MY FAT LOSS GUIDE

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Since I’ve lost 8 pounds + 2.5 inches off my waist in the last 2 months, thought it would be good to share my fat loss guide.

Been in the fat loss game for years and I feel like I’ve finally cracked it after tons of experimentation/research.

Bit of background, I was overweight my entire childhood and teenhood until 18. Since then I’ve just been going up and down in weight.

-Track calories, 300-500 below maintenance. (Use a BMR calculator which takes into account your activity levels).
-Track protein, 0.8-1g per pound of bodyweight.
-Hit atleast 10,000 steps a day.
-Consistently do weight training multiple times a week with progressive overload. Muscle is extremely important, not just for looks but also your metabolism. Losing muscle is a huge mistake because it slows down your metabolism and makes losing fat in the future much harder.
-If you’re struggling with fat loss, don’t do any fads (fasting, keto, etc). This is linked to the above point, do not starve or crash diet.
-Just have a balanced diet, 3-5 solid meals per day.
-Don’t neglect fats or carbs, both are very important for multiple reasons.
-Cheat code I’ve discovered; I have 3 scrambled eggs on 2 toast and 2 slices of cheese for breakfast. This high fat/high protein breakfast keeps me satisfied all day. I have no urge whatsoever to binge, snack or eat sugar. Carb-only breakfasts are horrible for multiple reasons (hunger, energy, mood being the main ones) but unfortunately that’s the societal norm, just like obesity.
-Use caffeine strategically for further appetite suppression as well as more energy.

At the end of the day, consistency is key. In my case, I only successfully lost the weight when I stopped drinking alcohol/partying hard on weekends. I still go out to see my friends but I just don’t binge drink (while I’m currently dieting).

Do your fat loss for a short time but STRICT. Put your head down for around 6-12 weeks and get the job done. Then after you can maintain/gain/enjoy life more. My biggest mistake was dragging out fat loss for years because I was always going out drinking on the weekends.

In terms of Bodyfat%, strive for 10-15%. People that are prone to being heavy simply cannot be shredded and comfortably maintain that (naturally). Accept that, get lean (flat stomach/visible abs) and focus on muscle.

Don’t lose fat too fast or too slow, both have bad side effects. 1% of your bodyweight lost per week is very good. If you have a lot of fat to lose don’t try and lose it all at once, do multiple cycles of fat loss and maintenance. Losing a ton of fat over a long period is a recipe for fat re-gain and yo-yoing.

Finally, here is THE best/most important fat loss video I’ve ever watched, please watch it:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mug, Cristiano88, Deleted member 14166 and 19 others
nicotine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Cristiano88
I heard coke can help you shred the pounds quickly just make sure your using diet coke :lul:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 4757, JizzFarmer and 3 others
I missed out supplementation; this is the bare minimum every man should take:
- Vitamin D3 + K2
- Fish oil
- Zinc
- Magnesium

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Danish_Retard
  • +1
Reactions: poopmaster22
I heard coke can help you shred the pounds quickly just make sure your using diet coke :lul:
I used to drink vanilla cola a lot and after starting Pepsi Max I lost weight, so could be legit

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101 and JamesHowlett
I used to drink vanilla cola a lot and after starting Pepsi Max I lost weight, so could be legit
If you drank a lot of Vanilla Coke, then completely switching to Pepsi max would obviously be a huge factor. Drinking Pepsi max alone wouldn’t do much if you didn’t drink that many sugary drinks in the first place.

@RabidRosaries What’s so funny? 😂

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Dainslief
So vaping will make me cut after my bulk?
vaping is not good if you want to lose fat while putting on muscle because it will kill appetite instead just eat a low calorie dense high protein diet for cutting after you bulk during the winter

vaping is not good if you want to lose fat while putting on muscle because it will kill appetite instead just eat a low calorie dense high protein diet for cutting after you bulk during the winter
Thabks what main foods you suggest?

fish oil is a scam agree with the rest tho although sodium is more important than magnesium for males
Not really, fish oil is good for joints, heart and brain.

