More info showing why MSM is an S tier supplement (Growth hormone inducing? Cortisol Blocking)

morticious

morticious

Iron
Alongside its skin-lightening (and somewhat eye-lightening for myself and some others on the internet) properties, MSM is also used as a supplement to help with skin and hair health. It's also good for the joints and can help keep morning height throughout the day. However, I recently saw this post that scared the shit out of me. I'm trying to maximize my puberty, and glucosamine and MSM are commonly used in conjunction with each other. What if MSM had similar IGF-1 blocking effects?

Luckily, I was proven wrong. In this study by some South Korean researchers, "MSM was not toxic to osteoblastic cells and MSCs. MSM increased the expression of GH-related proteins including IGF-1R, p-IGF-1R, STAT5b, p-STAT5b, and Jak2 in osteoblastic cells and MSCs. MSM increased IGF-1R and GHR mRNA expression in osteoblastic cells." They also found that "MSM and GH, separately or in combination, activated GH signaling via the Jak2/STAT5b pathway in UMR-106 cells."

Their conclusion was that "MSM increased ALP activity and the mineralization of MSCs. Taken together, these results indicated that MSM can promote osteogenic differentiation of MSCs through activation of STAT5b." This is important as MSCs are Mesenchymal stem cells, which "are multipotent stem cells found in bone marrow that are important for making and repairing skeletal tissues, such as cartilage, bone and the fat found in bone marrow."

Alongside this, another study by Korean researchers from Konkuk University investigated MSM's effects on how MSM reduces the negative effect of the stress hormone cortisol on muscle cells. The researchers exposed muscle cells to cortisol and 50 millimoles of MSM and looked at the effect on p53, SDHA, and HPRT1.

And yes: MSM blocked the effects of cortisol.

While the results from these studies aren't proven to be drastic, with all of its other benefits, I don't see why more people don't take MSM. Just try it! Personally, I take 5g daily.

Open to any differentiating opinions, we can discuss!

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: zeshama, copeistani, GalacticHero and 21 others
insane
I love you buddy
all your threads are amazing
tag me once you finish your next thread:feelsez:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14561 and incel194012940
I'm taking 10g daily with 3g of Vitamin C

my skin is getting lighter while getting also more rosy = more pheomelanin
my energy has increases too
I've taking it for a while now maybe 2 months+

skin quality is much better too
@AscendingHero

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, looksseg, Kmscurry and 3 others
Alongside its skin-lightening (and somewhat eye-lightening for myself and some others on the internet) properties, MSM is also used as a supplement to help with skin and hair health. It's also good for the joints and can help keep morning height throughout the day. However, I recently saw this post that scared the shit out of me. I'm trying to maximize my puberty, and glucosamine and MSM are commonly used in conjunction with each other. What if MSM had similar IGF-1 blocking effects?

Luckily, I was proven wrong. In this study by some South Korean researchers, "MSM was not toxic to osteoblastic cells and MSCs. MSM increased the expression of GH-related proteins including IGF-1R, p-IGF-1R, STAT5b, p-STAT5b, and Jak2 in osteoblastic cells and MSCs. MSM increased IGF-1R and GHR mRNA expression in osteoblastic cells." They also found that "MSM and GH, separately or in combination, activated GH signaling via the Jak2/STAT5b pathway in UMR-106 cells."

Their conclusion was that "MSM increased ALP activity and the mineralization of MSCs. Taken together, these results indicated that MSM can promote osteogenic differentiation of MSCs through activation of STAT5b." This is important as MSCs are Mesenchymal stem cells, which "are multipotent stem cells found in bone marrow that are important for making and repairing skeletal tissues, such as cartilage, bone and the fat found in bone marrow."

Alongside this, another study by Korean researchers from Konkuk University investigated MSM's effects on how MSM reduces the negative effect of the stress hormone cortisol on muscle cells. The researchers exposed muscle cells to cortisol and 50 millimoles of MSM and looked at the effect on p53, SDHA, and HPRT1.

View attachment 1682336

While the results from these studies aren't proven to be drastic, with all of its other benefits, I don't see why more people don't take MSM. Just try it! Personally, I take 5g daily.

Does it help inducing gh effects in chondroblasts and chondrocytes.

• +1
Reactions: MEGA CHAD
I'm taking 10g daily with 3g of Vitamin C

my skin is getting lighter while getting also more rosy = more pheomelanin
my energy has increases too
I've taking it for a while now maybe 2 months+

skin quality is much better too
@AscendingHero
😍😍😍😍😍😍

i plan on megadosing it 24,000mg like i said along with glutathione and NAC

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, KING REIDYZ, Deleted member 15827 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: enchanted_elixir, HQNPmaxxing and π€π¬π¬π²π«π’πšπ§ π–πšπ«π«π’π¨π«
  • +1
Reactions: π€π¬π¬π²π«π’πšπ§ π–πšπ«π«π’π¨π«
I thought it's useless anything more than 5,000 mg
nope, from anecdotes
but the effect will diminish the higher you go

• Love it
Reactions: bogii

View attachment 1682336

best of the best asap

• Love it
Reactions: π€π¬π¬π²π«π’πšπ§ π–πšπ«π«π’π¨π«
kind of a bump

• +1
Reactions: π€π¬π¬π²π«π’πšπ§ π–πšπ«π«π’π¨π« and incel194012940
Bad if you have too much heavy metals in the body.

Otherwise it's very good

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17345
perhaps this was the key to my growth, before I used to consume 10g a day until it was over.

in my country it costs 160 usd x 1kg.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
Someone noted lighter eyes with MSM?

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
perhaps this was the key to my growth, before I used to consume 10g a day until it was over.

in my country it costs 160 usd x 1kg.
how much u grew and what source u had?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22886 and mvp2v1
fuck it I'll take it then