Making notes or watching a video to write a summary and study it

ascension!

ascension!

The next Chadlite™
Why at the time of doing this process when teachers ask me to do it at school or for example, when I see a video about science or biology in which I am quite interested, and I decide to make notes / write a summary to later study it and learn about the Topic I write exactly what the video mentions instead of just watching the video completely or at least twice and then re-writing what I learned? What is this called?

Thanks to this shit it took me almost two hours to copy exactly what a 20-minute video says, ROFL. Nigga, I really need to be advised when it comes to studying and doing or writing essays on a specific topic, something that is also difficult for me is the retention of information (or keeping what I've learned), I remember that about two weeks ago I did some research for my Methodology class which later I was asked to present it in front of the classroom (which forced me to study more) and I no longer remember anything of what I said, unless I read it again and study it.

This is too disgusting, I decided to make a thread asking about it because I was watching a video about why everything in the body is connected and its correlation with the universe and after watching 5 minutes, I only acquired certain information, so I saw myself in the need to restart the video and from that copy exactly the 5 minutes in my essay.