Most of us are Unable to Accurately - BDD and how you View Other's Faces

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Mod/chef of the Narcy pirates 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️
Staff
General premise:

People who suffer from body dysmorphia which is defined as an obsessive compulsion to think about your own appearance. This is thought to be caused by a mix of factors ranging from genetic to societal factors. However they have concluded a large portion of the issues regarding facial analysis taking place in the brain due to an overactive visual processing system in the brain.

This stops the person with BDD from viewing a face as a whole instead opting to view individual features, they are also found to view faces in an unusual and seemingly random way when neurotypical people follow a specific way seemingly natural to them.

This means that, we don't actually see faces the same way as neurotypical people.

Scientific shit innit:

From this study The results state the following

AN - anorexia, BDD - body dysmorphic disorder
Compared to HCs, AN and BDD had lower attractiveness ratings for others’ bodies and faces for high-detail and low-detail images, rated bodies as more overweight, and were more triggered to think of their own appearance for faces and bodies. In AN, symptom severity was associated with greater triggering of thoughts of own appearance and higher endorsement of overweight ratings for bodies. In BDD, symptom severity was associated with greater triggering of thoughts of own appearance for bodies and higher overweight ratings for low-detail images. BDD was more triggered to think of own facial appearance than AN.​
This basically means our ratings are more harsh than the average person in a legitimate scientific sense completely ignoring for any virtue signaling taking place.
We are also found to link our appearance to the person being rated which means we are unable to be truly objective.

From this
study the following is found
Results Subjects with BDD showed greater left hemisphere activity relative to controls, particularly in lateral prefrontal cortex and lateral temporal lobe regions for all face tasks (and dorsal anterior cingulate activity for the low spatial frequency task). Controls recruited left-sided prefrontal and dorsal anterior cingulate activity only for the high spatial frequency task.

Conclusions Subjects with BDD demonstrate fundamental differences from controls in visually processing others' faces. The predominance of left-sided activity for low spatial frequency and normal faces suggests detail encoding and analysis rather than holistic processing, a pattern evident in controls only for high spatial frequency faces. These abnormalities may be associated with apparent perceptual distortions in patients with BDD. The fact that these findings occurred while subjects viewed others' faces suggests differences in visual processing beyond distortions of their own appearance.

The general conclusion for this is that we do not view faces the same as normal people, meaning we are mentally unable to view faces not just our own completely differently as to others.

This is because of the different activity levels in different parts of the brain show we don't have the same thought process when looking at faces.

CREDS TO @SendMePicsToRate

• +1
Reactions: angelo, thecel, Deleted member 2729 and 1 other person
dnrd + bdd is just being self-aware

Im tired of this made up jew mental illnesses

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: NateJacobs, angelo, Deleted member 14262 and 12 others
@Alexanderr @Gargantuan @Kingkellz @her does this deserve a pin

• Ugh..
Reactions: thecel
psl and looks theory completely change how we see others and ourselves, and when you realize blackpill is correct

• +1
Reactions: angelo, horizontallytall, Cardiologyscribe and 2 others
no mental illness for my face

it's true tbh

everyone (including myself) became worse looking ever since i started browsing this forum, people i once considered good looking now look recessed and average to me. i could always tell that something looked "off" about certain people before PSL but now i can exactly pin point all the good and bad features within seconds of seeing a face.

i haven't looked at faces as a whole in a long time, all i see now are individual features.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: bronzeagepervert, angelo, horizontallytall and 8 others
i think the main cause of BDD is just lense distortion honestly

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: WagedandReady, Deleted member 1990, thecel and 3 others
Psychiatry\psychology was always a means of pathologizing gentile culture and behavior

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bronzeagepervert, holdmeover, WagedandReady and 1 other person
I think the best way to judge your face is look at it as far as you can away from the mirror, and just notice if the general structure and harmony of the face looks good. If you stare at anyones face long enough youll notice a flaw eventually:

This is why facial harmony is more important than anything else. Imagine youre gandy and you keep thinking "oh my nose is shaped weird, my jaw isnt a perfect gonial angle, my ears are sticking out". focusing on these flaws are irrelevant when the overall is good. looking at yourself from farther away mitigates that bdd effect

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: JawMogger, bronzeagepervert, angelo and 4 others
bdd is only a real disorder when others find you attractive

• +1
Reactions: JawMogger, bronzeagepervert, angelo and 1 other person
it's true tbh

everyone (including myself) became worse looking ever since i started browsing this forum, people i once considered good looking now look recessed and average to me. i could always tell that something looked "off" about certain people before PSL but now i can exactly pin point all the good and bad features within seconds of seeing a face.

i haven't looked at faces as a whole in a long time, all i see now are individual features.
Yep, and the problem is on photos/video these individual features stand out even more. Especially assymetries

No BDD if you're incel at 20, it's just pure harsh reality

Think this thread is legit my brain definitely got permanently fried by lookism and constant exposure to male models

• +1
Reactions: Lopsided Chad Lite and angelo
Only people that can have BDD is women and that's because they are retarded.

Men are just honest with themselves

General premise:

People who suffer from body dysmorphia which is defined as an obsessive compulsion to think about your own appearance. This is thought to be caused by a mix of factors ranging from genetic to societal factors. However they have concluded a large portion of the issues regarding facial analysis taking place in the brain due to an overactive visual processing system in the brain.

This stops the person with BDD from viewing a face as a whole instead opting to view individual features, they are also found to view faces in an unusual and seemingly random way when neurotypical people follow a specific way seemingly natural to them.

This means that, we don't actually see faces the same way as neurotypical people.

Scientific shit innit:

From this study The results state the following

AN - anorexia, BDD - body dysmorphic disorder

This basically means our ratings are more harsh than the average person in a legitimate scientific sense completely ignoring for any virtue signaling taking place.
We are also found to link our appearance to the person being rated which means we are unable to be truly objective.

From this
study the following is found

The general conclusion for this is that we do not view faces the same as normal people, meaning we are mentally unable to view faces not just our own completely differently as to others.

This is because of the different activity levels in different parts of the brain show we don't have the same thought process when looking at faces.

CREDS TO @SendMePicsToRate
I don’t obsess over features until it’s obvious that that is what is holding me back. Just looking at myself I know I don’t look like Robert Pattinson or kj apa or a tiktok guy. I come here because I need help in identifying the why, ie a bad maxilla on me. This is why I don’t believe I have bdd

psl and looks theory completely change how we see others and ourselves, and when you realize blackpill is correct
Some psl is absurd ie saying actors and model that are heaeththrobs should get plastic surgery. But the overall ideas have held true from what I see

• +1
Reactions: Lopsided Chad Lite
bdd is only a real disorder when others find you attractive
Some people have said I’m attractive or showed signs of interested. But I’ve read enough to realize that I am not gl enough to warrant the attention. Therefore I avoid them so I am not made fun of