Music taste is correlated with facial attractiveness

I see, I see. A friend introduced me to shoegaze and I'm hooked.
I mean, most of my tastes revolve around metal and gothic rock. I do also listen to dark techno/trance, but they weren't in my top 15.

Thank you so much for the link :owo: I'll check it out and I'll probably invite my gf over to have a look at it together!
Neither would I tbh. I mean I do think my gf is beautiful but if she were to be rated by lookists she'd be rated a high-tier becky.
I've been rated most often a PSL 6 chadlite, but I think that's a bit of a stretch. I don't look very NT though.
i started listening to shoegaze thanks to /mu/, otherwise i wouldnt have known about it. most of the stuff i listen to are also rock/metal bands tbh, specifically post-hardcore stuff. but i like all sorts of music. and youre welcome bro. yeah you should definitely watch it together with your gf. idk what you look like but tbh you seem like a nice person and thats what matters the most. :feelsgood:

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
ugly ppl are rejected from the mainstream so they try to fit in with more alternative and fringe communities. nothing new

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Respalier, datboijj, Beetlejuice and 1 other person
i started listening to shoegaze thanks to /mu/, otherwise i wouldnt have known about it. most of the stuff i listen to are also rock/metal bands tbh, specifically post-hardcore stuff. but i like all sorts of music. and youre welcome bro. yeah you should definitely watch it together with your gf. idk what you look like but tbh you seem like a nice person and thats what matters the most. :feelsgood:
I sometimes browse /mu/ and I have a feeling my gf does too. her music tastes scream mucore to me. a lot of the bands they recommend there are great but i'd feel weird if i played them at a function or a house party. and of course I would, and thank you :)

Here's a snippet from my selfie:

• +1
Reactions: Gengar
ugly ppl are rejected from the mainstream so they try to fit in with more alternative and fringe communities. nothing new
I feel that, definitely. I was fat for 90% of my lifetime. I guess this is why I grew up with metal and goth music?

This is me:

• +1
I sometimes browse /mu/ and I have a feeling my gf does too. her music tastes scream mucore to me. a lot of the bands they recommend there are great but i'd feel weird if i played them at a function or a house party. and of course I would, and thank you :)

Here's a snippet from my selfie:
View attachment 1373787
another /mu/tant eh. would be funny if you and your gf posted in the same thread on there without you two knowing and calling each others music taste shit. :ROFLMAO: yeah you cant really play the music they recommend for other people. its something you can only enjoy yourself. and no problem! and you seem to have good bones, nice lips, normal nose, if your eye area is above average then you would are probably chadlite at the very least

• +1
another /mu/tant eh. would be funny if you and your gf posted in the same thread on there without you two knowing and calling each others music taste shit. :ROFLMAO: yeah you cant really play the music they recommend for other people. its something you can only enjoy yourself. and no problem! and you seem to have good bones, nice lips, normal nose, if your eye area is above average then you would are probably chadlite at the very least
Of course! that would be funny. but tbh many of our tastes overlap so I wouldn't really say her tastes are bad. You know what.... during our next get-together we could troll on 4chan forums together on two different PCs while she uses a VPN.

true. because if I were to play even Type O Negative at a party, I'd get stared at.

Weirdly enough, my music tastes are strongly associated with white people. Neither me nor my girlfriend are white. We're both mixed.

Thank you :owo: I grew up as an overweight kid so I do know what it's like to be ugly/unwanted... To have an idea of what my eye area looks like:

• +1
facts

• +1
Moosetape GIF by Sidhu Moosewala

wb mogger punjabi music

• +1
Reactions: JizzFarmer and Xangsane
i listen to everything bitchboy

• JFL
Of course! that would be funny. but tbh many of our tastes overlap so I wouldn't really say her tastes are bad. You know what.... during our next get-together we could troll on 4chan forums together on two different PCs while she uses a VPN.

true. because if I were to play even Type O Negative at a party, I'd get stared at.

Weirdly enough, my music tastes are strongly associated with white people. Neither me nor my girlfriend are white. We're both mixed.

