Melatonin - Height Growth - Potential mechanism of action (?)

D

Deleted member 29281

Iron
Since May of 2021 I've been taking Melatonin 1.8 mg each day. Sublingual form: https://www.rossmann.de/de/gesundheit-greendoc-melatonin-spray-intense-18-mg/p/4036581536962

Reason for why I take Melatonin? I had difficulties falling asleep. Melatonin helps greatly to fall asleep.

A few weeks ago a GP measured my height and weighed me. To my surprise he measured 178cm (5'10). I measured myself once more at home and confirmed the 178cm height.

Before 2021 I was 175cm (5'9). I know because I measured myself in 2018 before my septoplasty and was measured by doctors in the clinic.

Not that I am not happy, but why the growth? My growth plates surely are fused in my thirties. And why would Melatonin cause height growth - provided that it's the cause!? Sure, there is some tentative evidence that Melatonin might boost HGH, but with closed growth plates HGH won't make people grow.

I only take Melatonin. (I did take some antidepressants before 2020, but discontinued them at the beginning of 2020)

I am not sure what to make of it...

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Torb, User28823, Deleted member 28904 and 3 others
Did anyone experience something similar on Melatonin? Is this a common "side effect" (although I would call it "nice effect")!? Should I have a talk with my MD regarding this growth spurt anomaly?

• +1
Reactions: Torb
I am in my early 30s

• JFL
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: horizontallytall, Torb, hattrick and 2 others
i have it in my height growth stack it delays plate closure apparently, didnt know it could increase adult height

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Torb, hattrick, Deleted member 29281 and 1 other person
i have it in my height growth stack it delays plate closure apparently, didnt know it could increase adult height
25868.jpg

• Love it
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Glacier, Itsjoeverlol, Deleted member 28774 and 4 others
Since May of 2021 I've been taking Melatonin 1.8 mg each day. Sublingual form: https://www.rossmann.de/de/gesundheit-greendoc-melatonin-spray-intense-18-mg/p/4036581536962

Reason for why I take Melatonin? I had difficulties falling asleep. Melatonin helps greatly to fall asleep.

A few weeks ago a GP measured my height and weighed me. To my surprise he measured 178cm (5'10). I measured myself once more at home and confirmed the 178cm height.

Before 2021 I was 175cm (5'9). I know because I measured myself in 2018 before my septoplasty and was measured by doctors in the clinic.

Not that I am not happy, but why the growth? My growth plates surely are fused in my thirties. And why would Melatonin cause height growth - provided that it's the cause!? Sure, there is some tentative evidence that Melatonin might boost HGH, but with closed growth plates HGH won't make people grow.

I only take Melatonin. (I did take some antidepressants before 2020, but discontinued them at the beginning of 2020)

u have pituitary cancer, this dont make taller jfl

• Hmm...
Reactions: Torb and Deleted member 29281
also heard fucks natural sleep cycle

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Torb, Deleted member 21531 and Deleted member 29281
Some people mentioned that I had measured incorrectly, but I am quite aware how to properly measure a human's height.

Back in my twenties I was 176cm in the morning and 174cm in the late evening. 175cm median. (Sports and stretching didn't affect that in my case)

Bare feet of course ;)

I cannot explain the 178cm measurings.

I am unsure whether Melatonin is responsible but I cannot think of anything else.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Torb

bit of a weird question but do u need a perscription for melatonin

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Torb, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 29281
Where I live, most Melatonin supplements come as spray and are for sublingual use.

Until three years ago "we" Middle Europeans needed a prescription for Melatonin-"supplements". Getting it over the counter in the drugstore is a relatively "new" thing.

• +1
bit of a weird question but do u need a perscription for melatonin
No.

It's over the counter since 2020 or something. Before 2020 one needed a prescription.

• +1
Reactions: Torb and me1o
isn't that like 10x recommended dose? :feelshmm:

• Woah
  • +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Sir Galachad, Torb and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
U prob slept like shit before so ur spine was perma-compressed. Sleeping a lot and being well hydrated will decompress ur spine to the max.

• Woah
U prob slept like shit before so ur spine was perma-compressed. Sleeping a lot and being well hydrated will decompress ur spine to the max.
Could be an explanation.

• Hmm...
Ive started taking 3mg melatoninper night, is that too much?
Nah, it's fine. Typical dosages are in the range from 1mg to 5mg.

• +1
Strange experience I've had with Melatonin: 0,9mg didn't put me to sleep but rather on the contrary made me agitated and "aroused". 1.8mg give me perfect 7 hours of sleep. 2,7mg make me sleep 14 hours. I haven't got the guts to try higher dosages. Although it would be interesting to try 5mg. Just to see what happens...

• +1
Reactions: Torb and Deleted member 28904
Nah, it's fine. Typical dosages are in the range from 1mg to 5mg.
For How long can I take it? Days, weeks, months?

• +1
Oh, and the dreams on that stuff are "hyper".

• +1
Ive started taking 3mg melatoninper night, is that too much?
idk ppl say they get nightmares at 5mg, that's definitely too much

usually 200mcg is therapeutic dose

• Woah
  • Hmm...
I have read that Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM supplement combos can make people grow. The growth effect is only temporary. Apparently some fluid retention at spinal discs.

Not sure, but maybe Melatonin causes similiar fluid retention?

• +1
idk ppl say they get nightmares at 5mg, that's definitely too much

usually 200mcg is therapeutic dose
You get nightmares on 1mg.

It's nightmare stuff, even at low dosages.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Torb and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
raise your dose bro. 60mg.

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Glacier, Torb, Deleted member 29281 and 1 other person
You get nightmares on 1mg.

It's nightmare stuff, even at low dosages.
I took 3mg yesterday at 12 and was awake till 03. Should I up the dose to 5mg ?

• +1
  • +1
growth stops at 35, I've been saying this for years. Good job.

• +1
Here is my spray.

Attachments

• 1684252918503 - Kopie.jpg
    1684252918503 - Kopie.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1684252918506 - Kopie.jpg
    1684252918506 - Kopie.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1684252918514 - Kopie.jpg
    1684252918514 - Kopie.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1684252918518 - Kopie.jpg
    1684252918518 - Kopie.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1684252918525 - Kopie.jpg
    1684252918525 - Kopie.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1684252918530 - Kopie.jpg
    1684252918530 - Kopie.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1684252918533 - Kopie.jpg
    1684252918533 - Kopie.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: hattrick and Torb
I didn't grow on Melatonin, but I got visually bigger wrists and ankles. That's quite nice.

Although I don't like to take that stuff. Nightmares on that stuff will make you crazy.

cope thread only thing melatonin will do to you is give you sleepless nights after you stop it

• Woah

Antidepressents plus lack of sleep can heavily compress spine you prolly got good sleep on melatonin and ur spine got better