Microbes (P. Acnes) causing male pattern baldness?

L

Lawton88

Kraken

The distinct balding pattern in AGA is formed by progressive follicular miniaturization and subsequent balding on the vertex, while hair follicles on the occipital region remains typical. To investigate the association of microbiota with phenotype, PERMANOVA pairwise comparisons were performed between the occipital and vertex regions on patients and controls (Table 2). Overall, relative abundances of various genera in patient vertex (PV) were significantly different from control occipital (CO) and control vertex (CV) samples in middle and lower portions (P-value < 0.05) (Table 2A). We repeated PERMANOVA with the miniaturized samples removed, which resulted in no significant difference in the comparisons (Table 2B), suggesting that the change in microbiota is mainly associated with hair miniaturization. Comparison between the microbiota in miniaturized and non-miniaturized patient vertex samples showed that, in the middle portion, P. acnes abundance was increased with decreased Burkholderia spp. abundance; while M. komagatae, Sphingomonadaceae and Brevibacterium were decreased in the lower portion (Table 3A and 3B, Figs 3 and 4). In addition, PO lower portion was significantly different from CO; we found that P. acnes abundance increased with significance while Brevibacterium abundance decreased (Table 3C, Figs 3 and 4).

It has been reported that P. acnes and residential microflora of the hair and skin can elicit innate immune responses through toll like receptor 2 (TLR2) and up-regulation of anti-microbial peptides including β-defensin (DEFB1) [23, 24]. Through RNA sequencing of lower portion subset samples, several genes in antigen presentation and Th-1, Th-2 inflammatory pathways were found to be elevated in miniaturized hair follicles [25, 26]. Hence, we analyzed transcriptomic expression for genes involved in microbial response, the expression level of genes involved in responses to microbes such as Toll Like Receptor-2 (TLR2), DEFB1, Interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF1), monocyte marker CD14, and Langerhans cell marker CD1a/CD207 were increased in miniaturized compared to non-miniaturized hair follicles [2729] (Fig 5). These changes suggest that elevated immune responses and immune cell infiltration corresponded with increased P. acnes abundance.

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
It's caused by Genetics.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
tldlr

• +1
Reactions: lasthope
It's caused by Genetics.

How do you explain the majority of cases having this microbe pattern and also having tight scalps compared to the people not affected that much.

I’ll make sure to wash my hands after interacting with bald men from now on. Don’t want to catch the bald disease :feelshah:

• JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Osteogenesis
How do you explain the majority of cases having this microbe pattern and also having tight scalps compared to the people not affected that much.
It's cope by people who can't accept the fact that they were born with shit genes.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and lasthope
cope.

then how the fuck fin stop&reverse hair loss by blocking dht ?

cope.

then how the fuck fin stop&reverse hair loss by blocking dht ?

I am thinking it might be the irritation from a tight scalp and certain microbes that make DHT more likely to do that to your hair. I was really surprised when I saw the lower incidents of NW4 - NW7s when out looking at people when comparing flatter heads to rounder heads.

I am thinking it might be the irritation from a tight scalp and certain microbes that make DHT more likely to do that to your hair. I was really surprised when I saw the lower incidents of NW4 - NW7s when out looking at people when comparing flatter heads to rounder heads.
hmm that kinda makes sense

how to prevent it ?

how to prevent it ?

That is a tough one. I have some thinning going on now which I guess isn't too bad for my age but I have started scalp massages to loosen my scalp and I am taking some K2 hoping that will help decalcify my scalp if that is an issue. Also I am doing some basic inversion off the side of the bed a few times a week.

I would like to see what would happen if someone in their teens had already started balding and did those things plus treated the P. Acnes. I wonder if it might at least halt the hair loss. I guess if there wasn't much of an effect it would mean their DHT is just running wild on their hair regardless of their scalp issues. It just seems crazy that head shapes etc. would correlate that much with also having DHT run wild if there was no connection at all.