Looking for some honest opinions and recommendations on elevator shoes and their brands from people who have actually bought and tried them

kanderior

kanderior

Banned
Elevator shoes are a pretty niche thing so it's hard to find a lot of info about them online, and what little you can find usually involves obvious shilling by the companies involved. Like all industries that exploit a human insecurity (men and their height in this case) there's a lot of psychological manipulation, trickery and snake oil stuff done by the companies involved. So, assuming I want 1.6 to 2 inches/4-5 cm max of "true" height increase (as in, not including the heel), where do I start, what are the best options, and what should I know? I've been wearing lifts that give me a true height increase of 1.8-2 inches without a lot of problems, so I am aware of the potential discomfort such shoes can cause.

After a bad experience with Don's Footwear, and due to not having the budget for GuidoMaggi (are they worth it even if you do?), I've been looking at places like tallmenshoes.com, mariobertulli.com, chamaripashoes.com etc., but their sites look shady and unprofessional sometimes. And since it's next to impossible to find true honest opinions on them (the fake reviews on them really ring alarm bells in my head), I figured I can only trust people here who have actually tried and experimented with them. So far I've got my eye on these chelsea boots from Mario Bertulli.

Last edited:
What are your experiences with them? They claim they add 1.5 inches of height on their site, is that accurate?
U cant use them with the extra stack cuz it becomes too obvious since it doesn't compress. It's the most comvorotable lifts I ever tried and they retain the height they say the give

But the base only gives a solid 1 inch throughout the day. Maybe u can use the stacker with high profile shoes but I never tried

U cant use them with the extra stack cuz it becomes too obvious since it doesn't compress. It's the most comvorotable lifts I ever tried and they retain the height they say the give
Thanks, I'll keep them in mind. Lifts that don't compress is definitely something I've been searching for a long time.

Elevator shoes are a pretty niche thing so it's hard to find a lot of info about them online, and what little you can find usually involves obvious shilling by the companies involved. Like all industries that exploit a human insecurity (men and their height in this case) there's a lot of psychological manipulation, trickery and snake oil stuff done by the companies involved. So, assuming I want 1.6 to 2 inches/4-5 cm max of "true" height increase (as in, not including the heel), where do I start, what are the best options, and what should I know? I've been wearing lifts that give me a true height increase of 1.8-2 inches without a lot of problems, so I am aware of the potential discomfort such shoes can cause.

After a bad experience with Don's Footwear, and due to not having the budget for GuidoMaggi (are they worth it even if you do?), I've been looking at places like tallmenshoes.com, mariobertulli.com, chamaripashoes.com etc., but their sites look shady and unprofessional sometimes. And since it's next to impossible to find true honest opinions on them (the fake reviews on them really ring alarm bells in my head), I figured I can only trust people here who have actually tried and experimented with them. So far I've got my eye on these chelsea boots from Mario Bertulli.

Anything is possible! Don't ever give up! Keep grinding keep hustling, shoot for your dreams!​

• JFL
Reactions: schizo echochamber
But the base only gives a solid 1 inch throughout the day. Maybe u can use the stacker with high profile shoes but I never tried
fuck they look good but they only ship to the us
any other good high quality lifts/elevator shoes that arent overpriced knockoffs that decompress once you use them?

fuck they look good but they only ship to the us
any other good high quality lifts/elevator shoes that arent overpriced knockoffs that decompress once you use them?
Damn, just saw it. Tbh I've tried a bunch of lifts from Amazon and I don't think there's a lot of variation. And anyway, what's the difference in comfort between a, say, 5 cm lift that doesn't compress, and a 7 cm lift that compresses by 2 cm? In the end they're the same height.
As for elevator shoes, I'm beginning to suspect that unless I learn something new with this thread, the only truly viable solution is GuidoMaggi. They have actual physical stores and give you the full bespoke experience. They sit down with you, discuss options, take your foot measurements, can offer custom options and tailor the elevators to your needs, let you try different shoes etc. But they're quite expensive and not something I can currently do.

