Malar and Jaw angle implants in same procedure as Jaw Surgery or wait until after to see how jaw surgery changes your face?

6ft4

Kraken
I am an underbite patient, my surgeon's plan is to advance my maxilla and advance my chin while also vertically reducing the chin
To vertically reduce the chin, part of the mandible must also be shaved so that the the contour of the mandible looks normal
My gonians are a bit narrower than zygos so I wanted to get jaw angle implants however..
I am now seeing that the issues I had with my mandible are largely due to prior orthodontics pushing my mandible back inwards to match the recession of my maxilla
This meant the mandible pushes out less against my soft tissue so my jaw looks more rounded, my gonial angle looks worse, my ramus look shorter and my gonians cannot be seen from the front

I am currently in an orthodontic plan that is bringing my mandible forward again and when I am in an underbite position, my mandible looks a bit better in all regards
When I jut my jaw forward more to where it should naturally be, my ramus looks long and my gonial angle looks completely fine
My mandible could still be a bit wider from the front but when I look at cases of underbite patients, many of their jaws appeared to go from rounded to square once their occlusion was surgically corrected

This is making me question whether I should push for jaw implants with my jaw surgery or wait to see how my jaw looks so that I can either decide if I'm happy with it without implants or if I would still like implant but now I can tell exactly what about my jaw is left to improve on and get a more accurate design to attain what I want

Regarding cheek/malar implants. my cheekbones don't have much that I think needs changing apart from the flatness directly under my eyes close to my nose
I asked my surgeon if he thought that area was recessed and he said he didn't think it was an issue but I can tell they look worse now compared to a few years ago due to fatpad loss so if I could fill that area I think it could make me look a few years younger,

If I was to get cheek implants along with jaw surgery, I may have to go conservative in terms of width because I don't want them to overpower my already smaller lower third
I remember someone here said that his surgeon designed implants for him but did not tell him before the surgery if he was going to place them or not because he said it's not possible to tell if they will improve you aesthetically until you've seen how the patients face looks once the lower maxilla has been moved forward with lefort.

I automatically assume that cheek implants + lefort would look better on me than just lefort but I am now thinking that maybe I should wait to see how my face looks without them before deciding on if I need them and what the design should be

Thoughts on this?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and PubertyMaxxer
This guy got implants during the surgery. Yes this doesnt answer your question.

Attachments

• D294BD5A-AC31-42C4-9B7E-31168D294021.jpeg
    D294BD5A-AC31-42C4-9B7E-31168D294021.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3F15E0D2-73F6-4F8A-9D47-61ADBF2893E2.jpeg
    3F15E0D2-73F6-4F8A-9D47-61ADBF2893E2.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: oldcelloser, ChristianChad, Deleted member and 1 other person
Better to have implant in a second procedure, AFAIK the results are more predictable that way.

Best course of action IMO would be to have jaw surgery first, wait months after all the swelling goes down and then have another consultation and planning for the implants to maximize aesthetic results.

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, ChristianChad, PubertyMaxxer and 2 others
are u severely lacking in malar area that you need them?

are u severely lacking in malar area that you need them?
actually if we go off this diagram, I am lacking in the anteromedial cheek region, my malar is not as bad

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
actually if we go off this diagram, I am lacking in the anteromedial cheek region, my malar is not as bad

View attachment 1722974
I'm also. I'm too afraid of getting these implants, tho. All results I've seen were gay or uncanny

Implants are absolutely dogshit IMO. Not worth the squeeze in any cases. And of course even if you did decide to get them it would be a simple order of operations:

Bimax and skin tightening/rejuvination combination for superior soft tissue reaction to hard tissue movement > Implants

Cheek implants are going to be brutal in the long run even if they're done well if you ask me. Just not worth the resorption risk.

I regret having filler, barely even look better from it and probably got some minor resorption by now. There's also the systemic negative effects of the filler or implant in your face. Removal of filler can also trigger an insanely fucked autoimmune reaction where your body almost eats its own collagen. So many horror stories online.

edit: also good thing to do prior to bimax would be to get your internal systems running and back online - get the minerals that run the enzymes that control for all internal control valves for stuff like inflammation and growth online and you'll have a faster recovery with less soft tissue stretching ((((muh broscience))))

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Prince88 and 6ft4
Bump good thread

Better to have implant in a second procedure, AFAIK the results are more predictable that way.

Best course of action IMO would be to have jaw surgery first, wait months after all the swelling goes down and then have another consultation and planning for the implants to maximize aesthetic results.

This is true... get the bimax THEN a year later do implants plus rhino if needed. That way the implants are tailored to your ACTUAL instead of projected post bimax results.

• +1
Reactions: 6ft4 and NegativeNorwood