Thank you :owo: I grew up as an overweight kid so I do know what it's like to be ugly/unwanted... To have an idea of what my eye area looks like:

View attachment 1373791View attachment 1373792
how romantic! trolling on 4chan together, sounds like youre living the dream. :feelsgood: to be honest, even if you were to play deftones, people would still stare because they cant comprehend people listening to anything else than hiphop/top 40. sad but true. and im in the same boat, people think cuz im a brown guy that i listen to hiphop but in reality all i listen to is music made by depressed white guys :ROFLMAO: and growing up while being overweight can definitely affect the way you see yourself. your eye area is fantastic bro, you look like you could be a model. tbh in a way its good that you had a rougher time growing up because if you knew your whole life you were gl then youd be a stuck up shallow person, youd have been beautiful from the outside but ugly from the inside. however since youve lived life as an unattractive person before, you become not only beautiful from the outside but also beautiful from the inside.

• Love it
Would you say mine and my girlfriend's tastes are NT?
If it’s not pop edm or rap then it’s non nt unless it’s some catchy song that was popular years ago

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and Xangsane
If it’s not pop edm or rap then it’s non nt unless it’s some catchy song that was popular years ago
I see. So that means for both of us, our tastes are primarily non-NT...

how romantic! trolling on 4chan together, sounds like youre living the dream. :feelsgood: to be honest, even if you were to play deftones, people would still stare because they cant comprehend people listening to anything else than hiphop/top 40. sad but true. and im in the same boat, people think cuz im a brown guy that i listen to hiphop but in reality all i listen to is music made by depressed white guys :ROFLMAO: and growing up while being overweight can definitely affect the way you see yourself. your eye area is fantastic bro, you look like you could be a model. tbh in a way its good that you had a rougher time growing up because if you knew your whole life you were gl then youd be a stuck up shallow person, youd have been beautiful from the outside but ugly from the inside. however since youve lived life as an unattractive person before, you become not only beautiful from the outside but also beautiful from the inside.
Of course! I chose her mostly because we have so many similarities, even those pertaining to long-term plans. I mean, I once tried to put on deftones at a house party at Uni (even then, I was this fat, nerdy-looking kid with mostly nerd friends) and I saw the absolute horror on the girls' faces unless they were some alt Becky.... the people who were moshing when Deftones came on were mostly HTNs and below and the occasional alt Becky... the song I put on was My Own Summer (Shove It)
Legit this Stacylite asked the DJ to put on some "normal" music... jfl

I look white, but many people are actually suprised to find out I'm actually half brown. Most brown guys where I live indeed like to listen to hip hop irrespective of looksleve.

Thank you so much :) I'm 5'10 anyway, and I'm not a fan of the modelling industry. you have to be a huge breakthrough to make it (and get paid well) and I'm not going to be sexually assaulted by the photographers. I'm thinking of doing a mock model shoot with my gf and dad? They're both good photographers. I'm not gonna post them on social media though; I prefer to be off the grid.

I agree that most people who were beautiful all their life have this sense of entitlement that the world is theirs and everyone must bow down to them. I have seen Chads at uni, but I'm not friends with any Chads. The most attractive friend I have is a nerdy-looking Syrian Chadlite, and most of my friends would be considered LTNs or normies. Many look a bit nerdy/non-NT, and are either very skinny or slightly overweight. The said Chadlite however is quite fit.

fuck ur actually right, never seen a good looking girl who likes rock music and shit

• +1
fuck ur actually right, never seen a good looking girl who likes rock music and shit
The most attractive girl I've seen who likes rock music (IRL) was a HTB. Obviously excluding the most well-known bands out of alt circles.

• +1
Reactions: justadude
I like everything from Doja Cat to Lustmord to JS Bach, to John Coltrane to Black Sabbath to 21 Pilots to...

• JFL
Tales from the photoshop factory

Every fucking becky loves alt shit it’s so annoying

• +1
Reactions: gamma
Every fucking becky loves alt shit it’s so annoying
I love alt music. Not annoying at all.
Do you think beckies listen to alt to compensate for not being stacies?

Mainstream rap and some pop. Shit like drake, 21, Weeknd, j Cole, Kanye, post
Oh lord if we did a Spotify blends playlist together our tastes would definitely clash.

