MSE seems to cause asymmetry in all patients

KraftDurchLeid

KraftDurchLeid

psl check
As few before-after‘s of MSE are out there, they all seem to have one thing in common; they create or worsen facial asymmetry of the patient.

Richard Mead got it.
DA22CBEF F442 4736 ADB5 E1438C0575BA

His case is probably the least severe but this also comes down to the fact that his asymmetry wasn‘t bad to begin with. Richard states in his own video that you‘re more likely to become more asymmetrical when you already were rather asymmetrical before the treatment.
859589B9 63F1 4367 8FCC CA2C2DBD528F

He, the biggest MSE propagandist out there, also states that worsening of asymmetry is rare among MSE patients (even though he got it) which seems to be false looking at other cases we can find on the internet.

There is this poor kid from reddit that arguably lost 1 psl point from MSE. It‘s hard to judge on how much expansion of the midface happened cause this could only be camera position but the asymmetry is obvious.
EF1EE16A D653 49CD B7D2 B7299DB3C004

A selfie of him after MSE. Damn...
ABC45325 75F4 469C 8E64 5C1EB44D6916

Then another guy from reddit. He shouldn’t have gotten MSE anyway since the cheekbones were already the widest part of his but nonetheless MSE worsened his asymmetry.
79E6086E 7669 4693 9BC2 F4E7DF7DF0F5

I can‘t find any other before&after‘s of MSE patients but I think this suffices to suggest that MSE causes asymmetry most of the time if not every time. 3 guys that did MSE. 3 guys that got more asymmetrical.

If you‘re still going to do it since this is only a sample size of 3 (science words:soy:), you‘re doing it at your own risk.

TL;DR: title tbh

Sauces: Reddit1 Reddit2

Attachments

• 9A88AD3F-800A-46FF-A566-C6C44D45465F.jpeg
    9A88AD3F-800A-46FF-A566-C6C44D45465F.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 8A1FA533-F407-4772-B5D0-98BD00F9DB22.jpeg
    8A1FA533-F407-4772-B5D0-98BD00F9DB22.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad, mvp2v1, SubhumanCurrycel and 5 others
I've written my experience somewhere here aswell. Yes it will make your face more asymmetrical but it's harder to explain in detail
I still don't know about what changes will occur once the MSE will be removed tho, like there can still be more changes and adaption your body will make over time due to your new wider dental arch(and the teeth straightening with Invisalign), possibly making your face more "harmonious" given the time

If you want to become a male model, definitely DON'T DO IT I would say from my current status

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869 and KraftDurchLeid
soo us crossbite , narrow jaw cels , should we opt for sarpe in your opinion ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869
soo us crossbite , narrow jaw cels , should we opt for sarpe in your opinion ?
look, I‘m not saying that it‘s a completely useless device. If you have a very narrow face, the benefits of MSE may outweigh the asymmetry.

If your face is already wide, it could be better to go with sarpe. MSE is cheaper though, I think.

Asymmetry could be reduced by constantly assessing the situation, but that obviously isn't practical for everyone. How frequently are people going in for checkups with their orthodontist?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Preoximerianas, Marsiere214 and 2 others
well mse is kind of a brute force procedure of course it fucks you up a little

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and KraftDurchLeid
The breathing benefits outmatch the asymmetry issues easily.

• +1
Reactions: .🇹🇩., Lorsss and Deleted member 16371
does it expand more on the side that was already wider?

