muscles utilized in that excercise, regardless if you feel them. Even if it would, there is just no way to program flexing your bicep really hard. Heck how would you even get mind muscle connection for the amount of muscles involved in say a squat.

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
I know it is not the same. However I don't see one reputable program that heavily incorporates isometrics. They all revolve around key MOVEMENTS performed correctly (range of motion wise, bracing etc). That's why I mentioned proprioception, which covers movement and stability (e.g. bracing). The science on mind muscle connection is iffy at best. If your form is tight you will work the muscles utilized in that excercise, regardless if you feel them. Even if it would, there is just no way to program flexing your bicep really hard. Heck how would you even get mind muscle connection for the amount of muscles involved in say a squat.
I would have some exercises I've used recently.
I've seen pretty good strength gains in weeks.

I tested isometric for bb rows and curls, and they seemed to work pretty well.
I discontinued them though, as they take a lot of time to perform.

• +1
Reactions: Casadonis
I would have some exercises I've used recently.
I've seen pretty good strength gains in weeks.

I tested isometric for bb rows and curls, and they seemed to work pretty well.
I discontinued them though, as they take a lot of time to perform.
Fair enough. Did you hold the barbell at your belly/chest when you rowed and held the peak contraction for the biceps?

Anything involving sport science/nutrition is just such a vast field with so many confounders.

Did isometrics actually do it on their own or did they maybe enforce better technique?
Pausing at the very bottom of a chin up (or a incline curl) for example is technically an isometric + stretch.
If you pause at the bottom because you want to train isometrics it helps you actually reach full ROM, but at the same time the stretch might actually have a bigger impact. In the end it would be hard to decipher the impact of all three independent variables (ROM; Stretch, Isometric) on the dependent variable muscle growth.

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
Fair enough. Did you hold the barbell at your belly/chest when you rowed and held the peak contraction for the biceps?

Anything involving sport science/nutrition is just such a vast field with so many confounders.

Did isometrics actually do it on their own or did they maybe enforce better technique?
Pausing at the very bottom of a chin up (or a incline curl) for example is technically an isometric + stretch.
If you pause at the bottom because you want to train isometrics it helps you actually reach full ROM, but at the same time the stretch might actually have a bigger impact. In the end it would be hard to decipher the impact of all three independent variables (ROM; Stretch, Isometric) on the dependent variable muscle growth.
With rows I used to hold the Barbell at my belly for as long as I could.

For Biceps I did 2 things
Low weight: 2minutes 1 1 1 1 with 15seconds of rest in between.
High weight: Tried to rep out weights I could not lift.