• +1
I mean you listen to mainstream hip hop while I listen to darkly inclined goth and metal... I wonder how they'd sound if they got jumbled up in one playlist

So, yesterday, me and my girlfriend spent the day with each other playing video games, watching TV and doing fun, wholesome little activities at home. When we got to the computer we decided we'd browse people's Spotify profiles for fun.

I've noticed a correlation between female facial attractiveness and music taste based on playlists linked to the account. For this observation, I'm assuming the account and thus the playlist holder belongs to the woman depicted in the profile picture.

Generally, the lower the PSL of the woman, the more she tends to stray away from "mainstream" or "chart" music. Women with lower PSL ratings also are more likely to include songs from genres deemed "fringe" and include more songs by "obscure" artists on their playlists. Thus, women with "alternative" music tastes are often HTBs or below, with Beckies (all tiers) preferring to listen to mostly more-well known alt musicians and femcels listening to the most obscure of musicians. Meanwhile, Stacies and Stacylites almost exclusively listen to mainstream chart pop, or music that has charted in the past.

However, it is generally noted that women, irrespective of attractiveness level, tend to stick towards more "well-known" artists within similar genres than their male counterparts who share the same music taste. For example, a non-goth Becky and a Normie, both in their early 20s with a slight "indie kid" appearance, both like post punk. The Normie might listen to Sleeping Dogs Wake, but the Becky's most obscure post-punk artist is Bauhaus.

Here are genres that you'd likely find in a woman's playlist, along with the level of "obscurity" for each attractiveness tier:

Stacies: Pop, R&B, mainstream EDM
Stacylites: Pop, R&B, pop punk, entry-level hip hop, mainstream EDM
Beckies (including LTB, MTB and HTB): Same as above plus indie rock, less obscure metal bands, less obscure shoegaze/post-punk/gothic rock bands, jazz, grunge, some electronic music other than mainstream EDM (e.g. techno, trance, trip hop)
Femcels: Same as above but more obscure bands, drone, math rock, anime OSTs, classical, and whatever extremely obscure genre is out there

Examples of profiles I've seen on Spotify along with their preferred genres:

Stacy:

View attachment 1373692
Exclusively chart pop.

Stacylite:
View attachment 1373659
Contrary to her appearance, she predominantly has pop, R&B and entry-level reggae on her playlists. I did however, spot ONE Rob Zombie song on her workout playlist.

HTB:
View attachment 1373606
Shoegaze, post-punk, dream pop, gothic rock. Entry-level/more well-known artists for such genres.

MTB:
View attachment 1373604
Primarily gothic rock, darkwave and various flavours of metal. Mix of "entry-level" and "obscure" artists within these genres.

LTB:
View attachment 1373695
Mostly nu-metal and emo. Lots of Korn, Masked Wolf, Bad Wolves, ICP, Three Days Grace and the like.

Femcel-tier women usually use anime or video game characters for their profile pictures. However, I wouldn't assume that a profile with an anime girl is a femcel, because the owner could very well be a male, or a Stacy.

My girlfriend would most likely be rated a 4.5 PSL HTB, and her favourite Spotify artists would generally be considered "alt", but not "obscure" in any way whatsoever. In fact, I'd say her taste is right in line with woman in her early 20s who spends a lot of time online and her tastes are influenced by Fantano/Reddit/mu. Most often, women with a similar taste to her tend to be Beckies. She plugged in her account on a Spotify taste analyzer and her favourite artists are the following:
  1. Cranes
  2. Diamanda Galás
  3. Strawberry Switchblade
  4. Westside Gunn
  5. Lovesliescrushing
  6. Siouxsie and the Banshees
  7. Have A Nice Life
  8. The Cure
  9. New Order
  10. Modest Mouse
  11. Sematary
  12. Slowdive
  13. Type O Negative
  14. Kate Bush
  15. Anri

The vast majority of these artists were also found in the blonde HTB's profile. A good number of them were also found in the goth MTB's profile.