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1
Asymmetry could be reduced by constantly assessing the situation, but that obviously isn't practical for everyone. How frequently are people going in for checkups with their orthodontist?
And if u see the asymmetry then what? The only thing u can do is stop turning.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Preoximerianas, KraftDurchLeid and 1 other person
The breathing benefits outmatch the asymmetry issues easily.
if you have severe breathing issues so that your insurance pays for your treatment, I would do SARPE.

i never understood people who got MSE, its a functional surgery more than its an aesthetic surgery

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, Lorsss and Marsiere214
i never understood people who got MSE, its a functional surgery more than its an aesthetic surgery
Its not a surgery

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816
And if u see the asymmetry then what? The only thing u can do is stop turning.
Yeah. I imagine the device could be torqued in order to apply more pressure to one side.

one difference MSE has to other forms of palatal expansion is that it doesn‘t only put pressure on the palatal suture but also the zygomatic suture which will lead to more prominent zygos and a wider midface - an aesthetic improvement which is mostly overshadowed by the asymmetry though.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Presumably Segmental lefort will give a much more even result? Less expansion than MSE but more instantaneous and less relapse.

This is the worst asymmetry I have ever seen with mse

Attachments

• mse asymmetry.jpg
    mse asymmetry.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 98
  • So Sad
Reactions: Marsiere214 and KraftDurchLeid
pretty bad. the more asymmetrical you already are the more you will get
Not always I think. Strangely in some patients mse actually corrects the asymmetry instead of making it worse
It's like gambling. It can either expand towards the side where the palate is wider or it can expand more on the side the palate is narrower. If it expands more on the narrow side lucky you because asymmetry is corrected. If opposite, then it makes the asymmetry worse. 50/50 chanc(or lower)

Attachments

• mse actually corrected asymmetry in this case which is very weird and different than the usual.jpg
    mse actually corrected asymmetry in this case which is very weird and different than the usual.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 94
  • +1
Reactions: Lorsss and neckcheck
This is the worst asymmetry I have ever seen with mse
Damn fuck mse, I'm going to cancel my consult I think and just go with sarpe. If the surgeon wants to operate me that is.

Damn fuck mse, I'm going to cancel my consult I think and just go with sarpe. If the surgeon wants to operate me that is.
asymmetry can be avoided tho. but you won't have any midface expansion with sarpe

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
good thread. To be honest I think I am beginning to disapprove of MSE for aesthetics at least. As well as the likely asymmetry, it makes your face looks more monkey-like by making the midface disproportionately large

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and datboijj
this is why JSE mogs @StrangerDanger

• JFL
Reactions: StrangerDanger
  • Love it
Reactions: datboijj
MSE user here:

If you have maxillary cant, the expansion will spread relative to the cant of the suture, not the midline of your face. The left side of my maxilla desceneded a few mm (2-3)as a consequence of even a medicocre amount of expansion (8mm)

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, incel194012940, Hades and 6 others
MSE user here:

If you have maxillary cant, the expansion will spread relative to the cant of the suture, not the midline of your face. The left side of my maxilla desceneded a few mm (2-3)as a consequence of even a medicocre amount of expansion (8mm)
I assume this would not a a big concern if one were to get bimax after their MSE? My nasal breathing is very medicine at best.

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
sarpe doesn't widen face? Damn, over for me :feelswhy:.
sarpe only widens the alveolar process, in few words the palate, because the sarpe cut is similar to lefort cut

meanwhile, MSE expands cheekbones too

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and SOS-Sonic
I assume this would not a a big concern if one were to get bimax after their MSE? My nasal breathing is very medicine at best.
I didnt feel like nasal breathing was improved all that much, I think my problem was vertical maxillary excess that pushed my tongue lower blocking my airway.

Im considering somelike like impaction and/or high lefort 1 idk

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
I didnt feel like nasal breathing was improved all that much, I think my problem was vertical maxillary excess that pushed my tongue lower blocking my airway.

Im considering somelike like impaction and/or high lefort 1 idk
Any changes in cheekbones, lip width, ipd etc? I will be getting it soon.

Not always I think. Strangely in some patients mse actually corrects the asymmetry instead of making it worse
It's like gambling. It can either expand towards the side where the palate is wider or it can expand more on the side the palate is narrower. If it expands more on the narrow side lucky you because asymmetry is corrected. If opposite, then it makes the asymmetry worse. 50/50 chanc(or lower)
does it have to be luck? Can you get it to expand more on a specific side, then?

