Minoxidil side effects?

badamcel

badamcel

jelqing rn
I’ve read a shit ton of threads about how minox can give you heart palpitations, make you suffer extreme collagen loss, make your skin shit and also an article about how it can make you lose eyesight. I’m 17, is it safe for me to use? I alrdy bought a 5% minox thing and i use it for my thin eyebrows. Some high iq nigga lmk

Mogging too hard.
But on a serious note it can deteriorate your collagen.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer, Deleted member 43934 and LooksThinker
put vaseline around your eyebrows before applying it, shouldn't be a problem

• +1
Reactions: badamcel
not a lot of side effects besides making your dick fat

• JFL
Reactions: IMOGYOU
minoxidil inhibits LH through competitive inhibition (minoxidil binds to LH active site and denatures the LH enzyme), this results in decreased pyridine cross link formations which reduces collagen production

I just turned 17 is it still the same for me since i’m young and have alot of collagen up my ass?
Moisturize daily and you're fine.

• JFL
Reactions: Krakowski
the crux about minox side effects is the locality. if the side effects are contained within the region of local application, then it's not so bad. like, if you apply minox to eyebrows and get eyebrow shedding, eyebrow collagen decrease, etc, it doesn't matter that much really, but the trouble is when these side effects affect you systemically.

I wonder if it's really possible to keep minoxidil local with low doses

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
the crux about minox side effects is the locality. if the side effects are contained within the region of local application, then it's not so bad. like, if you apply minox to eyebrows and get eyebrow shedding, eyebrow collagen decrease, etc, it doesn't matter that much really, but the trouble is when these side effects affect you systemically.

Does smearing vaseline around your eyebrows before applying make it more local? Someone mentioned doing that before

Does smearing vaseline around your eyebrows before applying make it more local? Someone mentioned doing that before

I have no idea whether that is a good idea, but even if it is, why would it have any relation to locality? perhaps it just adds an extra layer of protection to the (local) skin

• +1
Reactions: badamcel
u asked for fucking high iq and blatantly ignored me jfl

Nice thread I think I'm gonna just pray for thicker eyebrows boom

i wanted to start using it on my thinning hair but got scared, i read that it causes initial shred that cannot be regained (because once you stop with minox on hair the gains aren’t forever).

So if i stop using it once i’m done i’ll lose my gaines and also the hair that shredded with the initials shred (if that makes sense)

I wanted to pair it with Finasteride but idk if that could stop the initial shred or reduce it

i wanted to start using it on my thinning hair but got scared, i read that it causes initial shred that cannot be regained (because once you stop with minox on hair the gains aren’t forever).

So if i stop using it once i’m done i’ll lose my gaines and also the hair that shredded with the initials shred (if that makes sense)

I wanted to pair it with Finasteride but idk if that could stop the initial shred or reduce it
Apparently after 2 years it becomes permanent

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
Apparently after 2 years it becomes permanent
Yeah i read that from some other place, i don’t know if it’s true tho

So if i use it on my eyebrows will some hairs fall off in the beginning or what shred mean? also i’ve read it becomes permanent after 1-2 years

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
unless u are norwood 3 upwards i would just take fin and get a ht