People most likely get enough sodium from their diet, magnesium is much less abundant.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard

People most likely get enough sodium from their diet, magnesium is much less abundant.
Fish oil does more harm than good

Wrong. Sodium is the most important electrolyte in the body. People can get magnesium from leafy greens and legumes and rice.

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief
Thabks what main foods you suggest?
obviously if you want to put on muscle the best diet for that is chicken, broccoli and rice and regular exercise with weights and occasional cheat meals every other day

Fish oil does more harm than good

Wrong. Sodium is the most important electrolyte in the body. People can get magnesium from leafy greens and legumes and rice.
How?

Bruh I’m not saying magnesium is more important, I’m saying it’s easier to get sodium in the diet, so supplement magnesium. Getting mag just from food isn’t enough and also will be hard to get enough anyways when calories are low.

Fish oil or any pufas suppress thyroid function.

Sodium is needed to retain magnesium and potassium otherwise the body will piss them out to retain sodium.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
obviously if you want to put on muscle the best diet for that is chicken, broccoli and rice and regular exercise with weights and occasional cheat meals every other day
There is no best diet. Also if you always eat bland food, you’re more likely to binge on your cheat meals.

Just fit in your fave foods daily and don’t have huge cheat meals.

• +1
Reactions: jaw_is_law
Fish oil or any pufas suppress thyroid function.

Sodium is needed to retain magnesium and potassium otherwise the body will piss them out to retain sodium.
When did I say sodium isn’t important????

This is the equivalent of me saying “cars are fast” then you saying “No, motorbikes are faster!”

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Danish_Retard
How?

Bruh I’m not saying magnesium is more important, I’m saying it’s easier to get sodium in the diet, so supplement magnesium. Getting mag just from food isn’t enough and also will be hard to get enough anyways when calories are low.
it is easier but people dont because they think salt is bad for them when instead getting too little salt is much worse and suppresses thyroid function

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
it is easier but people dont because they think salt is bad for them when instead getting too little salt is much worse and suppresses thyroid function
People shouldn’t think salt is bad but I didn’t mention salt in my guide so it’s not really relevant.

When did I say sodium isn’t important????
You didn't. But people underestimate how much salt they need daily to allow thyroid to function optimally, which can be 2 teaspoons or more depending on other factors.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, JamesHowlett and Deleted member 15827
Wait so is Diet Coke okay? Also is vaping bad because I need to suppress my appetite.

• +1
There is no best diet. Also if you always eat bland food, you’re more likely to binge on your cheat meals.

Just fit in your fave foods daily and don’t have huge cheat meals.
its just obviously just eat enough protein and try not to eat too much trans fats and count your macros

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett and frendly
Wait so is Diet Coke okay? Also is vaping bad because I need to suppress my appetite.
Diet Coke suppresses appetite and is fine. Vaping suppresses appetite but is bad for your health.

• +1
Reactions: frendly
You didn't. But people underestimate how much salt they need daily to allow thyroid to function optimally, which can be 2 teaspoons or more depending on other factors.
Fair enough

Diet Coke suppresses appetite and is fine. Vaping suppresses appetite but is bad for your health.
just to add - if temporarily using nicotine for appetite suppression and you are successful in your weight-loss (assuming u are obese) the benefits of having less weight far outweigh the harm of vaping/smoking

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: frendly and JamesHowlett
Good guide.

Show pics bhai, generally interested to see how you look now.

• +1
Since I’ve lost 8 pounds + 2.5 inches off my waist in the last 2 months, thought it would be good to share my fat loss guide.

Been in the fat loss game for years and I feel like I’ve finally cracked it after tons of experimentation/research.

Bit of background, I was overweight my entire childhood and teenhood until 18. Since then I’ve just been going up and down in weight.