Damn, just saw it. Tbh I've tried a bunch of lifts from Amazon and I don't think there's a lot of variation. And anyway, what's the difference in comfort between a, say, 5 cm lift that doesn't compress, and a 7 cm lift that compresses by 2 cm? In the end they're the same height.
As for elevator shoes, I'm beginning to suspect that unless I learn something new with this thread, the only truly viable solution is GuidoMaggi. They have actual physical stores and give you the full bespoke experience. They sit down with you, discuss options, take your foot measurements, can offer custom options and tailor the elevators to your needs, let you try different shoes etc. But they're quite expensive and not something I can currently do.
The thing elevator shoes are generally non NT u want to wear NT shoes with lifts

the 7 cm ones take more space in ur shoe so more noticeable i guess

The thing elevator shoes are generally non NT u want to wear NT shoes with lifts
I've found plenty of normal-looking elevator shoes online. It's only once you go above 3.5 inches increase that they start to look ridiculous. That said, GuidoMaggi has chelsea boots with an advertised 4-inch increase that look normal, though I'm not sure how that works in practice. But without any actual non-shilled opinions from people who have bought them and tried them, I don't actually know anything about them.

Last edited:
Here. They ship to my country too through amazon. I guess these+40 mm heel boots might be a viable solution for a close to 2-inch increase.
what shoes do you wear with those lifts
elevators with these lifts for maximum height increase?

Honestly dude I’d just get the lifts the guy above talked about and forego elevators (I only wear 1 pair of elevators, and not all the time). I’ve blown over $1500 trying different pairs and have struggled to find one that actually gives more than 2” total of height while also being comfortable AND looking normal. Heightfrauding beyond 1” is super hard.

what shoes do you wear with those lifts
elevators with these lifts for maximum height increase?
I'm still looking for a good pair of ankle boots with a 4 cm heel and I haven't ordered the Mendez lifts yet (perhaps you meant to reply to Mezo103), but for now I wear the lifts I have with a pair of Solovair 6 Eye Derby Boots. I don't think it's possible to wear lifts with anything lower than that unless you buy elevator shoes designed for it.

Honestly dude I’d just get the lifts the guy above talked about and forego elevators (I only wear 1 pair of elevators, and not all the time). I’ve blown over $1500 trying different pairs and have struggled to find one that actually gives more than 2” total of height while also being comfortable AND looking normal. Heightfrauding beyond 1” is super hard.
struggled, but not failed?

• +1
Reactions: chadison
I'm still looking for a good pair of ankle boots with a 4 cm heel and I haven't ordered the Mendez lifts yet (perhaps you meant to reply to Mezo103), but for now I wear the lifts I have with a pair of Solovair 6 Eye Derby Boots. I don't think it's possible to wear lifts with anything lower than that unless you buy elevator shoes designed for it.
you dont use normal nt sneakers? they would fit fine in airforces imo

i see elevator shoes that claim to give 4 inches of height on tallmensshoes.com
are they bullshit?

• +1
are they bullshit?
All the claims are bullshit, usually a good way to know the true total height you can expect to get is to multiply the claim by 2/3.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28610
are they bullshit?
The closest thing I have found online to trustworthy info on elevator shoes' advertised vs real height increase is the comment section on this celebheights article. Rob answers a lot of questions there. But yeah, highly doubtful. Like chadison said, 2 inch increase (or 3 if you include the heel) is the absolute limit.

All the claims are bullshit, usually a good way to know the true total height you can expect to get is to multiply the claim by 2/3 to get the actual increase.
can i pm you questions about these tallmenshoes elevator shoes? you seem experienced with them

• +1
can i pm you questions about these tallmenshoes elevator shoes? you seem experienced with them
Do you think you could ask him here so everyone can benefit? If you feel comfortable doing it.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 28610
Do you think you could ask him here so everyone can benefit? If you feel comfortable doing it.
ill make a groupchat dont want tiktok lurkers knowing

• +1
Reactions: kanderior
All the claims are bullshit, usually a good way to know the true total height you can expect to get is to multiply the claim by 2/3.
Can confirm, my 7.5 cm insoles give me about 5 cm of height which fits that math.