Masseters hypertrophy method

butterworld

butterworld

5’8 mulattocel
So I'm hitting my usual neck curls at the gym and out of autistic inquiry I decided to replicate a controlled chewing motion. I perform neck curls with a 35 lb plate placed on my forehead, wearing a hoodie/hat to protect my skin. For each rep I slowly opened my mouth on the way down, and as I neck curled upwards I slowly closed my mouth and at the top of the rep, I did a slight clench. After finishing the set, I felt a pulsating pump in my masseters and they were fatigued for a good bit which indicated their part in curling the plate.

In theory this method of masesetters hypertrophy should beat clenching since the resistance of the weight allows you to progressively overload the muscle, and more muscle fibers will be broken which produces more growth.

This video should give you a rough idea on what chewing motion to replicate as your performing the neck curls:

Attachments

• 1706368924047.png
    1706368924047.png
    687.8 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Enlil, Corleone and RAMU KAKA
The masseter muscles are not under direct resistance - it feels difficult because the neck is overloaded, not the masseters.

Chewing is the only tried and true method to Hypertrophy the masseters.

• +1
Reactions: Corleone and RAMU KAKA
So I'm hitting my usual neck curls at the gym and out of autistic inquiry I decided to replicate a controlled chewing motion. I perform neck curls with a 35 lb plate placed on my forehead, wearing a hoodie/hat to protect my skin. For each rep I slowly opened my mouth on the way down, and as I neck curled upwards I slowly closed my mouth and at the top of the rep, I did a slight clench. After finishing the set, I felt a pulsating pump in my masseters and they were fatigued for a good bit which indicated their part in curling the plate.

In theory this method of masesetters hypertrophy should beat clenching since the resistance of the weight allows you to progressively overload the muscle, and more muscle fibers will be broken which produces more growth.

View attachment 2704123

This video should give you a rough idea on what chewing motion to replicate as your performing the neck curls:

View attachment 2704211

@RAMU KAKA shyad madad ho jae chewi maxxing mai

• Love it
Reactions: RAMU KAKA
  • +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA
Así que estoy haciendo mis habituales flexiones de cuello en el gimnasio y, debido a una investigación sobre autismo, decidí replicar un movimiento de masticación controlado. Realizo flexiones de cuello con una placa de 35 libras colocada en mi frente y uso una sudadera con capucha o un gorro para proteger mi piel. Para cada repetición, abrí lentamente la boca mientras bajaba y, mientras doblaba el cuello hacia arriba, cerré lentamente la boca y, en la parte superior de la repetición, apreté ligeramente. Después de terminar la serie, sentí un bombeo pulsante en mis maseteros y estuvieron fatigados por un buen rato, lo que indicaba su papel en el curvado de la placa.

En teoría este método de hipertrofia de masesetter debería ser mejor que apretar los puños ya que la resistencia del peso permite sobrecargar progresivamente el músculo, y se romperán más fibras musculares lo que produce más crecimiento.

View attachment 2704123

Este video debería darle una idea aproximada de qué movimiento de masticación debe replicar mientras realiza las flexiones del cuello:

View attachment 2704211