I would also say the same thing for males too, but we didn't look at male profiles. But generally, Chads tend to stick to mainstream hip hop and EDM, normies like rock and some EDM and incels tend to like metal and anime OSTs. However, exceptions can always be made.
truth tbh

the lower the psl the more likely she is to be part of weird cliques such as alt , use different profile pics and/or be a strange sexuality

• +1
truth tbh

the lower the psl the more likely she is to be part of weird cliques such as alt , use different profile pics and/or be a strange sexuality
Would you say the same applies to men?

For a woman would you consider 4.5 psl low?

Would you say the same applies to men?
Kinda. My middle school friends were what would nowadays be the ''incels'' / ''outcasts'' but all together instead of each alone.

Nowadays they're both MtF trannies, i'm not even joking. I'm still coming to terms processing it. I guess part of me would commend them for it because it's actually an ascension. If you can't beat em, join em. Can't get laid? Just become what people want to get laid with.

They are probably not real trannies because they are both still straight (like women) but just, damn.
For a woman would you consider 4.5 psl low?
What do you mean? Objectively, or subjectively?

This theory seems more applicable to women than men. In terms of men, the guys who participate in the certain subcultures tend to be incel-tier lookswise but there are many chads who just enjoy listening to metal and rock. I don't know whether this applies to other genres like punk and emo ect

My top artists are
-Deftones
-Tool
-Meshuggah
-Rammstein
-Gojira
-Iron Maiden
-Judas Priest
-Nas
-SLipknot
-Wu Tang
-Kanye West
-Eminem
-Pantera

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Respalier and Xangsane
Nah. Incels are more likely to listen to songs about war revenge murder anything like that. If he's low inhib and the thug type he'll likely listen to rap songs.
Can confirm. I often listen to the song by St. Tarrant of Christchurch
3uywgz55jif31

• JFL
Kinda. My middle school friends were what would nowadays be the ''incels'' / ''outcasts'' but all together instead of each alone.

Nowadays they're both MtF, i'm not even joking. I'm still coming to terms processing it. I guess part of me would commend them for it because it's actually an ascension. If you can't beat em, join em. Can't get laid? Just become what people want to get laid with.

They are probably not real because they are both still straight (like women) but just, damn.

What do you mean? Objectively, or subjectively?
I mean an objective 4.5 psl.
I've also noticed a lot of trans women tend to have alt music tastes too from what I've seen on reddit.

I mean an objective 4.5 psl.
I've also noticed a lot of trans women tend to have alt music tastes too from what I've seen on reddit.
Objective 4.5 is kinda low realistically but 4.5s ascend to much higher with makeup

Most female influencers are 4.5s in reality

• +1
This theory seems more applicable to women than men. In terms of men, the guys who participate in the certain subcultures tend to be incel-tier lookswise but there are many chads who just enjoy listening to metal and rock. I don't know whether this applies to other genres like punk and emo ect

My top artists are
-Deftones
-Tool
-Meshuggah
-Rammstein
-Gojira
-Iron Maiden
-Judas Priest
-Nas
-SLipknot
-Wu Tang
-Kanye West
-Eminem
-Pantera
Yeah. That's why I focused on women in the op. And I do agree I have seen chads enjoy metal and the like too.

Would you consider me part of a subculture if I don't look goth, but I listen to the music, like gothic are and read gothic literature?

Also nice music taste. Lots of high t bands there.

Objective 4.5 is kinda low realistically but 4.5s ascend to much higher with makeup

Most female influencers are 4.5s in reality
I mean I don't consider 4.5 low, I mean she'd be a high tier becky at the end of the day. High tier, not low tier!!

I mean I don't consider 4.5 low, I mean she'd be a high tier becky at the end of the day. High tier, not low tier!!
You said Objective

• +1
Here are my top artists from my last.fm account:
  1. Bauhaus
  2. Clan of Xymox
  3. Swirlies
  4. Beherit
  5. Swallow
  6. Behexen
  7. Agmen
  8. Asgaroth
  9. Negativland
  10. Virgin Black
  11. Deftones
  12. Siouxsie and the Banshees
  13. Eternal Elysium
  14. The Danse Society
  15. Eric B. & Rakim

I've been rated most commonly as a PSL 6 Chadlite.
Are you a woman?

