My dad offered me his landscaping business, what should I do?

D

Deleted member 17585

Hardstyle is my only cope
My dad was a millionaire at 26 from landscaping, believe it or not. He could have kept himself wealthy if he didn't get on drugs, but that's not the point. I just wanted to clarify this before people said I was gonna be a wageslave. The way my dad kept his business running was by being a hard-working perfectionist who wasn't happy with anything but the best. If dad saw something as small as a sprinkler being in the unpreferred place, he would waste his time taking it out himself. It was his way or the highway. The only issue is I don't have the same passion for landscaping that he does. Personally, I enjoy web dev, history, and mathematics if I am going to pick subjects to work in. However, I feel like I would be stupid to reject a business being handed down to me.

Here's how the topic even came up. My dad was working on a job and he made 30k in 9 days. Me and him were talking because one of our best workers was leaving us due to his girlfriend making him leave. We had put years into this worker and he was leaving, it had my dad tore up. The worker in particular was making about 60k a year from landscaping, and he has no other job options since he is in CS and he has a year left before he graduates from his small university. My dad also has used LOTS of illegal Mexicans in the past because of their effective labor, he doesn't even lowball their pay. The issue is we can't get anymore Mexicans to come work for us because they're all getting deported. In wake of this, my dad wants me to come along and run the business from the side, managing his crews and expanding it. He knows that I don't want to be out on the jobsite working with my hands, and he's okay with that. I just don't know if I can keep the business running the same way he did, I lack that passion.

tl;dr Dad offered me his business, I don't know how I am going to run it if I do take it, but I feel like it would be dumb to reject his offer. What should I do?

• +1
Reactions: squirrelcel, Richard_Hungwell, ShowerMaxxing and 4 others
My dad was a millionaire at 26 from landscaping, believe it or not. He could have kept himself wealthy if he didn't get on drugs, but that's not the point. I just wanted to clarify this before people said I was gonna be a wageslave. The way my dad kept his business running was by being a hard-working perfectionist who wasn't happy with anything but the best. If dad saw something as small as a sprinkler being in the unpreferred place, he would waste his time taking it out himself. It was his way or the highway. The only issue is I don't have the same passion for landscaping that he does. Personally, I enjoy web dev, history, and mathematics if I am going to pick subjects to work in. However, I feel like I would be stupid to reject a business being handed down to me.

Here's how the topic even came up. My dad was working on a job and he made 30k in 9 days. Me and him were talking because one of our best workers was leaving us due to his girlfriend making him leave. We had put years into this worker and he was leaving, it had my dad tore up. The worker in particular was making about 60k a year from landscaping, and he has no other job options since he is in CS and he has a year left before he graduates from his small university. My dad also has used LOTS of illegal Mexicans in the past because of their effective labor, he doesn't even lowball their pay. The issue is we can't get anymore Mexicans to come work for us because they're all getting deported. In wake of this, my dad wants me to come along and run the business from the side, managing his crews and expanding it. He knows that I don't want to be out on the jobsite working with my hands, and he's okay with that. I just don't know if I can keep the business running the same way he did, I lack that passion.

tl;dr Dad offered me his business, I don't know how I am going to run it if I do take it, but I feel like it would be dumb to reject his offer. What should I do?
Take up the offer and spend time on the side researching ways to run the business. JFL at saying you lack passion over an opportunity like this. If I were you I would be putting in 24/7 into the business

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Hector, Daniel Plainview and 6 others
Do it you bitch, import Mexicans with your own hands if needed

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Lmao and TrestIsBest
it's a no brainer, if you can leech off of someone elses life work, then do it. there's nothing to lose and only things to gain

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Daniel Plainview, Lmao and 5 others
The worker in particular was making about 60k a year from landscaping
What an actual cuck lol. Imagine making 60k a year and being led on a lease by your girlfriend.

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: squirrelcel, ShowerMaxxing, Daniel Plainview and 4 others
The issue is we can't get anymore Mexicans to come work for us because they're all getting deported.
Can't you sort out work visas for them?