-Track calories, 300-500 below maintenance. (Use a BMR calculator which takes into account your activity levels).
-Consistently do weight training multiple times a week with progressive overload. Muscle is extremely important, not just for looks but also your metabolism. Losing muscle is a huge mistake because it slows down your metabolism and makes losing fat in the future much harder.
-If you’re struggling with fat loss, don’t do any fads (fasting, keto, etc). This is linked to the above point, do not starve or crash diet.
-Cheat code I’ve discovered; I have 3 scrambled eggs on 2 toast and 2 slices of cheese for breakfast. This high fat/high protein breakfast keeps me satisfied all day. I have no urge whatsoever to binge, snack or eat sugar. Carb-only breakfasts are horrible for multiple reasons (hunger, energy, mood being the main ones) but unfortunately that’s the societal norm, just like obesity.
-Use caffeine strategically for further appetite suppression as well as more energy.

At the end of the day, consistency is key. In my case, I only successfully lost the weight when I stopped drinking alcohol/partying hard on weekends. I still go out to see my friends but I just don’t binge drink (while I’m currently dieting).

Do your fat loss for a short time but STRICT. Put your head down for around 6-12 weeks and get the job done. Then after you can maintain/gain/enjoy life more. My biggest mistake was dragging out fat loss for years because I was always going out drinking on the weekends.

In terms of Bodyfat%, strive for 10-15%. People that are prone to being heavy simply cannot be shredded and comfortably maintain that (naturally). Accept that, get lean (flat stomach/visible abs) and focus on muscle.

Don’t lose fat too fast or too slow, both have bad side effects. 1% of your bodyweight lost per week is very good. If you have a lot of fat to lose don’t try and lose it all at once, do multiple cycles of fat loss and maintenance. Losing a ton of fat over a long period is a recipe for fat re-gain and yo-yoing.

Finally, here is THE best/most important fat loss video I’ve ever watched, please watch it:

thx boyo btw what do you think of intermittent fasting?

• +1
just to add - if temporarily using nicotine for appetite suppression and you are successful in your weight-loss (assuming u are obese) the benefits of having less weight far outweigh the harm of vaping/smoking
Only if you’re were obese or morbidly obese to start with. If you just need to lose a few pounds to reveal abs then smoking far outweighs the harm, that’s not even a debate.

Okay yes I workout daily already just need to eat chicken rice and broccoli nonstop now

thx boyo btw what do you think of intermittent fasting?
Didn’t work for me, just made me want to binge and I had mad sugar cravings, mood swings, etc

My dad is diabetic so it’s probs linked to blood sugar levels. High fat/high protein breakfast has been a game changer for me.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and EggKing
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16501
Didn’t work for me, just made me want to binge and I had mad sugar cravings, mood swings, etc

My dad is diabetic so it’s probs linked to blood sugar levels. High fat/high protein breakfast has been a game changer for me.
brutal :feelswah: ill look more into the high fat high protein breakfast thing and im probably buying a fat burner like lipo 6 black. Lean is life

• Love it
brutal :feelswah: ill look more into the high fat high protein breakfast thing and im probably buying a fat burner like lipo 6 black. Lean is life
According to Jordan Peterson, that kind of breakfast also decreases anxiety throughout the day due to more stable blood sugar. I have to agree tbh

• +1
Reactions: EggKing
Yes but I’m prone to balding so one cycle is one enough to nw7 me
well you will never be able to actually put on a lot of muscle without steroids if you dont want to use steroids you can get a physique like tom holland

dnp or cardarine + cardio; counting calories is for losers

well you will never be able to actually put on a lot of muscle without steroids if you dont want to use steroids you can get a physique like tom holland
True mk 677 though?

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg

Fucking spot on.

Best guide on fat loss. It's extremely simple.

And yeah using coffee, sunlight strategically helps suppress appetite.

• Love it
Whats your fat intake?

• +1
Only if you’re were obese or morbidly obese to start with. If you just need to lose a few pounds to reveal abs then smoking far outweighs the harm, that’s not even a debate.
If I have to lose 50+ is it okay?

If I have to lose 50+ is it okay?
If you have to lose that much weight you don’t need to smoke man, weight loss will initially be easy. I’d never actively recommend smoking to lose weight.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, Deleted member 15827 and frendly