MSE Implications

D

Deleted member 6111

Solstice
In contact with Dr Hirani's office about proceeding with MSE, should have an appointment in December. Question is, would MSE prevent me from being able to go ahead with other procedures, for example in the way that Bimax can preclude MSE? I'm also intending to get bimax after MSE so was wondering if there are any other procedures which go well with MSE which I should be considering BEFORE bimax e.g. BSSO MDO chin wing, implant etc?

In contact with Dr Hirani's office about proceeding with MSE, should have an appointment in December. Question is, would MSE prevent me from being able to go ahead with other procedures, for example in the way that Bimax can preclude MSE? I'm also intending to get bimax after MSE so was wondering if there are any other procedures which go well with MSE which I should be considering BEFORE bimax e.g. BSSO MDO chin wing, implant etc?
Totally not. It's the opposite. Bimax/BSSO will leave fixators potentially forever on your skull so it's important to get the mse done before.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6111
For reference I'm primaily looking to widen palate/fix bite with MSE, and potentially widen the midface, although breathing is the primary underlying motivation. WIth bimax Im looking to fix asymmetries and hopefully see more forward growth, although I do not think that is my number one issue (my face is a bit flat but not nightmarishly so, and only very slightly recessed). (Also intending to get septorhinoplasty and see taban for unilateral ptosis and eyebrow asymmetry but wanna sort out jaw first)

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
Totally not. It's the opposite. Bimax/BSSO will leave fixators potentially forever on your skull so it's important to get the mse done before.
Yes this is what I meant sorry. what i meant to ask was whether there is anything that needs to come before MSE in the same way that MSE needs to come before BIMAX? And is there anything else I should consider after MSE but again BEFORE Bimax? Also I'm right in think BSSO is simply the mandibular aspect of BIMAX? ie lower jaw surgery

Yes this is what I meant sorry. what i meant to ask was whether there is anything that needs to come before MSE in the same way that MSE needs to come before BIMAX? And is there anything else I should consider after MSE but again BEFORE Bimax? Also I'm right in think BSSO is simply the mandibular aspect of BIMAX? ie lower jaw surgery
Nope nothing. After mse it will be as if you never got it :)

but make sure with sergio oms as 99 per cent of the forum will say the same as me.
Usually orthodontics is always done before implant, and then fillers in girl's aesthetic procedure websites.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
Sergio OMS?
A maxillofacial surgeon that most of people know in the forum. He is known to be a high iq user. Only talked to him once lol but still gonna mention him so he can help you with a fast answer.

@Sergio-OMS

A maxillofacial surgeon that most of people know in the forum. He is known to be a high iq user. Only talked to him once lol but still gonna mention him so he can help you.

@Sergio-OMS
Oh I see. Nice