MSE for 5 mm

EsotericPaternalism

EsotericPaternalism

Iron
I'm planning on getting MSE and expanding 5 mm from 36/37 to 41/42 because my lower is already 41/42mm

Is this worth it? Should I instead go for as much as expansion as possible and get something for my lower jaw as well?

go for more tbh, 50mm IMW

go for more tbh, 50mm IMW
I'm thinking about that - I'm still a teenager as well..I'd have to get something else for the lower as well though

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
If you dont have a crossbite, you need to get msdo also.

• +1
I'm planning on getting MSE and expanding 5 mm from 36/37 to 41/42 because my lower is already 41/42mm

Is this worth it? Should I instead go for as much as expansion as possible and get something for my lower jaw as well?
Are you trying to achieve also forward growth or only palatal widening?

Are you trying to achieve also forward growth or only palatal widening?
I need both. I know MSE won't give forward growth but I may as well do what I can.

I'm thinking about that - I'm still a teenager as well..I'd have to get something else for the lower as well though
Honestly, try to get as much expansion as possible, and use a facepuller alongside it for forward growth

Honestly, try to get as much expansion as possible, and use a facepuller alongside it for forward growth
That's what I was thinking but the ortho doesn't think the mandible will respond.

Get like 6-7mm if your mandible is already 5mm wider.

It should adapt to that little difference, and this would be the highest expansion you could get without doing something for lower jaw.

@Sergio-OMS said someone getting 10-12mm expansion would see more cosmetic results.
Also pretty pointless to spend over 3k for 5mm of expansion. Most mse orthodontists use 10mm or 12mm expanders anyway because it is better according to Dr. Ting

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Deleted member 5385
@Sergio-OMS said someone getting 10-12mm expansion would see more cosmetic results.
Also pretty pointless to spend over 3k for 5mm of expansion. Most mse orthodontists use 10mm or 12mm expanders anyway because it is better according to Dr. Ting
Yeah it's 3x that for the MSE+Braces...if I convince the ortho to do that much I would have to get MSE as well right..what's the price range on that?

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
Yeah it's 3x that for the MSE+Braces...if I convince the ortho to do that much I would have to get MSE as well right..what's the price range on that?
Have you found an orthodontist who’s willing to do MSE yet? You should be worrying about this later. The prices should be the same even if you expand to 10 or 12mm, because no matter what you will have a 10 or 12mm expander. It’s just how much you can expand based on your biology and occlusion. Also, I wanna point out that the expansion doesn’t always go to 8,10, or 12mm, because everyone’s bones are different and the force can push more or less than the expected mm.

Have you found an orthodontist who’s willing to do MSE yet? You should be worrying about this later. The prices should be the same even if you expand to 10 or 12mm, because no matter what you will have a 10 or 12mm expander. It’s just how much you can expand based on your biology and occlusion. Also, I wanna point out that the expansion doesn’t always go to 8,10, or 12mm, because everyone’s bones are different and the force can push more or less than the expected mm.
Yes, I have. We've already talked a ton about it and have appointments...but now I'm not so sure that I'd be satisfied with just 5mm and no facemask.

Yes, I have. We've already talked a ton about it and have appointments...but now I'm not so sure that I'd be satisfied with just 5mm and no facemask.
Ok good, bring up upper molar lingual torquing and lower molar buccal flaring. If he declined, ask for an alveolar bone lower arch expander for $250 extra. Why no facemask?

Ok good, bring up upper molar lingual torquing and lower molar buccal flaring. If he declined, ask for an alveolar bone lower arch expander for $250 extra. Why no facemask?
Ok, I will. They said no facemask because they don't think the mandible will respond.

I want to get 8-10mm of expansion but idk if I can get that much having it done for medical reasons. I extremely doubt I could get a facemask

Ok, I will. They said no facemask because they don't think the mandible will respond.
It will when you have a CCW rotation of the maxilla. Bring up the force vector of the FM, tell them if you have it at -30° force vector, the posterior maxilla will pull downward and forward, and forces the anterior maxilla to be pulled counterclockwise.
Won Moon’s study about this:
“Post-MI-FM [−30°], simulating intermaxillary elastics to micro-implants, mainly translates the maxilla forward, with very slight upward tipping of the anterior region. Of all the simulations, Post-MI-FM [−30°] most closely resembles pure anterior protraction of the maxilla and would benefit class III patients with severe mid-facial deficiency. This suggests that a 30° vector for intermaxillary class III elastics between micro-implants is most effective in promoting the anterior growth of maxilla.”

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
It will when you have a CCW rotation of the maxilla. Bring up the force vector of the FM, tell them if you have it at -30° force vector, the posterior maxilla will pull downward and forward, and forces the anterior maxilla to be pulled counterclockwise.
“Post-MI-FM [−30°], simulating intermaxillary elastics to micro-implants, mainly translates the maxilla forward, with very slight upward tipping of the anterior region. Of all the simulations, Post-MI-FM [−30°] most closely resembles pure anterior protraction of the maxilla and would benefit class III patients with severe mid-facial deficiency. This suggests that a 30° vector for intermaxillary class III elastics between micro-implants is most effective in promoting the anterior growth of maxilla.”
Ok, I suppose I will attempt to convince them.