Take up the offer and spend time on the side researching ways to run the business. JFL at saying you lack passion over an opportunity like this. If I were you I would be putting in 24/7 into the business
well i lack passion in the way that my dad has passion. he never went to school but he learned plants and architecture and irrigation and learning how to work any equipment he needed simply from doing it over and over. idk if i have that drive. i might just be low t

What an actual cuck lol. Imagine making 60k a year and being led on a lease by your girlfriend.
its because hes too much of a coper to take her to court and to get his son back, the girl is literally a becky and the guy is a 6'5" gymmaxxed 6/10 facially. he just has no sex appeal so he can't get much else

well i lack passion in the way that my dad has passion. he never went to school but he learned plants and architecture and irrigation and learning how to work any equipment he needed simply from doing it over and over. idk if i have that drive. i might just be low t
Just haven't found a way to apply your unique skills to the task.

• +1
Reactions: squirrelcel
you got a millinare dad but no bimax money fuck you doing my guy

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, PubertyMaxxer and Deleted member 17585
you got a millinare dad but no bimax money fuck you doing my guy
hes not millionaire anymore, he blew his money on trucks, drugs, and me and my sister. he's now doing good in terms of the business but has a lot of personal debt

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
hes not millionaire anymore, he blew his money on trucks, drugs, and me and my sister. he's now doing good in terms of the business but has a lot of personal debt
bro take the job improve it while going to college

Is his personal debt a factor to why he wants you to take over the business?

develop a passion for it by doing it
have your dad teach you everything you need to know

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
If you don't wanna run it you can just take it and sell it.

take the business and then sell it, with the money you can either start a new business or invest the money into something

golden oppuritunity

golden oppuritunity

Milk that cow OP
Grab the tit until no more milk there and cow dies from dehydration but you still milk and she start cooming and before dead you make more money

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: squirrelcel, Deleted member 17585 and Lev Peshkov
take the business and then sell it, with the money you can either start a new business or invest the money into something
this is probably what i am going to do. i want to code anyways, but i don't know the value of his business.

• +1
Reactions: Stopping@Nothing19
i mean he doesnt necassarily need to run this business full time just part time

Milk that cow OP
Grab the tit until no more milk there and cow dies from dehydration but you still milk and she start cooming and before dead you make more money

if you don't want it i'll take it, I could use a golden opportunity like that.

start researching the business. This is a great opportunity for you to ascend financially.

You're destined for this son.

start researching the business. This is a great opportunity for you to ascend financially.

You're destined for this son.
the only issue is i don't know how much longer my dad will be around. he'll either be really old like my grandma, or he could die really soon since his health is not the best

Lol bro, sane envy. I am studying architecture and I love landscaping, I wish I could work there.

Like I have the passion and I am good at it also. Sometimes I spend like full night awake doing things because I am giga perfeccionist (a reason I am here also)

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
Lol bro, sane envy. I am studying architecture and I love landscaping, I wish I could work there.

Like I have the passion and I am good at it also. Sometimes I spend like full night awake doing things because I am giga perfeccionist (a reason I am here also)
shii ill sell you the business then, my dad works all around southeast usa for multi-millionaire contractors every day

shii ill sell you the business then, my dad works all around southeast usa for multi-millionaire contractors every day
haha I dont have money, but if I could work there that would be so cool actually, just to know how things work there and get experience. Maybe landscaping is what I think it would be on the job, you know.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17585
haha I dont have money, but if I could work there that would be so cool actually, just to know how things work there and get experience. Maybe landscaping is what I think it would be on the job, you know.
My dad does almost everything. Architecture, irrigation, landscaping, lawn care, you name it. His biggest project was building landscaping basically a mansion on top of a small hill on a mountain. 5k square feet, and he had to do erosion control on the entire side of the mountain because a landslide ruined the previous road. Just about every tree and plant you can think of went on this job.

• +1
Reactions: Hector and Kingcel32
You fucking retard, do it, this is how you will ascend, think of all the money u gonna make for looksmaxing :lul::lul:

My dad does almost everything. Architecture, irrigation, landscaping, lawn care, you name it. His biggest project was building landscaping basically a mansion on top of a small hill on a mountain. 5k square feet, and he had to do erosion control on the entire side of the mountain because a landslide ruined the previous road. Just about every tree and plant you can think of went on this job.
Nice. Do it pays well in USA that kind of jobs?

Nice. Do it pays well in USA that kind of jobs?
My dad was a millionaire in his late 20's. His height was 5 mil I believe. :p

You fucking retard, do it, this is how you will ascend, think of all the money u gonna make for looksmaxing :lul::lul:
I am going to try and have a coding business of my own and probably outsource a lot of my landscaping business management, using my clout that dad will give me to keep contacts around

I’ll run it … what state?