Reactions: currylightskin
Is Aspirin on acne legit?

chemical peels are legit for scars, BP and tret legit for active acne

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 18045
DONT TRY TOOTHPASTE
NIACINIMIDE HELPS

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371, Deleted member 15827, angloidcel and 1 other person
@AlexBrown84 has done multiple things for his acne scars, ask him.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18045
Benzoyl works but it bleaches clothes even if you have a trace amount on your face so be careful. It also lightens skin so can fallio if you have tan skin.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 16371 and Deleted member 18045
Benzoyl works but it bleaches clothes even if you have a trace amount on your face so be careful. It also lightens skin so can fallio if you have tan skin.
I have dark skin. I'm ethnic. I just need clear skin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Isotretinoin aka Accutane is the best we have against acne

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18045
Acne scars fixing

Laser resurfacing
Dermarolling
Chemical peels
Accutane
Salicylic acid
Benzoyl peroxide

Fixing active acne
Toothpaste (?)
Tea tree oil
Aspirin (?)
Please suggest
Antibiotic pills help but dangerous for gut bacteria need to balance with probiotics, clindamycin is really good at drying skin but not too much

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 18045 and ItsOverCel
Azelaic acid and tret combo. Salicylic exfoliation and a good moisturizer. One month you'll see the difference you'll be a new man

• +1
Reactions: Lygodactylus
Best ways to fix acne scar :
1. follow Dr. Davin Lim on insta an youtube he has superb results for acne scarring and explain what helps for scarring ,

also treatment depends on scar type there are 4 acne scar types that has to be treated different.

To prevent acne:
clean diet what to avoid: processed foods, dairy, (refined) sugar, white flour,
low carb would be ideal, increased IGF-1 levels in addition to androgens may influence acne in adult men and women.

What supplements help for acne:
Zincpicolinate
Silica gel (improves also skin softness and radiance)
Vitamine A (better to use beta caroten)
metformin (offlabel use) reduce oilness and acne and is much safer as accutane

Attachments

• Types-of-Acne-Scars.png
    Types-of-Acne-Scars.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Cidre enjoyer
I started using tretinoin with microneedling recently since it is much cheaper than laser/clinical treatment and easy. A study done on this combination has shown really incredible results: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

Out of 16 patients with Grade 4 scars, 10 (62.5%) patients improved to Grade 2 and 6 (37.5%) patients improved to Grade 3 scars. Out of 22 patients with Grade 3 scars, 5 (22.7%) patients were left with no scars, 2 (9.1%) patients improved to Grade 1and 15 (68.2%) patients improved to Grade 2. All 11 (100%) patients with Grade 2 scars were left with no scars.

Cheap pen I use: https://beautyora.com/products/ora-electric-microneedle-roller-derma-pen-system-0-25-2-0-mm-range

Pens are superior to dermarolling because the needle enters perfectly perpendicular to the skin. With the roller, the needles enter and exit on an angle, adding risk of tearing.

S  18579511

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101
I started using tretinoin with microneedling recently since it is much cheaper than laser/clinical treatment and easy. A study done on this combination has shown really incredible results: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

Cheap pen I use: https://beautyora.com/products/ora-electric-microneedle-roller-derma-pen-system-0-25-2-0-mm-range

Pens are superior to dermarolling because the needle enters perfectly perpendicular to the skin. With the roller, the needles enter and exit on an angle, adding risk of tearing.

View attachment 1641171
Has it cleared it for you? My issue is my scars are rolling but not super noticeable to anyone else but me. My temples and one on lower cheek are noticeable rolling scars though. Will this help and how long and how much a day? Also I get super red and feel it makes my skin worse is that common?

Has it cleared it for you? My issue is my scars are rolling but not super noticeable to anyone else but me. My temples and one on lower cheek are noticeable rolling scars though. Will this help and how long and how much a day? Also I get super red and feel it makes my skin worse is that common?
I've only started tretinoin a few weeks ago and microneedling 1 week ago. I can say with certainty that the tretinoin has already started to make a difference, but it's too early to say for the microneedling. If you read the study, the success rate for even the deepest scars was very high.

I've only started tretinoin a few weeks ago and microneedling 1 week ago. I can say with certainty that the tretinoin has already started to make a difference, but it's too early to say for the microneedling. If you read the study, the success rate for even the deepest scars was very high.
I e done tret before it drys me and make me red. If I just do microneedle will they vanish?

I e done tret before it drys me and make me red. If I just do microneedle will they vanish?
Probably not. Tret is likely the best thing out there. Might want to try it again and start more slowly.

acne scars do you mean the pitted holes where your face looks like craters on the moon or just marks leftover from acne. If latter I can help

alezaic acid came today before i hop on Accutane soon

Azelaic acid and tret combo. Salicylic exfoliation and a good moisturizer. One month you'll see the difference you'll be a new man
When do I apple azelaic acid? Twice a day?

When do I apple azelaic acid? Twice a day?
Yes. With tret in the night and in the morning. It can also whiten skin btw so discontinue use after a month or two .

• +1
Reactions: Lygodactylus
  • +1
Reactions: MrOrion
Best ways to fix acne scar :
1. follow Dr. Davin Lim on insta an youtube he has superb results for acne scarring and explain what helps for scarring ,

also treatment depends on scar type there are 4 acne scar types that has to be treated different.

To prevent acne:
clean diet what to avoid: processed foods, dairy, (refined) sugar, white flour,
low carb would be ideal, increased IGF-1 levels in addition to androgens may influence acne in adult men and women.

What supplements help for acne:
Zincpicolinate
Silica gel (improves also skin softness and radiance)
Vitamine A (better to use beta caroten)
metformin (offlabel use) reduce oilness and acne and is much safer as accutane
Where did u read about metformin for acne? Quick google shows it only helps if you have pcos

chemical peels are legit for scars, BP and tret legit for active acne
Chemical peels made me get acne scars jfl

What can I do to get rid of them they pretty young, I'm willing to get treatment like a laser or sum shit

What can I do to get rid of them they pretty young, I'm willing to get treatment like a laser or sum shit
Same

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101
If you have deeper atrophic scars, at home microneedling isn't going to do shit.

Look into:
RF microneedling
Ablative laser resurfacing (CO2 for hwite pipo or erbium yag for ethnics)
Subcision (helps raise tethered, rolling scars)
Medium/deep chemical peels (TCA 20%+, phenol peels)

• +1
Reactions: Clark69 and poopmaster22
If you have deeper atrophic scars, at home microneedling isn't going to do shit.

Look into:
RF microneedling
Ablative laser resurfacing (CO2 for hwite pipo or erbium yag for ethnics)
Subcision (helps raise tethered, rolling scars)
Medium/deep chemical peels (TCA 20%+, phenol peels)
What about ipl?

IDK for me peels were useful as they reduced the appearance and lightened the red marks greatly

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101 and reputation
What about ipl?
Not familiar with that treatment. Figure out what kind of scars you have (boxcar, icepick, rolling) then invest in treatments that target those scars.

Also watch Dr. Davin Lim and Dr. Dray on youtube. They know a lot about treating acne scars

Attachments

• 960408006_00EfficacyAccordingtoStudies.jpg.b93cc8f79f079696bf2466c9779f55aa.jpg
    960408006_00EfficacyAccordingtoStudies.jpg.b93cc8f79f079696bf2466c9779f55aa.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 0
Acne scars fixing

Laser resurfacing
Dermarolling
Chemical peels
Accutane
Salicylic acid
Benzoyl peroxide

Fixing active acne
Toothpaste (?)
Tea tree oil
Aspirin (?)