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj and Xangsane
So, yesterday, me and my girlfriend spent the day with each other playing video games, watching TV and doing fun, wholesome little activities at home. When we got to the computer we decided we'd browse people's Spotify profiles for fun.

I've noticed a correlation between female facial attractiveness and music taste based on playlists linked to the account. For this observation, I'm assuming the account and thus the playlist holder belongs to the woman depicted in the profile picture.

Generally, the lower the PSL of the woman, the more she tends to stray away from "mainstream" or "chart" music. Women with lower PSL ratings also are more likely to include songs from genres deemed "fringe" and include more songs by "obscure" artists on their playlists. Thus, women with "alternative" music tastes are often HTBs or below, with Beckies (all tiers) preferring to listen to mostly more-well known alt musicians and femcels listening to the most obscure of musicians. Meanwhile, Stacies and Stacylites almost exclusively listen to mainstream chart pop, or music that has charted in the past.

However, it is generally noted that women, irrespective of attractiveness level, tend to stick towards more "well-known" artists within similar genres than their male counterparts who share the same music taste. For example, a non-goth Becky and a Normie, both in their early 20s with a slight "indie kid" appearance, both like post punk. The Normie might listen to Sleeping Dogs Wake, but the Becky's most obscure post-punk artist is Bauhaus.

Here are genres that you'd likely find in a woman's playlist, along with the level of "obscurity" for each attractiveness tier:

Stacies: Pop, R&B, mainstream EDM
Stacylites: Pop, R&B, pop punk, entry-level hip hop, mainstream EDM
Beckies (including LTB, MTB and HTB): Same as above plus indie rock, less obscure metal bands, less obscure shoegaze/post-punk/gothic rock bands, jazz, grunge, some electronic music other than mainstream EDM (e.g. techno, trance, trip hop)
Femcels: Same as above but more obscure bands, drone, math rock, anime OSTs, classical, and whatever extremely obscure genre is out there

Examples of profiles I've seen on Spotify along with their preferred genres:

Stacy:

View attachment 1373692
Exclusively chart pop.

Stacylite:
View attachment 1373659
Contrary to her appearance, she predominantly has pop, R&B and entry-level reggae on her playlists. I did however, spot ONE Rob Zombie song on her workout playlist.

HTB:
View attachment 1373606
Shoegaze, post-punk, dream pop, gothic rock. Entry-level/more well-known artists for such genres.

MTB:
View attachment 1373604
Primarily gothic rock, darkwave and various flavours of metal. Mix of "entry-level" and "obscure" artists within these genres.

LTB:
View attachment 1373695
Mostly nu-metal and emo. Lots of Korn, Masked Wolf, Bad Wolves, ICP, Three Days Grace and the like.

Femcel-tier women usually use anime or video game characters for their profile pictures. However, I wouldn't assume that a profile with an anime girl is a femcel, because the owner could very well be a male, or a Stacy.

My girlfriend would most likely be rated a 4.5 PSL HTB, and her favourite Spotify artists would generally be considered "alt", but not "obscure" in any way whatsoever. In fact, I'd say her taste is right in line with woman in her early 20s who spends a lot of time online and her tastes are influenced by Fantano/Reddit/mu. Most often, women with a similar taste to her tend to be Beckies. She plugged in her account on a Spotify taste analyzer and her favourite artists are the following:
  1. Cranes
  2. Diamanda Galás
  3. Strawberry Switchblade
  4. Westside Gunn
  5. Lovesliescrushing
  6. Siouxsie and the Banshees
  7. Have A Nice Life
  8. The Cure
  9. New Order
  10. Modest Mouse
  11. Sematary
  12. Slowdive
  13. Type O Negative
  14. Kate Bush
  15. Anri

The vast majority of these artists were also found in the blonde HTB's profile. A good number of them were also found in the goth MTB's profile.

I would also say the same thing for males too, but we didn't look at male profiles. But generally, Chads tend to stick to mainstream hip hop and EDM, normies like rock and some EDM and incels tend to like metal and anime OSTs. However, exceptions can always be made.
Good looking people are nt and only listen to mainstream stuff

View attachment 1373729
Mans told you

• JFL
Reactions: Xangsane and Looks234