My findings on how to enhance the mitochondria and upregulate PGC-1a

Watch the last YT vid from Eric Dubay.
Just meditate bro.
The best solution is usually free but requires some dedication... which 99.99% will never endure.
Because taking pills ... is so much "work".
Dumb gaycel

Yeah it does. Quantity of sleep is important, but quality is really fucking important. IMO everyone should be striving for perfect REM sleep.

anti aging is a looksmax:chad:
My daughter told me I had a dozen greys coming (not yet grey but "silvering"?) on one side (old trauma).
But I had a very stressful year and I will come back ;=)

Dumb gaycel
I speak about what I personally experienced for more years than possibly your whole existence.
You are nonetheless free to chose a lesser solution.
Not saying I am not taking pills (some of which you mentioned btw) but it would be much more effective with meditation.

I speak about what I personally experienced for more years than possibly your whole existence.
You are nonetheless free to chose a lesser solution.
Not saying I am not taking pills (some of which you mentioned btw) but it would be much more effective with meditation.
Oh wow :soy: so you happens to be 1 in a million exception who benefied from bullshit cope such as meditation (fucking cringe)

"just meditate bro" :feelsuhh:

I'm reporting this crap, you should stop spread bullshit and learn about anything before postmaxing

Oh wow :soy: so you happens to be 1 in a million exception who benefied from bullshit cope such as meditation (fucking cringe)

"just meditate bro" :feelsuhh:

I'm reporting this crap, you should stop spread bullshit and learn about anything before postmaxing
I just googled it for you as you look like you especially need this ... but I need no proof because I experienced it.

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead

I wonder what a girls reaction is to the weighted blanket, when she comes over
“It’s for my autism” :lul: :lul:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423 and Deleted member 10282
What if I told you... AR dependent cells have mitochondria powered by the androgen receptor.

powerhouse me

Time to metilcobalamin max i guess..

@badg96 translate

B

• +1
Reactions: n0rthface
powerful threat.

Factors that may be fucking up your mitochondrial's health and overall function=
  • Chronic stress
  • Poor glycemic control
  • Advanced glycation end-products (AGEs). AGEs, which are “glycotoxins” that can be produced during cooking (e.g., grilling, broiling, frying) and also formed inside the body (typically in line with poor glycemic control or high blood sugar), increase free radical formation, increase oxidative stress, and promote inflammation. Along those lines, they’ve been implicated in mitochondrial dysfunction. As if that weren’t enough, mitochondrial dysfunction is thought to exacerbate the production of AGEs, “fueling the fire” so to speak.
  • Sedentary lifestyle
  • Poor nutrition and overeating. The typical Western-style diet, characterized by a high intake of ultra-processed foods, refined grains, added sugars, and poor-quality fats (i.e., high-fat, high-carb “fast food” diet), is notorious for accelerating many negative health outcomes, including mitochondrial dysfunction.
  • Insufficient/poor-quality sleep and poor circadian rhythm management. This is, of course, another example of a vicious cycle whereby poor sleep hygiene impairs mitochondrial function. In turn, the ensuing mitochondrial dysfunction adversely affects sleep. Also of note, melatonin, while primarily regarded as a sleep-regulating hormone, is a powerful antioxidant, which is selectively taken up by the mitochondria.
  • Environmental stressors and toxins (e.g., heavy metals).

So essentially if your lifestyle is shit don't waste your time with this guide. Improve your lifestyle by meditation, exercise, good diet, making some friends, getting great sleep and possibly starting a chelation process!

If your lifestyle is good, this is just icing on the cake essentially.

PQQ for PGC-1a alpha activation and mitochondrial biogenesis + free radical scavanging.

It's ingredients=
Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (Promoting Mitogenesis and Neurogenesis through the PGC1alpha pathway. Increasing mitochondrial density in every cell in the body where more mitochondria would be beneficial. Hence why you need to exercise and workout hard and not just pop PQQ pills. Helps create new brain cells via neurogenesis)

Acetyl-L-Carnitine: Shuttles fuel to the mitochondria where it's used as energy. Glucose/BHB/Fatty acids in muscle tissue cell mitochondria

CoQ10: Supports healthy mitochondria. Acting against the possibility of mitochondrial dysfunction (which is one of the hallmarks of aging)

Methylcobalamin: Active form of vitamin B12 rather than synthetic B12 or B12 found in foods which needs to be turned into Methylcobalamin through the 5MTHFR gene processes (which a lot of us have issues with).

(copy and pasted from @x30001)

MOTS-c (copy and pasted from Ben Greenfields website).

MOTS-c is a mitochondrial-encoded peptide that inhibits the methionine-folate cycle and increases PGC-1alpha. It has been shown to enhance metabolic homeostasis and reduce obesity and insulin resistance. It has also been used to enhance sports performance, and certain long-lived Japanese populations have demonstrated a phenotypic expression and biologic link between MOTS-c and an extended lifespan.

The fact that it works by upregulating PGC-1a makes it an interesting option for longevity in people who have lower expression of PGC-1a. PGC-1a is involved in mitochondrial biogenesis (production of new mitochondria), and lower levels could be augmented with this peptide. Cold water, fasting, and exercise also tend to upregulate this enzyme, but everyone’s levels of PGC-1a decline over time. Lower levels of this enzyme are associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. Therefore, if someone has a lower genetic expression of PGC-1a, they may benefit from augmentation sooner than others.

Sunlight (no sunscreen) is a great way to enhance the mitochondria. It can improve mitochondrial biogenisis and increases the oxidative capacity of mitochondria in muscles and brown fat. The vit D is great too.

Red light Therapy. Red therapy light or photobiomodulation is not designed to increase perspiration or improve cardiovascular function. It impacts cells on the cellular level and increases mitochondrial function and ATP production. It essentially “feeds” your cells to increase energy.

Cold Therapy. Cold therapy has been used for some time to speed recovery in athletes, but being cold is important for everyone’s cellular health. Cooling your body shrinks your mitochondria, and smaller mitochondria are more efficient at burning fat. The mitochondria are the powerhouse parts of your cells that burn fat.

Improving your sleep will do wonders. Ways of improving sleep=

-Sleep 7-9 hours every night. Remember Quality is better than quantity.

-Using black out curtains to improve sleep.

-Using blue light blocking film on TV's, Laptops, IPhones etc.

-Using lights with little blue light.

-Using F.lux software on your computer to reduce blue light pixels on computer.

-Wearing blue light blocking glasses 2 hours before you sleep.

-Use a weighted blanket. As they increase seratonin and melatonin production.

-Setting the room between 62 and 68°F is the optimal temperature for sleeping. Whilst temperatures below 53°F (12°C) and above 71°F (24°C) are likely to make sleep more difficult.

-Sticking to a 10-7 sleep schedule is ideal.

-Use a Chilli Pad on your bed is good.

-Using a sleep induction mat (from Bulletproof) on top of the Chilli pad is good.

-Using a binaural beats headset is good.

-Using a sleep mask is good also.

-White noise in the room is great. Can be heard in background.

-Taking a bath and soaking in magnesium salts before bed is good too.

No one is gonna read this but I like threads like these. Treat aging internally, everything external is cope if your insides are fucked.

INB4 "DN RD"
dnrd stfu nigga :geek::geek::forcedsmile::lul::ROFLMAO:

TLDR: just be healthy and not a moron

So many threads on botb are literally just made of a bunch of words that 99% of users don't understand so they think OP is some revolutionary genius changing the course of science + the above