I want to get 8-10mm of expansion but idk if I can get that much having it done for medical reasons. I extremely doubt I could get a facemask
Have you gotten an ENT’s consent to have you get MSE? Also have you watched Ronald’s video about this topic:

He talks about this and how hard it is to get MSE for health reasons especially when the autistic orthodontist wants you to go to an ENT to check your nasal airway and they have 0 clue what MSE is and don’t realize the reason is because your narrow palate and recessed mandible.
In my opinion, it is smarter for you to say you want MSE and FM for cosmetics instead of health even if it costs more, because
1. It’s hard to have it done for health
2. You can get more out of MSE+FM, because they will expand only to fix your health not your face.

• +1
Reactions: retard and Deleted member 4053
Have you gotten an ENT’s consent to have you get MSE? Also have you watched Ronald’s video about this topic:

He talks about this and how hard it is to get MSE for health reasons especially when the autistic orthodontist wants you to go to an ENT to check your nasal airway and they have 0 clue what MSE is and don’t realize the reason is because your narrow palate and recessed mandible.
In my opinion, it is smarter for you to say you want MSE and FM for cosmetics instead of health even if it costs more, because
1. It’s hard to have it done for health
2. You can get more out of MSE+FM, because they will expand only to fix your health not your face.

I would but I do not have the money
It would be 2 years of wage slaving and I don't think it would be worth it at that point
and since I'm 15 I need my parents on board, they would no longer be on board with it if I said it was for cosmetic reasons
I've watched every single ronald ead video

That's what I was thinking but the ortho doesn't think the mandible will respond.
Still worth it doe,

This might help

I would but I do not have the money
It would be 2 years of wage slaving and I don't think it would be worth it at that point
and since I'm 15 I need my parents on board, they would no longer be on board with it if I said it was for cosmetic reasons
I've watched every single ronald ead video
That is brutal, maybe get rid of your dental insurance lol. Then you can tell them you want it for both health and cosmetic.

That simulation also caused downward movement of the maxilla doe

That simulation also caused downward movement of the maxilla doe
Which one? They simulated many force vectors and the MARPE positions on the maxilla.
this is what we’re looking for

Attachments

• FE36AB9B-7E9A-4D9E-ABAD-5DC0358797A5.jpeg
    FE36AB9B-7E9A-4D9E-ABAD-5DC0358797A5.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 20
Which one? They simulated many force vectors and the MARPE positions on the maxilla.
You said Post-MI-FM [−30], that is simulation G

What about your mandible, no one seems to have a answer to this

For that on you have to pull +30 degree angle from in between the roots of the canine and first premolar

What about your mandible, no one seems to have a answer to this
Bro u are autistic, we are talking about the mandible right now

• +1
Reactions: Eezz
For that on you have to pull +30 degree angle from in between the roots of the canine and first premolar
Yes. But MSE is on the back of the maxilla, so we must pull downward

• +1

Attachments

• 72F6F099-BB5C-4AD7-8158-5DBD89293073.jpeg
    72F6F099-BB5C-4AD7-8158-5DBD89293073.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 19
What do you need to know? How the mandible follows? The mandible auto rotates
The mandible wont follow, that was already proven

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
Show me where it was proven.
Ive seen a lot of threads explaining it @retard seems to know about this
Ronalds mandible didnt also

probably not worth it for 5mm especially for the price
from 15 to 16 years old i got 6mm expansion from 38 to 44mm just from mewing so you can try that if youre young

Ive seen a lot of threads explaining it @retard seems to know about this
Ronalds mandible didnt also
Nigga u are slow? we are talking about the mandible expanding sagitally not transversely. The mandible can’t expand transversely because there is no suture. Jesus you are autistic

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
Nigga u are slow? we are talking about the mandible expanding sagitally not transversely. The mandible can’t expand transversely because there is no suture. Jesus you are autistic
Oh well am not very knowledgeable tbh
Then what about transversale growth ?
You need your lower jaw to match your upper

Oh well am not very knowledgeable tbh
Then what about transversale growth ?
You need your lower jaw to match your upper
If you are talking about jaws and bite, then yes MSDO or IMDO. If we are talking bite only then we have many options
1. SFOT
2. uppers Lingual torquing and lowers buccal flaring or buccal uprighting
3. A lower arch alveolar bone expander like hyrax or quad helix expander

Yes. But MSE is on the back of the maxilla, so we must pull downward
Still causes downward movement doe, when i get MSE I might also wear a facepuller that pulls from the same place as Simulation F with the same angle

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
@Aeons is MSE and MARPE 2 completely different surgeries?

@Aeons is MSE and MARPE 2 completely different surgeries?
Mse is a type of marpe. They’re not surgeries, MSE is better because it provides a parallel split

• +1
Mse is a type of marpe. They’re not surgeries, MSE is better because it provides a parallel split
But can you do the force thing at a given direction with MSE?

Also whats the cost of 10mm of MSE?

Still causes downward movement doe, when i get MSE I might also wear a facepuller that pulls from the same place as Simulation F with the same angle
It’s not downward, it’s just very slight upward movement of the anterior maxilla, which sucks. But it is what it is tbh.

But can you do the force thing at a given direction with MSE?

Also whats the cost of 10mm of MSE?
Yes, cost depends on the orthodontist usually around 5k-15k for mse+braces+retainers

• +1
Yes, cost depends on the orthodontist usually around 5k-15k for mse+braces+retainers
FUCK, gonna have to wageslave till then, thanks for the help bro :)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020
Last edited:
So I’ll reference this when trying to convince ortho? Anything else u think I should include? If they still say no I guess I’ll just remain with them and try getting as much expansion as possible.

So I’ll reference this when trying to convince ortho? Anything else u think I should include? If they still say no I guess I’ll just remain with them and try getting as much expansion as possible.
Just try that, yes.