Looks Metrics Aesthetics Curves: High–Low Symmetry

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Some looks measurements and ratios have pretty symmetric aesthetics curves, which means being above the ideal has the same PSL impact as being below the ideal.

Most looks measurements and ratios have more asymmetric aesthetics curves. They may be high- or low-favored. A high-favored looks metric has more severe PSL impacts under its ideal than over its ideal. A low-favored looks metric is the opposite: more PSL is deducted from going over ideal than from going under ideal.

Height is a high-favored metric. So is IPD.

44E27010 BFA4 4BD8 877E 0D79B77FC58E

The small penalty of an IPD that’s too wide isn’t as bad as the death sentence of an IPD that’s too narrow.

Looks metrics aesthetics curves’ shapes are very important. Some metrics have very pointy peaks; others are shaped more like plateaus. Some have long tails on the sides; others drop quickly to minus Infinity right outside the ideal. Some looks metrics aesthetics curves have very interesting shapes. The symmetry and skew of these curves are mega important. I think looks metrics aesthetics curves are things we should discuss on this forum to understand looks even better.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Blackgymmax, Deleted member 4614, chadsmith and 9 others
0, heres a reply

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and thecel
nice diagram

• +1
Reactions: thecel
good thread op

I was thinking at the same thing about muscles and ideal pysique
Once passed the ideal physique (something like david laid imo), becoming bigger starts becoming a failo instead of giving more points
It's like a curve
If you're skinny you get more points becoming bigger and getting closer to the ideal body
But bodybuilders who go above the ideal physique, get less points for being too big

• +1
functions me

• JFL