Looking for a gym guide!

DoctorPMA

DoctorPMA

Equinox
I have looked around on the internet for gym guide to build some muscle. I have been gaining weight and ever since covid hit I stopped going (I was not consistent to begin with but am determined to change). All the youtubers seem sketchy and try to sell me their shit programs. What are some good simple to follow guides that I can follow or does anyone here have any general advice/their own routine? Also as a side question, I also considered doing pull ups, sit ups, and pushups to not register for gym. Gyms are a bit far where I live. What kind or results will that yield me if I stay consistent or is gym better?

I have looked around on the internet for gym guide to build some muscle. I have been gaining weight and ever since covid hit I stopped going (I was not consistent to begin with but am determined to change). All the youtubers seem sketchy and try to sell me their shit programs. What are some good simple to follow guides that I can follow or does anyone here have any general advice/their own routine? Also as a side question, I also considered doing pull ups, sit ups, and pushups to not register for gym. Gyms are a bit far where I live. What kind or results will that yield me if I stay consistent or is gym better?
exercise and u should see results

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: IdiAmin, androciv, Deleted member 11388 and 2 others
do this
gym GIF

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Tyronecell, Xangsane, IdiAmin and 3 others
Anyways I am looking for actual advice. This is not posted on offtopic for a reason. IDC about your memes

Anyways I am looking for actual advice. This is not posted on offtopic for a reason. IDC about your memes
70% of gymcelling is diet, if ur skinny make sure u have a calorie surplus with extra protein, if ur fat make sure u have a calorie defecit... exercise delts and lats if u wanna improve frame, exercise legs for higher t levels etc, not rocket science

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Deleted member 11388
Here is all you'll ever need:

Follow Arnold's weekly supserset training split for maximized efficiency:
Day 1: Chest, Back, Abs
Day 2: Tricep, Bicep, Front & Mid Delt
Day 3: Legs, Abs, Rear delt,

• +1
Reactions: DoctorPMA
First of all your food intake needs to be nutritious enough to support lifting

It also depends on where your physique is currently at. If you're a walking twig then bodyweight exercises such as pull ups and push ups will do wonders. If you already have some mass, I would focus on the compound lifts with a barbell

The main lifts are deadlifts, squats, bench press and overhead press, progressively overload these exercises each week, eat well and get sunlight and you will get bigger. Warm up properly to get blood in the muscle group you are gonna work, then do some added things like incline dumbell presses for chest, or bent over rows for back. I have trained for over 7 years and this is what is most effective imo, as I have done the olympic bodybuilding style before

• +1

It also depends on where your physique is currently at. If you're a walking twig then bodyweight exercises such as pull ups and push ups will do wonders. If you already have some mass, I would focus on the compound lifts with a barbell

The main lifts are deadlifts, squats, bench press and overhead press, progressively overload these exercises each week, eat well and get sunlight and you will get bigger. Warm up properly to get blood in the muscle group you are gonna work, then do some added things like incline dumbell presses for chest, or bent over rows for back. I have trained for over 7 years and this is what is most effective imo, as I have done the olympic bodybuilding style before
What about men who are skinnyfat? Would you skip bodyweight exercise and move onto compound lifts?

What about men who are skinnyfat? Would you skip bodyweight exercise and move onto compound lifts?
You can do either. But of you got some fat you can do compounds easier than if you are super skinny, and convert it to muscle

Look up herculean strength on twitter. Go to their gum road page, login and select the option to show free pdfs. Download them all (there are 4 free ones I think including bodyweight stuff.

My advice : You don't need supplements other than whey protein and a b vitamin complex (very inexpensive). Creatine is overrated, you can drink a cup of coffee instead of pre workout, BCAA etc are unproven and overrated.

Don't focus only on strength and do some retarded program like starting strength. Train for hypertrophy and aesthetics. Accessory lifts are important, reps should be high at least for a few months. Squats are overrated. Do dumbbell press instead of bench press.

Don't ego lift. Do deep stretching for mobility and flexibility. Don't get too fixated on the science and specifics (don't watch Athleanx). Always lean bulk (don't eat trash to dirty bulk and try to cut later)

Get yourself a pair of flat shoes, don't lift in running shoes. Don't do roids because pretty women don't care about big muscles, leanness is everything for women worth fucking

• +1
Look up herculean strength on twitter. Go to their gum road page, login and select the option to show free pdfs. Download them all (there are 4 free ones I think including bodyweight stuff.

My advice : You don't need supplements other than whey protein and a b vitamin complex (very inexpensive). Creatine is overrated, you can drink a cup of coffee instead of pre workout, BCAA etc are unproven and overrated.

Don't focus only on strength and do some retarded program like starting strength. Train for hypertrophy and aesthetics. Accessory lifts are important, reps should be high at least for a few months. Squats are overrated. Do dumbbell press instead of bench press.

Don't ego lift. Do deep stretching for mobility and flexibility. Don't get too fixated on the science and specifics (don't watch Athleanx). Always lean bulk (don't eat trash to dirty bulk and try to cut later)

Get yourself a pair of flat shoes, don't lift in running shoes. Don't do roids because pretty women don't care about big muscles, leanness is everything for women worth fucking

I just finished lifting as we speak. Got some good protein and trying to be consistent in going to the gym! Definetly not going for an ego lift and trying to do things proper. Also I have 0 interest in roids and will never take that garbage or pay for any of the "get strong bro" programs. Thanks for the advice bros! I am taking mental notes on all of this you guys wrote.

• +1
Reactions: Carolus
Im not an expert but all people who knew what the fuck they’re doing emphasized heavily on form, fuck the weights. Do it right, gains will come eventually.

• +1
Look for one exercise for each group of muscles, chest, shoulders etc, and do them at the same time, so do the whole body workout 3days per week and do some cardio on 2 days per week (I rode on the bicycle for an hour), and don't do this push up shit to lose weight, you won't lose any lmao. Buy some dumbbells and an exercise bench, calculate your calorie intake and there you go, I lost 50 lbs in one year doing that

wake up

get out of bed

walk to the fridge

pick up a tub of ice cream

eat

go back to bed

repeat