As few before-after‘s of MSE are out there, they all seem to have one thing in common; they create or worsen facial asymmetry of the patient.

Richard Mead got it.
View attachment 1265288

His case is probably the least severe but this also comes down to the fact that his asymmetry wasn‘t bad to begin with. Richard states in his own video that you‘re more likely to become more asymmetrical when you already were rather asymmetrical before the treatment.
View attachment 1265294

He, the biggest MSE propagandist out there, also states that worsening of asymmetry is rare among MSE patients (even though he got it) which seems to be false looking at other cases we can find on the internet.

There is this poor kid from reddit that arguably lost 1 psl point from MSE. It‘s hard to judge on how much expansion of the midface happened cause this could only be camera position but the asymmetry is obvious.View attachment 1265302
A selfie of him after MSE. Damn...
View attachment 1265310

Then another guy from reddit. He shouldn’t have gotten MSE anyway since the cheekbones were already the widest part of his but nonetheless MSE worsened his asymmetry.
View attachment 1265311

I can‘t find any other before&after‘s of MSE patients but I think this suffices to suggest that MSE causes asymmetry most of the time if not every time. 3 guys that did MSE. 3 guys that got more asymmetrical.

If you‘re still going to do it since this is only a sample size of 3 (science words:soy:), you‘re doing it at your own risk.

TL;DR: title tbh

Sauces: Reddit1 Reddit2
Why the fuck did the first guy get MSE when his palate was already fine? He looks like a damn shark now, how big does he want his fuckin mouth to be?

Am I blind or what? From the front, I can't detect any changes in asymmetry in Eads case. The difference in the third guy seem quite insignificant. One of his cheekbones are now a bit more full than the other, but the difference is still so slight that it only will bother psl-autsist imo. That second guy though, damn... :feelswah:

@Need2Ascend ascend Any updates on your case? Has the asymmetry improved?

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator
Any changes in cheekbones, lip width, ipd etc? I will be getting it soon.
Slight zygo definition when water fasting, very slight but uncanny ipd increase but no one would really be able to tell. No lip change. The changes best seen in outdoor sunlight or diffuser light. Hard to notice in bathroom mirror

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and SOS-Sonic
3 main reasons: muscular imbalances, canted jaw and more expansion on one side. Easy to prevent, just correct the muscle imbalances, fix canted jaw if you have, and go slow while looking out for any uneven expansion

3 main reasons: muscular imbalances, canted jaw and more expansion on one side. Easy to prevent, just correct the muscle imbalances, fix canted jaw if you have, and go slow while looking out for any uneven expansion
how to fix facial muscular imbalances?

Why not pull your maxilla in the direction you want it to expand into as you turn the screw?

Also you can get a surgical split of suture to reduce asymmetry.

Last edited:
Why not pull your maxilla in the direction you want it to expand into as you turn the screw?
Thats already a thing its called protraction facemask

Thats already a thing its called protraction facemask
I know but I mean use your thumbs (thumb pulling) laterally towards the side that needs more expansion.

• JFL
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry
Get surgical palate expansion

I know but I mean use your thumbs (thumb pulling) laterally towards the side that needs more expansion.
I mean if you can do that 24/7 then maybe? But no one could do such a thing. Its pointless is the force is not continuous

fix body and neck posture
also proper swallow and chewing
tips for body and neck posture that goes deeper than bluepilled shit?

tips for body and neck posture that goes deeper than bluepilled shit?
well i recently started learning but afai learned you should correct walking as well. For some people that's the root of posture problems but not for all. And for body posture all needed is to stretch tight muscles and strengthen weak muscles but instead of analyzing every fucking muscle I decided to just go to a physiotherapist to guide me. But my case is complex so. And for neck some people would just have good neck posture if they had a straight back posture, otherwise chin tucks and chin curls. Also check for uneven shoulders and uneven hips as they are really really bad for symmetry

it’s literally over for palate expansion